Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Threads like this --> https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/i-quit-cubecraft-for-now.165544/#post-666904 have been becoming more and more common. People are constantly complaining about the new anticheat I'll start by saying I've only been picked up on by the anticheat twice since the beta testing started BUT I have not noticed any improvements on hackers being detected since the testing started compared to NoCheatPlus. In fact, I believe nocheatplus did a better job at detecting kill aura than this new anti cheat. With that out of the way let's get into some back story on how a friend of mine tested an anticheat :P

My friend was the first to make a completely vanilla anticheat so keep in mind this is talking about command blocks to detect hacks instead of plugins but the concept will remain the same. When my friend wanted to test out his latest revamp of his anti cheat he asked me and many of my friends to download different hack clients mostly being popular 1.9 clients. The nonce we all got our clients we went onto his beta server which had the new anti cheat on it. WE fought around with the clients and during that my friend was able to adjust the anticheat in real time to detect our clients better as it was command blocks and not plugins. At the end of the week and after a couple more testing sessions he ended up with an amazing anti cheat that you could not even use hacks like bhop, speed, nofall, and fly for longing than 5 seconds without being kicked/jailed as well as kill aura detection that worked within a few hits that completely immobilized the hacker. The next week we were invited again except this time without clients. We tried the weirdest movements possible using items such as levitation potions, fishing rods, e pearls, elytras, ect.. We also just tried to parkour and use the teleport signs. This resulted in a lot of false kicks/detections but we were able to tell my friend exactly what we did to get detected. Two weeks afterwards he had an anticheat that could jailed speed/fly hackers within a few uses. Kicked players for B-hop, blink, tp aura within seconds. And kill aura detection that would pick up on people within 5-7 hits which is far superior to what cubecraft has and what most servers even have with just command blocks :D

Now I believe cubecraft should be using the method my friend used to test his anti cheat. This way no players who are not expecting it get falsely kicked and devs can learn exactly what triggers the anticheat by explanations of what the testers were doing before they got kicked. Note that we were all in a discord call when we did the testing so explaining how we got kicked was quick and easy.

The current way cubecraft is testing its anticheat offers less details on how to tweak it as the player has to be recoriding to get any good idea of what was happening before the player got kicked. Even then you can't tell other things that might have triggered the anti cheat such as just bad connection.

Personally I would rather keep nocheatplus until the new anticheat goes through one of these intense testing periods as currently the anticheat has no big improvements over nocheatplus. The nafter one of these testing periods it can be tested on the main server where it can be fine tuned even more to account for players who play with really bad connection and what not :P

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

CubeT0ch wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow to I guess.
lyxda wrote on savina875's profile.
ty for the follow (˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶) ♡
vPhaseAsu wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713905163373.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
ninjaaleen wrote on qKhalidd's profile.
hi
Top Bottom