Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think we should add a Test Server for all suggestions?

• Yes, I think this should be added.

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • Yes, I think this should be added with some additions I'll tell you.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't think this will work because...

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
Please ignore the title, as this distracts people from the real meaning of this thread.
Credit To: @KronosReeper (
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/eggwars-will-die.181849/)
So, this thread isn't to tell about how Cubecraft copies other severs or etc. This thread is about making a new server for testing as @KronosReeper said on his thread.
I just thought @KronosReeper had a great idea on his thread and so I decided to give some suggestions on how to fix the problems I saw on his thread. Also, You Need To Read This Entire Thread To Understand Everything. DO NOT SKIP, PLEASE.
Problem #1
Of course it would be nice to let our players test what's good and what isn't, but everyone has a different opinion on things so the one doesn't like this and the other doesn't like this. It would guess that it's also difficult to let everyone test all these features and you can't really let some players test and others not. Another problem is that if we let players test something they like and a bigger part of the players don't like it and we don't add it, the players who did like it might get upset.

As @iLoveYouu said, we can't test EVERYBODY'S idea since they all like different things. So far I think everybody can agree with what iLoveYouu said, but don't we have a "Poll" option on all threads? Instead of trying to use everybody's idea we could use the ones who have 75% of positive answers. I know a lot of threads don't get many views or people simply doesn't answer the poll, well then for the suggestion to use it would need at least 10-20 players (Cubecraft decides how many people needs to answer the poll).
The poll might also be turned off or go off after 1 or 2 weeks.
Problem #2
Cubecraft will always be popular as a 1.9 server. Eggwars is already a lot better than hypixel's bed wars from what I've heard anyway. I think the only way to compete with other servers is to have games that no one else has. People would be willing to settle for a worse version of eggwars to have the convience of not having to switch servers. Right now cubecraft's best option is to stay as up to date as possible. Servers like hypixel and mineplex will die if they get to be 6 versions behind and even now it will take them forever to update their games to 1.11 if they wanted to. Those servers have dug themselves into a hole. I predict cubecraft and 1.9 pvp in general will become much more popular once Xbox and PE update as that will officially make 1.9 combat the standard. To summarize cubecraft already has a great eggwars game and would probably be better off making games that are unique to cubecraft.

♡ Yes, Cubecraft is popular and all that but we all know if Cubecraft would stop being as awesome it is right now it would decrease on popularity a lot. EggWars is better than BedWars for many reasons they already told you etc. But Hypixel can always, always, make it better. I don't know what's the point of making new game modes if other servers always end up copying it, but it does make the server more popular if the game mode is good. I 100% agree with you on the part of Cubecraft being a dope 1.9 server, but it can always go down. Right now Cubecraft is doing an awesome job staying up in time and probably doing something for us we don't know! But we might as well help them and give more ideas of game modes with LOTS of details, not like my old threads of game modes that pretty much sucked lol.

Problem/Idea #3
This is something I thought. There should be a whole new section for this server if it ever added. This also includes removing the suggestions part out of the forums. Why? Because if we are somehow adding a new server about suggestions then we should just have a whole new section about suggestions. This new section would include feedback and suggestions, maybe something else that Cubecraft or someone thinks about. I know suggestions aren't only for the server, suggestions can be about many different themes but we could make two kinds of suggestions. One for In-Game only (The new server) and another one for other things. This could help Cubecraft find more suggestions easier than finding tons more about something that they are not looking for.

Problem/Idea #4-5
Of course, the test server shouldn't become too big to not let the real eggwars become a graveyard... Maybe have a limited amount of available, or only allow ranked players or something along those lines (probably against EULA so not really sure about that one, any EULA expert that can tell me?)

I honestly can't agree that only ranked players would be able to vote on this since this would be a suggestion server. All suggestions would go and ALL players should be allowed to vote. Once a suggestion has had enough feedback for Cubecraft to decide if it will be added then it will be removed out of the suggestions and added to the current game mode.

Of course, the test server shouldn't become too big to not let the real eggwars become a graveyard...
This problem also solves this one. Ones the suggestion has been applied or denied it will be removed so that the current game mode doesn't go down.

Important! :eek:
  1. If you have any more problems to add quote THIS PART OF THE THREAD (Important below) and tell me what else shall I add.
  2. I'll be updating this a lot. I don't want to look like I'm message farming but I'll sometimes type a message saying "Updated" or something else. I'll also type more than one problem so it's more efficient.
  3. You need to read every problem to fully understand my answer. Please don't skip anything or quote without knowing.
Thanks. <3

Last edited:

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I still don't think there's any reason to worry shot cubecraft dying :P as I mentioned before hypixel and most other big servers have dug themselves into a hole which will only get deeper. I hope they have fun updating their plugins once they get 6 versions behind. :3

Also there are a million servers with skywars/survival games and some of them definitely have to have a better versions of these games than what cubecraft has and surprisingly tons of people play skywars and well... Sg gets some players I guess :P There's no reason to panic over hypixel making a similar game to cubecraft at all cubecraft is still one of the top servers and I bet if cubecraft made versions of every hypixel game people would still play hypixel. Just my thoughts on problem 2 for now ♡

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
Credit To: @KronosReeper (https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/eggwars-will-die.181849/)
I just thought @KronosReeper had a great idea on his thread and so I decided to give some suggestions on how to fix the problems I saw on his thread. Also, You Need To Read This Entire Thread To Understand Everything. DO NOT SKIP, PLEASE.
Problem #1

As @iLoveYouu said, we can't test EVERYBODY'S idea since they all like different things. So far I think everybody can agree with what iLoveYouu said, but don't we have a "Poll" option on all threads? Instead of trying to use everybody's idea we could use the ones who have 75% of positive answers. I know a lot of threads don't get many views or people simply doesn't answer the poll, well then for the suggestion to use it would need at least 10-20 players (Cubecraft decides how many people needs to answer the poll).
Problem #2

♡ Yes, Cubecraft is popular and all that but we all know if Cubecraft would stop being as awesome it is right now it would decrease on popularity a lot. EggWars is better than BedWars for many reasons they already told you etc. But Hypixel can always, always, make it better. I don't know what's the point of making new game modes if other servers always end up copying it, but it does make the server more popular if the game mode is good. I 100% agree with you on the part of Cubecraft being a dope 1.9 server, but it can always go down. Right now Cubecraft is doing an awesome job staying up in time and probably doing something for us we don't know! But we might as well help them and give more ideas of game modes with LOTS of details, not like my old threads of game modes that pretty much sucked lol.

Problem/Idea #3
This is something I thought. There should be a whole new section for this server if it ever added. This also includes removing the suggestions part out of the forums. Why? Because if we are somehow adding a new server about suggestions then we should just have a whole new section about suggestions. This new section would include feedback and suggestions, maybe something else that Cubecraft or someone thinks about. I know suggestions aren't only for the server, suggestions can be about many different themes but we could make two kinds of suggestions. One for In-Game only (The new server) and another one for other things. This could help Cubecraft find more suggestions easier than finding tons more about something that they are not looking for.

Problem/Idea #4-5

I honestly can't agree that only ranked players would be able to vote on this since this would be a suggestion server. All suggestions would go and ALL players should be allowed to vote. Once a suggestion has had enough feedback for Cubecraft to decide if it will be added then it will be removed out of the suggestions and added to the current game mode.

This problem also solves this one. Ones the suggestion has been applied or denied it will be removed so that the current game mode doesn't go down.

1. If you have any more problems to add quote THIS PART OF THE THREAD (Important below) and tell me what else shall I add.
  2. I'll be updating this a lot. I don't want to look like I'm message farming but I'll sometimes type a message saying "Updated" or something else. I'll also type more than one problem so it's more efficient.
  3. You need to read every problem to fully understand my answer. Please don't skip anything or quote without knowing.
Thanks. <3
I love this! Although I highly doubt that CubeCraft will die.

Reactions: SkoodyDood

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Voting system idea:

Players can vote yes or no for an idea once, yes adds one "cube" and no removes one.

The more cubes an idea has, the more games will be available for players to test it. New ideas will get a small headstart.
An idea will be tested in the test server for ~a week before being removed. If the idea reaches 500 cubes within one week, it gets another week of being available. If the idea reaches 1000/2000 cubes, it will be sent to staff to take it into consideration.

This way the best ideas will be the ones taken into consideration and maybe added.

Reactions: SkoodyDood

BlueMoon475

Forum Expert
Feb 8, 2014
Land O' Corn
I mean there was beta testing that only the donor's could access, like the failed Skygrid server.. and I'm not really understanding what you're suggesting. Why get rid of the suggestion pages and replace them? Why make a whole new server?

Mr_Riolu_

Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2016
Treasure town :D
Credit To: @KronosReeper (https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/eggwars-will-die.181849/)
Problem #1

Problem #2

Problem/Idea #3

Problem/Idea #4-5

Thanks. <3
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/cube-test-server.181924/#post-767825 I said something about a cube test server *Triggered* But yes, I agree.

D

Deleted member 169486

Yes, a test server would be great. But what if two suggestions completely contradict each other? Like say one person want's to remove op mode, and one person to change out stuff? If they both get 76% approval rate what happens then.

Yes, Cubecraft will die. So will every other server, the entire game at that. But like it has been said, most other major servers will probably die first, staying so far behind, but custom games will do that. You have to update the entire game and plugins.

I completely agree that their should be a test server.

Rakion

Aug 2, 2016
So are you relying on some people agreeing, to actually make this true? At the end the owner has a say on all of this? Stop making threads only to support 1 suggestion.

@CyanYellow Lock?

D

Deleted member 169486

So are you relying on some people agreeing, to actually make this true? At the end the owner has a say on all of this? Stop making threads only to support 1 suggestion.

@CyanYellow Lock?
Sometimes people make it clear they don't read threads, other times it's hidden. You sir, make it very clear.

If the community shows no support for something, why would they add it. If lots of people believe something should be changed, then it's more likely that the owners will add it. Yes, the owner has the final say but community support can be a huge factor in the decision.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Rakion

Aug 2, 2016
Sometimes people make it clear they don't read threads, other times it's hidden. You sir, make it very clear.

If the community shows no support for something, why would they add it. If lots of people believe something should be changed, then it's more likely that the owners will add it. Yes, the owner has the final say but community support can be a huge factor in the decision.
Thanks for agreeing with me man! :D

Djentism

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2016
My shed
Trust me, cubecraft will die if minecraft dies, since it is one of the biggest servers. And minecraft won't die any time soon

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Muffin's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Mintypie231 wrote on Muffin's profile.
Happy birthday muffin! 🧁 🎉
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Muffin's profile.
Happy birthday
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #58-
A group of flamingos is called a "flamboyance."
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on mysticil's profile.
Welcome to the forums I hope you will enjoy your stay here!:D
Top Bottom