Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What do you think Cube's main priority should be?

• Updating to a newer Minecraft version.

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Fixing/improving the games that are dead.

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Going back to the old 1.8 version.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Adding more mini-games.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Building huge statues of the managment team in the main lobby.

Votes: 4 7.0%

• Total voters

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
Going back to 1.8 will make cube get out competed by hypixel or maybe even mineplex. Updating however may give us more players.

Reactions: Lilleh__

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Hello everyone!

This is a pretty short suggestion, but I'd just like to mention a few issues and what I think can be done to fix them.

Let me get right in to this. CubeCraft is slowly starting to die as a server in it's whole. The main reason why I think this is happening is because Cube isn't living up to the standards that a big Minecraft server should. Bugs that have been reported several times are left unfixed, a lot of the updates Cube makes get negative feedback, I mean the chat-update was a total nightmare for most people, UHC and FreeBuild are even more dead than before even after being revamped, the Tower Defence update is still full of bugs that never have been fixed etc.

I suggest making it a priority to fix and improve the games that are currently barely being played due to certain bugs or just because it could've been done better. It's really time to do something about this rather quickly if you want to keep a large playerbase. Updating to newer versions of Minecraft sounds pretty exciting as well, new blocks, mobs, bug fixes and more. Giving players an experience that's as smooth and enjoyable as possible.

That's all I'd like to say. Thanks for your time!
I don't think that going back to 1.8 is an option as thousands of players will just say no!
I don't have an opinion on it though.

I dont think making statues would help at all. Not even a little.

I think that adding more games would be great. I think parkour is a gamemode that all players want.

Reviving dead games? I mean would it help? Problem I have here is that if they update a dead game that no one plays, players are going to play it, then stop playing it. It will probably help, but only for a limited time.

Updating to the newest minecraft version would be amazing! Everyone would love it!
+1 on updating to the latest version!

DensityChild

Novice Member
Dec 25, 2016
WWE Universe
I've said this before, and I'm going to say it agian: I don't think Cubecraft takes their server serious

That's a very bold statement, personally I agree there are some changes needed to be made but I don't think fixes are the only reason Cubecraft is "dying". You have to keep in mind that most Minecraft players have quit; if you think of Minecraft as the amount of deer in an area, it is super crowded until all the deer are eaten by foxes. Then they repopulate and there numbers are come back bigger. I agree changes need to be made but I think saying Cubecraft is dying even in the title just upsets people who do find the server enjoyable. Sorry for being negative but I feel the server needs to be stood up for.

TheBoom989

Oct 11, 2017
View attachment 140944
If anybody votes for this, I will fight you on the side of the street, lmao.

Quality of Life changes need to stop being neglected. Small irritations really can ruin an entire experience. The other night, I got the world record for the any% ragequit speedrun on COD WWII after spawning in somebody's line of sight and dying twice in five seconds. Did I keep playing after this one irritation? Hell no, fix your game or I won't play it; simple.

CCG doesn't have as great a standard to live up to as a AAA game, but it does have a few irritations that could easily be straightened out. For instance, reducing start-up times and adding a punishing height limit in Duels. There's also the matter of CCG no longer having its originality factor, because it's living in the past (1.8 & 1.9 versions; terribly outdated vanity system; oversaturated vanity system that eliminates incentive; unrewarding games; huge focus on PvP, something that CCG doesn't do well compared to other servers). CCG has been moving in the right direction lately, but it needs to accelerate if it's going to remain a top server.

I agree with everything on here. Luckily, they have announced that more general quality of life changes will be coming in the future. That is nice, but as you said, more of these changes need to happen, and faster, as well. Hopefully this thread gets enough attention to matter at all.

BTW, 4 people have voted that option.

TheBoom989

Oct 11, 2017
Miauw, it might help your point if you spelled "dying" correctly. Not being a grammar Nazi, it just might make people takr this thread a little more seriously.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
1: Any specific proof that it is dying, such as specific numbers or average players online count?
You must be blind not to have seen cubecraft dieing.
About a year ago, cubecraft sometimes actually had more players than hypixel,
right now one hypixel gamemode has more players than the entirety of cubecraft
You have to keep in mind that most Minecraft players have quit
Any proof?
You have to also keep in mind more newer players are coming to the game too.
Also it's not just about the absolute number of players, but also the relative number of players compared to other big servers like hypixel, and in that sense there's not a doubt that cubecraft is dieing.

As for the suggestion:
Yes I know it isn't out yet, but please already prepare. If there's one thing that will make cubecraft great, it's updating to 1.14. You said it yourself when cubecraft updates to 1.9: "We did it to stay up to date with the current minecraft version because it will give more features and if the other server stay in 1.8 they'll eventually die out". You were right, if cube were to stay 1.8, the server would probably be in a much worse situation than it is now because there's just no way to compete with Hypixel.
It doesn't even have to be 1.14, just update to 1.12 ASAP since that version is already out.

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

timinator582162 wrote on sussy_blocka's profile.
Player Rayhidst2014 was traveling about 3 times normal speed. also was floating and flying. This ruined a perfectly good four player bedwars game.
Today starts Giro d'Italia one of the biggest cycling races in the world and who do you think will win the general classification after 21 days of cycling?
BicolourSine41 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🎉🎉 (Sorry that i am so late cause i was on vacation to Spain and did not take my pc)
Top Bottom