Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Fiefens

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2019
Heres the deal: I like normal mode on EggWars. Its amazing, no one has obsidian super early, its just great.

But I have to bring myself to vote OP, because of one simple reason: Food Pricing.

Simply put, in normal mode, you have to farm an Iron Generator for about a minute to get enough food to survive for a decent period of time. In OP mode, upon respawning, you can go to an iron generator, immediately come back to the shop with the 30 or so iron that was waiting on the generator, buy some food, armor, a pickaxe, a sword, and a couple of blocks and be off.

So maybe Steak's price in normal mode should drop to 2 iron? It would take much less farming time to get the same amount of resources, and just make the game much more fun for people who prefer Normal Mode.

ItsBaraa

Aug 25, 2016
Isn't the purpose of normal mode having a long based game? I think it's good price for normal mode.

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Isn't the purpose of normal mode having a long based game? I think it's good price for normal mode.
Would honestly doubt that. If it takes so long to get good gear or get full obsidian, I doubt the games will be longer. In OP, you have better stuff that make fights longer, cheaper stuff to speed up the gameplay and other changing factors, like the enchantments on gear.

Back to the point now. I do feel like I share the same experience. It's not that I ever felt complaining about it, but it does take a lot of time to get decent food indeed. If you want to survive the game, you'll need steak and nothing else (also golden apples of course). Steak in normal is 5 iron, in OP it is 1, which makes it 5 times faster in OP to get fully geared up. Not only for offense, but also for defense is this a benefit. In normal, I also want to get diamonds on mid rather quickly, but the expensive price delays that. Instead of messing with the prices, it could be a better idea to instantly upgrade iron gens if it's a normal game to level 2, and keep them at 1 during OP. It won't make much of a difference, but enough to keep it balanced and have a good start of the game I feel like.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
If it was up to me I'd say make streak 1 iron in normal as well. Food is important and carrots are kinda useless. I don't understand why you should pay more

Instead of messing with the prices, it could be a better idea to instantly upgrade iron gens if it's a normal game to level 2, and keep them at 1 during OP. It won't make much of a difference, but enough to keep it balanced and have a good start of the game I feel like.
Disclaimer, I normally play 1.8 OP. I don't know if it's different in 1.9 / normal.

There are certain maps where gens are already level 2 or even 4. (Iirc Steampunk has a level 4 gen?) I'm not sure about the lvl 2 but 100% sure there's a map with level 3-4

Fiefens

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2019
Would honestly doubt that. If it takes so long to get good gear or get full obsidian, I doubt the games will be longer. In OP, you have better stuff that make fights longer, cheaper stuff to speed up the gameplay and other changing factors, like the enchantments on gear.

Back to the point now. I do feel like I share the same experience. It's not that I ever felt complaining about it, but it does take a lot of time to get decent food indeed. If you want to survive the game, you'll need steak and nothing else (also golden apples of course). Steak in normal is 5 iron, in OP it is 1, which makes it 5 times faster in OP to get fully geared up. Not only for offense, but also for defense is this a benefit. In normal, I also want to get diamonds on mid rather quickly, but the expensive price delays that. Instead of messing with the prices, it could be a better idea to instantly upgrade iron gens if it's a normal game to level 2, and keep them at 1 during OP. It won't make much of a difference, but enough to keep it balanced and have a good start of the game I feel like.

Doesent everyone already upgrade the generators to level two instantly? Maybe it should be Level 3 to start...

GiGaGekkies

Forum Expert
Dec 22, 2019
The Future
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
But the price is good i think. There is OP (very cheap) and normal (good price also) and hardcore (very expensive). I like the normal price. 5 iron is cheap, 3 is cheap and 4 is also cheap. Don't change it! Normal is for long games right?

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
But the price is good i think. There is OP (very cheap) and normal (good price also) and hardcore (very expensive). I like the normal price. 5 iron is cheap, 3 is cheap and 4 is also cheap. Don't change it! Normal is for long games right?
Please just.. one message..

Anyway, 5 iron for 1 piece of steak isn't cheap.. it's expensive.. carrots are useless because they don't fill that much hunger and you'll be hungry quickly afterwards. You need streak. 5 iron is way too expensive.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
You are the coolest polar bear I know:D
Eli
Woo, 7,000 reaction score!!
HyperPal wrote on Ge1ster's profile.
Noot
Matriox wrote on Dreamer's profile.
1715192346078.png
Top Bottom