Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Nov 1, 2017
Hey! Thanks for clicking on this thread. Basically, as you may know, CubeCraft actually has their own Discord with thousands of members! Something that bothers me is the fact that there is a #staff-help channel where staff can help players with their issues, which is a sign of a good staff team. Although, as effective as it is, players still don't get their help. Staff members have other jobs to do instead of sitting at their desks waiting for someone who needs help on Discord. This is the reason I have proposed an idea (that @StorySays agrees with!) that requires the community to help other people! Although the forums has something like that, the responses aren't immediate.

This is why I think there should be a Discord #community-help channel!
Of course, with every idea, there are pros and cons.

Pros:
-Players get their issues solved quicker
-Allows staff to do their other jobs
-Makes the CubeCraft community looks professional

Cons:
-Information may not be 100% accurate
-Players may not use the channel

Anyways, If you like this idea, please tag a staff or leave a rating. It honestly helps. Also, leave a comment to keep the thread higher on the list.

Thank you for reading this thread, you legend! :D

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Hey! Thanks for clicking on this thread. Basically, as you may know, CubeCraft actually has their own Discord with thousands of members! Something that bothers me is the fact that there is a #staff-help channel where staff can help players with their issues, which is a sign of a good staff team. Although, as effective as it is, players still don't get their help. Staff members have other jobs to do instead of sitting at their desks waiting for someone who needs help on Discord. This is the reason I have proposed an idea (that @StorySays agrees with!) that requires the community to help other people! Although the forums has something like that, the responses aren't immediate.

This is why I think there should be a Discord #community-help channel!
Of course, with every idea, there are pros and cons.

Pros:
-Players get their issues solved quicker
-Allows staff to do their other jobs
-Makes the CubeCraft community looks professional

Cons:
-Information may not be 100% accurate
-Players may not use the channel

Anyways, If you like this idea, please tag a staff or leave a rating. It honestly helps. Also, leave a comment to keep the thread higher on the list.

Thank you for reading this thread, you legend! :D
There is a #staff-help on discord
And if the answer is not immediate, what is to say the discord one wont be either?
I think players should learn patience! :D

S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
I think it's a good idea if normal players can help others with their questions. as long as it won't get a mess or much spam. And players may only answer questions if they really know the answer.

Nov 1, 2017
There is a #staff-help on discord
And if the answer is not immediate, what is to say the discord one wont be either?
I think players should learn patience! :D
I already pointed out that there was a #staff-help channel, but staff sometimes take a while to reply, as they have other things to do.

And about being "immediate", I should have worded it differently. The #community-help channel will probably have more responses, as its just normal players that are responding.

About learning patience, what if the player needs help immediatly? Many issues are different from each other.

Thank you for reading my thread though!

Nov 1, 2017
I think it's a good idea if normal players can help others with their questions. as long as it won't get a mess or much spam. And players may only answer questions if they really know the answer.
There are hundreds of active people on the discord, and the questions may be answered quicker than #staff-help.

Plus, having two help channels is more helpful than only having one.

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
Honestly, I'd like it. It's something that could actually work. I'd like to at least have it tried. Might work, might not. Only one way to find out.

As you said, information may not be 100% accurate but I'm sure someone in the Discord would notice and provide accurate information.
Would be nicer than people using English to help people.

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
Official Discord rules said:
• Only official CubeCraft staff, with the staff rank, should be answering questions in #staff-help. Please avoid posting messages here if you are not a staff member, and are not specifically looking for staff to help you with something.

The reason behind this rule is to prevent any false information from being spread. Whilst I know for fact that a lot of the community members are well informed and are capable of correctly helping others, the majority is not. Then again, there could be rules like no irrelevant chatting, no false information, et cetera, but that would mean that staff members have to monitor the community-help channel, alongside the original staff-help channel. Instead of alleviating stress -pursuit would be a better wording- it would just be another channel to be monitored.

Nov 1, 2017
The reason behind this rule is to prevent any false information from being spread. Whilst I know for fact that a lot of the community members are well informed and are capable of correctly helping others, the majority is not. Then again, there could be rules like no irrelevant chatting, no false information, et cetera, but that would mean that staff members have to monitor the community-help channel, alongside the original staff-help channel. Instead of alleviating stress -pursuit would be a better wording- it would just be another channel to be monitored.
I completely agree with you, but there are ways of avoiding these circumstances. For example, you COULD make a new application process, and if the application gets accepted, the person could moderate that SPECIFIC channel instead of staff moderating it. The #community-help channel might not seem like a lot now, but in the long term it will probably help more than it could hurt.

Thanks for taking your time for reading my idea @Buuuddy !

Honestly, I'd like it. It's something that could actually work. I'd like to at least have it tried. Might work, might not. Only one way to find out.

As you said, information may not be 100% accurate but I'm sure someone in the Discord would notice and provide accurate information.
Would be nicer than people using English to help people.
Yes, they should at least test it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Foxy011's profile.
Happy birthday!:D (sorry for being late:) )
UncleSpect wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Happy birthday my friend! 🙈
UncleSpect wrote on SlinkyGnu05604's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Foxy011's profile.
Happy birthday!
ToonBer wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Happy Birthday Cutie :heart:🍰
Top Bottom