• Yes

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
This really depends on what the community wants, Im not making something that people dont like.
If CubeCraft even wants you to make a bot tho.. no offense, I don't know if they're looking for something.
But there are many things that can be done with a bot. Something that sends a warz emote, a music bot, an admin bot. Go into detail on what you want rather then asking the community for suggestions.

Reactions: Joggg

Joggg

Novice Member
Nov 24, 2016
The Netherlands, Brabant Jonguh!
If CubeCraft even wants you to make a bot tho.. no offense, I don't know if they're looking for something.
But there are many things that can be done with a bot. Something that sends a warz emote, a music bot, an admin bot. Go into detail on what you want rather then asking the community for suggestions.
Admin tools, Maybe an !appeal (player) ect

Nutuu

Forum Expert
Oct 7, 2017
Western Finland
#bot-help channel on discord, for the bot?
If you do !help or ?help or /help it would open a list of things it can do?
for example ?apply ?appeal ?

Skoedel

Dedicated Member
Apr 14, 2019
Belgium
Creating an own custom Discord bot, I am an discord bot developer myself and would love to take challenge upon me.
I dont think we really need this, we have staff that helps in a few minutes.
So I dont think that we need this

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
The thing is, eveyone can answer where you can appeal, report a player or post a suggestion for the network, as for moderation commands, I believe staff can do the moderation work on their own although a bot would make things a bit easier I think.

Also, if the bot would contain music or something, it'll be abused for sure, that's just a fact so I wouldn't agree on that one.

In short, I don't think they are really in need of a Discord bot. They can handle enough to all situations on their own. A music bot would only give more moderation work because there are enough people who'd put up inappropriate music and such.

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
That's why I said ''IF the bot contains music''. I mean it could also be developed to the wishes of the community, but 80% of them want a music bot.
No, it depends on how the music bot is made. Music bots aren't always abusable, depending on the way they were coded. Naturally, there'd also have to be a specific #music channel for those who want to listen to music together with others at the same time. Although the bots are always mutable too, so there isn't really much of a way to abuse it in the first place.
it'll be abused for sure, that's just a fact
this is therefore actually not a fact.

As for the suggestion, discord bots are only helpful and speed things up, yes there are many staffmembers and helpful community members who are ready to help anyone at any time. But a bot added to that wouldn't hurt anyone would it? It'd only speed up the process for some questions to be answered, and save time for those who no-life the discord server. I also like the idea of a music bot, just because listening to music with others > listening to music on your own (most of the time). Extra commands are also always good, I seriously do not understand why people are against extra bots lol.

Anyways, if you are able to code detailed bots, I think you should contact cubecrafts management or dev-team instead of the community, compared to the regular forummembers, cube themselves probably know better what type of specific bots they want, if they want any in the first place.

Reactions: Ducky

Dubby Plays

Jul 13, 2019
Italy
youtu.be
They could add Probot (mee6 is trash) and resolve half of the problems they have with moderating, such as discord server links, links in other channels, anti-spam, anti-flood, and basically all the basic stuff.

But it seems they prefer doing this type of things manually, and I still don't know exactly why if there would be already a lot to manage manually on the server. It will just helps on the minimum things. Bah

Members Online

Latest profile posts

LukaG_ wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Thanks for all of your time as a helper and good luck in the future!
LukaG_ wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats on your promotion!
LukaG_ wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Mr Frontlane. I think this is now the correct orange that I missed! Congrats 👏👏
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
1716203046192.png
Matriox wrote on Eli's profile.
🐉
Top Bottom