Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBest91

Dec 14, 2016
I have seen in Cubecraft rules that damage indicator mod is allowed, but I have to set something or just install, set the things I want and play?

In general, in this mod it's all allowed or I have to set a specific configuration?

Thanks,

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
If it's damage indicators by itself then it's allowed.
Labymod which comes with damage indicators is allowed but you can't make player reports with it due to being able to change players names.
Post in bugs/support next time :)

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
damage indicators on its own is, but in manys people eyes it shouldnt be allowed.

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
Na I disagree, I used to play with labymod all the time and haven't done so for over a month now, hasn't affected my gameplay.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Na I disagree, I used to play with labymod all the time and haven't done so for over a month now, hasn't affected my gameplay.
For credibility purposes, here's what Mineplex mods said on Mineplex about why DI is not allowed over there. I quoted their mod (last post) of this thread: http://www.mineplex.com/forums/m/11929946/viewthread/28235409-damage-indicator-allowed/post/last
Boomerzap said:
As Kanebridge said, Damage Indicators are not allowed because they are able to give you an unfair advantage over the players who are not using them. They allow you to tell how much health the other players have, and can give you an extreme advantage in a PvP situation. Being able to tell how much health a player has before engaging them in a fight can be critical, and can drastically change your decision to fight them, and how you make decisions.
@agent320 means the damage indicators (DI) feature. It doesn't directly affect how strong the player is compared to hacks such as kill aura, but it affects the decision-making a player can make. If he sees a player (A) with low health and another one (B) with full HP, he'll focus-fire the weak one first and then the strong one. A player without this mod wouldn't know who is weaker unless he saw player A take a lot of damage from a recent fight.

Another scenario: lava. DI can affect how long a player should leave their opponent in the lava especially if the player is going for enemy loot. A normal player would have to guess when would be a good time to take it out. Too long means he risks losing the drops but too early means the attacker has a chance to put himself out or give the victim a chance to take out the attacker. Someone with DI can look at enemy HP and know exactly when to take out the lava (at very low HP), requiring only a couple hits to finish off the burning target.

Last edited:

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
As stated in the rules, damage indicators (as well as 5 zig) is allowed. Your post is slightly confusing to understand, however I hope you will find the following video useful (I made it myself ).

As for the discussion of 'Damage indicators should not be allowed', this is not something which players can decide on, not is this thread about wether or not it is allowed (or at least from what I can tell), so it's best not to discuss it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on Muhh's profile.
:3
qKhalidd wrote on Shamel's profile.
happy birthday!
qKhalidd wrote on deoxyq's profile.
happy birthday!