Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think homework should be a thing?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

smkorpi

Dec 3, 2016
I know having civilized debates on a forums is a huge no because people take it too far, so DON'T take it too far.
Attack ideas and arguments, not people or features. There are also rules to debating that you can google if you really want to know (ex. You are not allowed to use age or experience or physical properties to gain an advantage in a debate)

So here the debate begins: What do you think?

Let's start from the beginning for anyone who hasn't have homework or heard of it. Its pretty self explanatory, it's work you are given to do at home. Teachers usually use this to get student to do work at home and retain knowledge. These can vary from projects, to workbooks pages, to reading, and math problems; if you've done it at school, you would probably have done it for homework at some point too.

Do you think homework benefits a person for further opportunities in life?
Do you think homework benefits a person for the school system?
Do you think education systems would be better with or without homework? And why...

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Yes homework does benefit people in life.
In future jobs, people have deadlines just like homework and projects.
It gives them practice in both the subject and life.

Reactions: smkorpi

smkorpi

Dec 3, 2016
I think homework isn't needed because the people that actually benefit from the homework are the ones that already care enough about school that they will try their best to do well. The homework doesn't usually hold enough weight in classroom points to really hurt your grade (usually) and people often just copy others answers.
There is also fact that sometimes people just need breaks from school to relieve stress and hang out with friends or play games.

I do not think homework will help prepare someone for future opportunities in life, because like I said above, homework is only useful for those with the initiative to do it. Those people probably won't need much help if they have that natural drive to do their best.
I do think homework helps the school system though, as the idea is good. If people actually went home and did the work all the time you would know when they need help or if they got the subject down.
In the US the education system is so screwed up, and won't be getting any better with the lady trump put in for education any time soon. I do not think removal of homework would help much

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Homework can help in some areas, you will also be at home more than school so the bigger stuff is done there such as
Science Projects
Labs
Book Reports
Research Papers ( the biggest of them all)

It also gives you time to study, because of my great education i got straight A's on every report card for 4-5 years in a row even powerhousing through plane geometry which isnt easy, homeworks more valuable than you think

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on __obektev__'s profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your time here :)
Reesle wrote on Otherworld's profile.
Cool banner!
LitDs have been about the normal, human-to-human relationships in the world, so there's a lot of ideas that I want to write, that are not so grand or lore-focused.

But I don't really want to write anymore.

I literally went through today with no motivation to do ANYTHING... help me.
This past week has seriously been the worst. Terrible things keep happening one after the other.
I have no motivation to write (as well as a bunch of things that I need to get done). However, I have this random plot idea of a new LitD. Two characters who are rivals in many cooking competitions throughout their lives but one of them is in love with the other.

1716070529301.png
Top Bottom