Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
A

A pigeon

Hey I have prototype good idea for a prototype lobby thing. Instead of having a lobby I believe we should have a sort of prototype server where each week you test new features out with many active members of the community.

Here , we can expirement! A just dance blockband , bug wars and many kewl stuff. But most of all we wont have another cough * TD cough update like the one we got.

This better have 60 replies when i get back

MimicPanda

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Under the sea
www.cubecraft.net
Great idea.We can test features not only for games but also for players.This would let the community have a say in what gets added.But the management says this is not easy to install in the server,but putting in some work for a good idea like this would benefit in the long run.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
This would be great. That way players could see the possible new games and new updates. Maybe a command for reviews like /review then the developers could go over it and see if its an update good for the server!

D

Deleted member 169486

I mean it would only make sense to have players test out features. Bug testing would go slightly faster as more people would work on it.

test new features out with many active members of the community.
So would it be open to the public or just members that staff choose?

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
I kind of disagree with this idea. If we had a 'server' meant for testing new updates and fixing bugs, then would everyone be allowed to use it? It would ruin the fact of surprise and interest if all new updates were being displayed in the making of just one update. We wouldn't get to see right when we log in a new update, but just be viewing it along the way. It wouldn't hold the thrill of an update like I hope it would. This would also take so much time. To be adding in all this stuff, constantly updating it, and so on. It's just not really a good idea. Also, shouldn't bug testing be separate from the server? If you were in the lobby while someone was testing out bugs, it might crash not only the server, but your MineCraft and may do damage to your account. Key word, may. I honestly would do without this idea. I doubt it would be added, either. Anyways, -1 from me.

D

Deleted member 169486

I kind of disagree with this idea. If we had a 'server' meant for testing new updates and fixing bugs, then would everyone be allowed to use it? It would ruin the fact of surprise and interest if all new updates were being displayed in the making of just one update. We wouldn't get to see right when we log in a new update, but just be viewing it along the way. It wouldn't hold the thrill of an update like I hope it would. This would also take so much time. To be adding in all this stuff, constantly updating it, and so on. It's just not really a good idea. Also, shouldn't bug testing be separate from the server? If you were in the lobby while someone was testing out bugs, it might crash not only the server, but your MineCraft and may do damage to your account. Key word, may. I honestly would do without this idea. I doubt it would be added, either. Anyways, -1 from me.
But, this would allow the dev's to see what players think before going farther into developing so that it's not a bunch of wasted time on a new update/game that players are not really interested in.

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
But, this would allow the dev's to see what players think before going farther into developing so that it's not a bunch of wasted time on a new update/game that players are not really interested in.
We have a large variety of people that play the server. There is a good or fair amount of people that like every game on the server, and none of the games are technically dead. If the updates after being added are not showed any attention, they would remove them or make them better. If the Dev's wanted to, they could allow some staff or other good players to try out some or maybe even a private message on the forums to see what they think. I just think this idea will create problems with lag, bugs, and other things in and for the server.

A

A pigeon

We have seen how 'staff' test updates . Players need to test updates , ones that are quite into the server. Any member who's got 100+ hours in game should be able to join the server.
Also, shouldn't bug testing be separate from the server?If you were in the lobby while someone was testing out bugs, it might crash not only the server, but your MineCraft and may do damage to your account. Key word, may. I honestly would do without this idea. I doubt it would be added, either. Anyways, -1 from me.
What.

First ,
Why would bug testing be- what? Bug testing is the purpose of thennew server
Why would the entire server crash? Hypixel has a lobby desicated to this , they dont crash.
Many people test for bugs at the same time
How would minecraft crashing 'damage' and account?

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Yes, I wanted this to happen for a while now. Although it would be rather impractical to completely prevent bad games. They probably wouldn't let players join the early development, but I think this could help a lot with balancing and fine tuning games before games are released, and obviously with finding bugs early.

My idea would be to only open the beta server for a limited time before each update so people can't exclusively play on there. I think it would even be valid to only whitelist players that bought a certain rank, which would not be against the EULA as far as I know, limit the amount of players and also be another way to make $$$.

I personally don't care a bit about the surprise of a new game being released, I'd much rather have the games released in a working and balanced state.

Gatsbe

Jan 13, 2016
I kind of disagree with this idea. If we had a 'server' meant for testing new updates and fixing bugs, then would everyone be allowed to use it? It would ruin the fact of surprise and interest if all new updates were being displayed in the making of just one update. We wouldn't get to see right when we log in a new update, but just be viewing it along the way. It wouldn't hold the thrill of an update like I hope it would. This would also take so much time. To be adding in all this stuff, constantly updating it, and so on. It's just not really a good idea. Also, shouldn't bug testing be separate from the server? If you were in the lobby while someone was testing out bugs, it might crash not only the server, but your MineCraft and may do damage to your account. Key word, may. I honestly would do without this idea. I doubt it would be added, either. Anyways, -1 from me
Whats more important in an update: the quality of the update or the surprise factor?

The whole idea of a server dedicated to bug testing seems pretty cool, but imo its just a bit much. The devs are the ones who iron out the little bugs and add details, and even though players could probably find bugs faster, it seems like a waste of time setting up a server exclusively dedicated to bug testing. It's always good to get support and feedback from a WIP update, but a prototype server is not the best answer. Instead of a server, if there was a thread on the forums where devs could post little bits of info about the update or game or whatever they're working on, it could be a more simple and easier way to receive criticism. Anyone can view it and anyone can comment what they like or don't like. That's just my five cents, though.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Whats more important in an update: the quality of the update or the surprise factor?

The whole idea of a server dedicated to bug testing seems pretty cool, but imo its just a bit much. The devs are the ones who iron out the little bugs and add details, and even though players could probably find bugs faster, it seems like a waste of time setting up a server exclusively dedicated to bug testing. It's always good to get support and feedback from a WIP update, but a prototype server is not the best answer. Instead of a server, if there was a thread on the forums where devs could post little bits of info about the update or game or whatever they're working on, it could be a more simple and easier way to receive criticism. Anyone can view it and anyone can comment what they like or don't like. That's just my five cents, though.
I don't know how much work exactly it would be but I don't think it's useful for us to speculate about that. It might be as simple as using their current server that they use to test games with the staff. It's often not really possible to decide if a game is balanced just from reading the description. If they had some players actually playing the game multiple times, they would see what unintended strategies they develop and what game elements aren't used.
Either way I really like the idea of an update blog where developers would regularly post what they have been working on in the last month. Just giving us a release date for a game and no further information has to turn out horrible if they can't meet the deadline. But if they regularly posted about the progress, it would be much easier for us to forgive long periods without updates or even temporarily broken games.

Reactions: Gatsbe

Quake_02

Novice Member
Apr 22, 2017
Hey I have prototype good idea for a prototype lobby thing. Instead of having a lobby I believe we should have a sort of prototype server where each week you test new features out with many active members of the community.

Here , we can expirement! A just dance blockband , bug wars and many kewl stuff. But most of all we wont have another cough * TD cough update like the one we got.

This better have 60 replies when i get back
A not bad idea, +1

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

caraMel wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ✨
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
marshduck11 wrote on Livvv's profile.
The first sentence said "sometimes life does't give you what you want" the second one is incomplete so far only saying "not because you don't" I'm excited to see what the last sentence says!
SpringWarz wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!
Top Bottom