Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see some tournaments back?

• YEAH!

• Nah...

Results are only viewable after voting.

stinsen31

May 30, 2019
So last friday I watched some of the tournament clips you guys had at an event where people played.
It would be fun to see those back and maybe have a tournament where everyone can join.

It would be fun to take back the tournaments. And it doesn't have
to just be for one minigame like EggWars but for the other minigames too so the tournaments can be for
everybody. The pricepool doesn't have to be money it could be a Rank, or a Cosmetic or maybe an Uber Cubelet.

So for an example:
1st place - Gold Rank
2nd place - 3 Super Cubelets
3rd place - 1 Cosmetic of his/she's choice

And if the first place player already have that rank it could be converted for an Uber Cubelet or something.

I think it would be fun to play in a competetive level on this server.

Hope you liked my concept.

Josher

Forum Expert
Sep 1, 2015
Belgium
I think if CubeCraft should bring back any kind of competitive tournament, it really should be something big!
It should be something they can advertise and make people shift over from whichever server straight to CubeCraft to compete in this tournament.
It’s been a while since Cube actually hosted such a big tournament, the last one (and only one) I remember they did,
was the Spleef World Cup IV (back in Februari, 2016). This was a very, VERY big tournament which brought together the best SnowSpleefers from all over the world. And It was a big succes with thousands of players trying their best to make it as far as possible in the tournament bracket!
I’m not going to expand too much on this topic (this tournament in particular), as I already made a whole suggestion thread for it a while ago.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/spleef-world-cup-v.200323/

But hosting tournaments like these are very risky! As it will cost lots of money for the server hosting it.
And if it in the end fails to attract new players to CubeCraft, the whole project failed a bit for the management, because they won’t see their invested money back.
I also think this is the main reason they didn’t host any tournaments like these again...

But anyway, my conclusion:
I don’t think it would be a smart move to host competitive tournaments again, but if they're actually planning on hosting one again in the future, they should definitely try to make it interesting for new players to join the server!
(Not an EggWars tournament only players of CubeCraft will be good at as they’re the only ones knowing the right game play of this game!)

Last edited:

stinsen31

May 30, 2019
Tournaments should at least be held back until the hacking problem is fixed or it would just be frustrating
Yeah, true
I think if CubeCraft is about to bring back any kind of competitive tournament, it really should be something big!
It should be something they can advertise and make people shift over from whichever server straight to CubeCraft to compete in this tournament.
It’s been a while since Cube actually hosted such a big tournament, the last one (and only one) I remember they did,
was the Spleef World Cup IV (back in Februari, 2016). This was a very, VERY big tournament which brought together the best SnowSpleefers from all over the world. And It was a big succes with thousands of players trying their best to make it as far as possible in the tournament bracket!
I’m not going to expand too much on this topic (this tournament in particular), as I already made a whole suggestion thread for it a while ago.

But hosting tournaments like these are very risky! As it will cost lots of money for the server hosting it.
And if it in the end fails to attrack new players to CubeCraft, the whole project failed a bit for the management, because they won’t see their invested money back.
I also think this is the main reason they didn’t host such tournements again...

I don’t think it would be a smart move to host competitive tournaments again, but if they're actually planning on hosting one again in the future, they should definitely try to make it interesting for new players to join the server!
(Not an EggWars tournament only players of CubeCraft will be good at as they’re the only ones knowing the right game play of this game!)
Like I said it could be any minigame, not just Eggwars.

Reactions: Josher

CatLoverSupreme

Novice Member
Jun 1, 2019
Alaska
So last friday I watched some of the tournament clips you guys had at an event where people played.
It would be fun to see those back and maybe have a tournament where everyone can join.

It would be fun to take back the tournaments. And it doesn't have
to just be for one minigame like EggWars but for the other minigames too so the tournaments can be for
everybody. The pricepool doesn't have to be money it could be a Rank, or a Cosmetic or maybe an Uber Cubelet.

So for an example:
1st place - Gold Rank
2nd place - 3 Super Cubelets
3rd place - 1 Cosmetic of his/she's choice

And if the first place player already have that rank it could be converted for an Uber Cubelet or something.

I think it would be fun to play in a competetive level on this server.

Hope you liked my concept.

I'd love to see something like this! +1

Reactions: stinsen31

stinsen31

May 30, 2019
I think if CubeCraft is about to bring back any kind of competitive tournament, it really should be something big!

And if it in the end fails to attrack new players to CubeCraft, the whole project failed a bit for the management, because they won’t see their invested money back.
I also think this is the main reason they didn’t host such tournements again...

They don't have to host tournaments on events and that stuff it could also just be on the server online and not irl.

Josher

Forum Expert
Sep 1, 2015
Belgium
They don't have to host tournaments on events and that stuff it could also just be on the server online and not irl.
'Hosting' means organizing...
Online tournaments would still cost lots of money!
I mean, my example (the Spleef World Cup) was also an online tournament, not a real-life event. But Cube still had to pay for the prizes, advertisement, new plugins to set up the matches (= dev. time) etc.
Even an 'online tournament' (one hosted on the server itself), would cost lots of money and therefore is a risk for the management.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Top Bottom