Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
Sentinel is very good.
I dont know why people hate them, obliously can ban you without reason, is a AI.
What you preefer

play with 3 hackers per game
Or
Can be banned 7days without reason, but can apeal
As I've said in the thread if you bothered to read it, Sentinel is something that you can't do much about. Anti cheats are a piece of work and will false ban and miss out on the most obvious things no matter how much you try to improve it. I don't think you've focused on the subject of the thread. This thread was not about how bad Sentinel is.

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
Also an FYI: Moderators are perfectly capable of dealing with sentinel appeals. You don't have to worry about that.

As I've been told, most moderators if not all do not understand the Sentinel logs. I know that they do deal with Sentinel appeals but when it's marked as a false positive, there's just one person. You've said that it costs money, which is true, but if they aren't going to invest, then they're basically just saying that we aren't interested in keeping our players or running too much longer. Your lovely staff manager points this out as he says that since they aren't as successful, they won't devote more time, money and dev hours.

Esku

Apr 15, 2017
México
Sentinel sucks, my friend was banned because he was bugged in SkyWars and sentinel I banned him, and today I saw 2 hackers flying and they won the game

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
so take your time and make a serious structured suggestion.
Did you even read the thread

few forum profiles from late 2016 and early 2017 who were quality applicants that did apply, met all requirements etc and were denied.
Don’t want to sound biased or whatever the word is but I honestly think I was one of those people. (I shined in the summer of 2017 though, which a year ago. Kinda hard to believe now for anyone who hasn”t been here for more than a year and a half)

Reactions: TheFastBowler

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
My thoughts exactly...

Don’t want to sound biased or whatever the word is but I honestly think I was one of those people. (I shined in the summer of 2017 though, which a year ago. Kinda hard to believe now for anyone who hasn”t been here for more than a year and a half)
You're absolutely right. You were one of them, and there were so many more....but they can continue to deny of course.

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
Alright, this one's a common misunderstanding: There's a huge difference between saying "ah this sucks get rid of it I don't like it" and an actual serious suggestion covering the problem, the solution(s) and the motivation to do so. Negative feedback is always welcome, as we're open to feedback 24/7. Although they may not implement any of it, the idea behind the suggestion is kept in mind in case there's an opening to fix it in a better way.
We can't do anything with rants that go on about just a problem, so take your time and make a serious structured suggestion.

So according to you, this is just another rant thread? According to you, this isn't a serious structured suggestion that didn't take time to make? "Just a problem?" I think you misunderstand what I'm trying to point out here. A lot of what you've said in your reply is something that I discussed in the thread. "Costs money" don't you think I already know that? Re-read the thread and see if I've answered the points that you've tried to counter and tell me once you've found something else and I'll let you know what can be done to fix it. Finding excuses or redirecting me to links again isn't going to work and as far as I'm concerned you've just said exactly what I've discussed in my thread and found solutions or reasons to do some of the things. Remember this thread? Although not well written at all, I specifically wrote that I know what people will say, such as "report staff at this link" or "report hackers at this link.." and of course Tacos and a few others came to the rescue and redirected me to those links as if I didn't know they existed. I know it costs money but if they aren't going to put in time and money then they may as well just admit the fact that they aren't trying to make Cube survive for another few years because the way it's going, I highly doubt it will.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
So according to you, this is just another rant thread?
You seem to misunderstand that me saying "you should make a serious, structured suggestion" isn't directed at anyone or anything. It's about people complaining that Cube "doesn't listen to suggestions" when there's the obvious difference between an actual structured suggestion and people complaining and using that as their means to justify change instead of objective arguments. I never said anything about this thread being a rant or something.

"Costs money" don't you think I already know that? Re-read the thread and see if I've answered the points that you've tried to counter and tell me once you've found something else and I'll let you know what can be done to fix it. Finding excuses or redirecting me to links again isn't going to work and as far as I'm concerned you've just said exactly what I've discussed in my thread and found solutions or reasons to do some of the things.
My point against that bit can be summed up as this: It costs money, might work out, might not. We're not the ones to make that decision. What else am I supposed to tell you? I'm not saying that "something costs money" is an argument, I'm trying to shed light on the fact that there's huge uncertainties in regards to the costs of everything. You don't know it, I don't know it. What makes you think we should be making the financial decisions for them if we have nothing to work with?

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
My point against that bit can be summed up as this: It costs money, might work out, might not. We're not the ones to make that decision. What else am I supposed to tell you? I'm not saying that "something costs money" is an argument, I'm trying to shed light on the fact that there's huge uncertainties in regards to the costs of everything. You don't know it, I don't know it. What makes you think we should be making the financial decisions for them if we have nothing to work with?
I think you aren't the right person making that argument then. If you don't know about the financial decisions, then I don't think you're the right person to argue that it costs money. I've laid out what I think, and in the end, yes, it's the management that makes these decisions but clearly as it seems, the administration (Tacos) has stated that they aren't going to dedicate as much time and money as they used to.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
It's about people complaining that Cube "doesn't listen to suggestions" when there's the obvious difference between an actual structured suggestion and people complaining and using that as their means to justify change instead of objective arguments.
Despite there being plenty of actual structured suggestions being ignored, you seem to be missing the point.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/cubecraft-problems.209389/ Part 3.
The current system of how suggestions are handled is inherently flawed.

Reactions: TheFastBowler

Orangeric88

Forum Expert
Apr 22, 2016
Planet Orange
www.cubecraft.net
Hello Everyone!

Sorry if this is a bit long, but I just had to speak what was on my mind. I've been reading Bowlers thread for a heck of a long time now and I want to give my own insight on this. If you scroll down, there are links to almost everything I've talked about. The youtube vidoes should be set to the right timestamp (the gamerboy80 one doesn't have an exact timestamp as what I think most of what he says is important.) Most of the links have to do with Hypixel. I know you aren't suppose to talk much about Hypixel but I think there's a connection here. This is to show that not only CubeCraft is having problems.

Please don't take this at all as any kind of backlash or late towards the CCG community. From what I can gather from the conversations, it seems as though money seems to be the highlight of all the problems to this issue. Personally, from my own point of view and experience, I feel this is not the case. As the old quote says 'You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink', I feel like we are in the same scenario. Lets forget about money for a few seconds. In this case, the horse is the anticheat developer and or web developer. The water is the project (fixing bugs, creating new features, etc). The drinking part is the devs actually doing the project. If you can see the analogy now, you can see that no matter the money or the amount of developers CubeCraft hires, CubeCraft has to find people that are well committed and willing to do this task. If CubeCraft does what you say Bowler:
There’s no reward without risk and an investment into a web developer and perhaps a few people who understand logs is crucial.
CubeCraft will be suffering much more. I understand what you mean by taking a risk (I've done it many times) but the hard truth is, sometimes that risk takes a turn south and we end up in the same position or maybe even lower. I know this may seem like I just gave you the definition for 'taking a risk' but here me out.

As of right now, that's kind of hard to do considering the state and position of MC. (I know and understand if you disagree that MC is somewhat on the verge of oooof. No matter what you think, I'm 100% certain the majority of people will agree when I say MC is slowing down drastically.) If you've been keeping up with MC news, that is kind of an issue everyone is facing, not just Cube.

Over the summer, I have noticed a lot of things with MC. Minecraft YouTubers, fellow servers, and overall most of peoples opinions have changed around MC. Even Simon, owner from Hypixel, is starting to feel a change in MC. According to a tweet he composed, he's also being frustrated at the fact that people are changing (by that I mean hacking and toxicity). There's simply not a healthy community in Minecraft anymore. Truth. Gamerboy80 has recently made a video (Retiring the win streak) on this topic. In addition to that Many many YouTubers are quitting for other games like Fortnite or PUBG. Sure a ton on new players are playing Minecraft every single day but lets look at the hard earned facts here. More people are leaving as there are people joining. You can really see this on servers. Lets take a look at the most popular server to date, Hypixel. Even they are starting to dip in player counts. This is reality. Games will not last forever. We need to accept that. Even though MC is not completely dead, its starting to lose its life.

Because of this issue, I'm sure not many DEVs out there in the world as of the moment are playing MC, keeping up with MC, and or even interested in MC. Some of them might not even be interested in MC at all. This leads me back to 'taking risks' part. Ye sure you can hire a DEV, and chances most likely, they'll have very limited knowledge on MC or not like MC that much at all. People that don't like what they're doing will eventually end up quitting before you know it.

CubeCraft, in my opinion, is doing the best they can. Though I do agree with some points bowler made:
Address the slow Sentinel appeals problem. 1 person is not enough. If you want to keep your players, don’t make them wait 3-4 days to get unbanned because they’ve technically served their punishment by then. People move on due to stuff like this.
Now, when it comes to hiring more developers to fix the issue, CubeCraft needs more people who can read and understand anti cheat logs and answer valid appeals as well as a web developer.
I would like to say that Cube really has to being prioritising on what the actually want.

I feel like there should be a somewhat stricter way to recruit new people and at least some type of requirement once you're staff (this is to ensure increased activity). I know from other servers (SkyCade, Hypixel) that as a staff you have to be online for at least a certain amount of hours per week/day. Although I do appreciate the lenience with time management from Cube, I still think it should be a bit stricter. From what I can remember, when I was a helper for CubeCraft (this was during the MAC times so idk if 2018 version helper is different) things weren't as clear. Sure reading the guidelines and rules and stuff help but in my opinion actually having some sort of mentor that's actually showing you what to do would be much better. I can see some flaws in this already (not having enough mentors to go around, mentors might be busy with irl stuff, hassle to get mentor on, etc) but in my eyes, it quality over quantity.

In the end, to sum things up, I don't this this blame should all go towards CubeCraft. Most of this has to do with the activity from Minecraft, and in general the Minecraft Community altogether. Though I think CubeCraft should change some things to there system, I don't think we all need to point fingers here and blame it all on them.

Links to all the stuff I mentioned in the response:

Gamerboy80 Vid - Link (go to 5:25 if you really don't care about anything else he has to say)
Simon's Tweet - Link Link2
Minecraft v. Fortnite Community - Link
Target3DGaming Vid - Link

Hello! If you clicked on this, that probably means you want to know more about the whole community issue. If you go on google trends right now and compare Fortnite to MC, you can see that somewhere during the start of 2018, there was a huge drop in Minecraft. Now you might be saying that it's google trends and it basically only counts people who searched minecraft on google and since minecraft is old and most people know what it is, they dont need to search it hence why its lower than Fortnite you are somewhat right. Google trends, gives us the jist of whats going on. If you look at other peoples opinions and all the Minecraft YouTubers, you can truly see the starting downfall of Minecraft. There's this small YouTuber Target3DGaming and he did a good job of describing how 'content is harder to make on MC as it's practically stale.'
Sentinel. Cubecraft's anticheat. If you ask me what I thought about Sentinel, I would say its decent. I wouldn't say it's good (as no anticheat can catch 100% of hackers) and not the worst one either (Gwen aka MAC(No, it doesn't mean Mac the old admin, it stands for Mineplex Anti Cheat.) xTurtle tried countless to hack again on CubeCraft after he got board with Fortnite and truth be told he couldn't. In fact, he even said CubeCraft made an improvement to their anticheat since he last played. He was so awestruck that he even raged hacking on CubeCraft (for a while). So, for everyone here saying to just deactivate the anticheat, please watch what you're saying. No anticheat is perfect. You might be falsebanned and a hacker clearly hacking might not be banned. But, just because that happens doesn't mean it's trash.

Thank you for reading this. :)

P.S. Great interacting with the community again! :cube_light:

Last edited:

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
As of right now, that's kind of hard to do considering the state and position of MC. (I know and understand if you disagree that MC is somewhat on the verge of oooof. No matter what you think, I'm 100% certain the majority of people will agree when I say MC is slowing down drastically.) If you've been keeping up with MC news, that is kind of an issue everyone is facing, not just Cube.

Over the summer, I have noticed a lot of things with MC. Minecraft YouTubers, fellow servers, and overall most of peoples opinions have changed around MC. Even Simon, owner from Hypixel, is starting to feel a change in MC. According to a tweet he composed, he's also being frustrated at the fact that people are changing (by that I mean hacking and toxicity). There's simply not a healthy community in Minecraft anymore. Truth. Gamerboy80 has recently made a video (Retiring the win streak) on this topic. In addition to that Many many YouTubers are quitting for other games like Fortnite or PUBG. Sure a ton on new players are playing Minecraft every single day but lets look at the hard earned facts here. More people are leaving as there are people joining. You can really see this on servers. Lets take a look at the most popular server to date, Hypixel. Even they are starting to dip in player counts. This is reality. Games will not last forever. We need to accept that. Even though MC is not completely dead, its starting to lose its life.
Completely agree on the fact that Minecraft's community is dying and not the best anymore.

Because of this issue, I'm sure not many DEVs out there in the world as of the moment are playing MC, keeping up with MC, and or even interested in MC. Some of them might not even be interested in MC at all. This leads me back to 'taking risks' part. Ye sure you can hire a DEV, and chances most likely, they'll have very limited knowledge on MC or not like MC that much at all. People that don't like what they're doing will eventually end up quitting before you know it.

I'm just going to copy paste what I told you in DM: "Of course if Cube wants to stick around though, even if MC is dying, they might make the effort to find devs but yes, what you said is true that not many are that interested anymore."

It will be challenging to find the developers as there are definitely not as many around as there used to be who were interested. But it's still true that if Cube wants to progress and stick around until the finishing stages of this game (Hypixel has dropped in player count, yet still owns a huge number of the Minecraft community), they will make the effort and try to gain the remainder of what is left in terms of players. I think that's what they want to do as a server and it is likely their objective. If this is right, then they will make the effort to try and accomplish some of these things. Lack of developers is of course true though, and might be a factor affecting these issues.

I feel like there should be a somewhat stricter way to recruit new people and at least some type of requirement once you're staff (this is to ensure increased activity). I know from other servers (SkyCade, Hypixel) that as a staff you have to be online for at least a certain amount of hours per week/day. Although I do appreciate the lenience with time management from Cube, I still think it should be a bit stricter. From what I can remember, when I was a helper for CubeCraft (this was during the MAC times so idk if 2018 version helper is different) things weren't as clear. Sure reading the guidelines and rules and stuff help but in my opinion actually having some sort of mentor that's actually showing you what to do would be much better. I can see some flaws in this already (not having enough mentors to go around, mentors might be busy with irl stuff, hassle to get mentor on, etc) but in my eyes, it quality over quantity.
Good idea. There are quite a few improvements that could be made in terms of staff recruitment, and it's something they could look into. I like this idea purely because it makes sure you have mostly active staff members. @HackersDontWin recently conducted a small research too look at the activity of moderators, some of which who had not been active in a long time. Of course, as of now, it may seem that they are active but let me tell you that there were quite a few inactive moderators....

In the end, to sum things up, I don't this this blame should all go towards CubeCraft. Most of this has to do with the activity from Minecraft, and in general the Minecraft Community altogether. Though I think CubeCraft should change some things to there system, I don't think we all need to point fingers here and blame it all on them.

Links to all the stuff I mentioned in the response:

Gamerboy80 Vid - Link (go to 5:25 if you really don't care about anything else he has to say)
Simon's Tweet - Link Link2
Minecraft v. Fortnite Community - Link
Target3DGaming Vid - Link

Hello! If you clicked on this, that probably means you want to know more about the whole community issue. If you go on google trends right now and compare Fortnite to MC, you can see that somewhere during the start of 2018, there was a huge drop in Minecraft. Now you might be saying that it's google trends and it basically only counts people who searched minecraft on google and since minecraft is old and most people know what it is, they dont need to search it hence why its lower than Fortnite you are somewhat right. Google trends, gives us the jist of whats going on. If you look at other peoples opinions and all the Minecraft YouTubers, you can truly see the starting downfall of Minecraft. There's this small YouTuber Target3DGaming and he did a good job of describing how 'content is harder to make on MC as it's practically stale.'
Sentinel. Cubecraft's anticheat. If you ask me what I thought about Sentinel, I would say its decent. I wouldn't say it's good (as no anticheat can catch 100% of hackers) and not the worst one either (Gwen aka MAC(No, it doesn't mean Mac the old admin, it stands for Mineplex Anti Cheat.) xTurtle tried countless to hack again on CubeCraft after he got board with Fortnite and truth be told he couldn't. In fact, he even said CubeCraft made an improvement to their anticheat since he last played. He was so awestruck that he even raged hacking on CubeCraft (for a while). So, for everyone here saying to just deactivate the anticheat, please watch what you're saying. No anticheat is perfect. You might be falsebanned and a hacker clearly hacking might not be banned. But, just because that happens doesn't mean it's trash.

Thank you for reading this. :)

Cube is not entirely to blame, however as you said, there are still quite a few things they could work on.

Thanks for the response! :D

Reactions: Orangeric88
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🎂🎉
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #50-
It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
The scientific term for brain freeze is “sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia.”
An estimated 50% of all gold ever mined on Earth came from a single plateau in South Africa: Witwatersrand.
The Grand Canyon is 900 times deeper than an Olympic swimming pool.
Upto 128 Strongholds can spawn in one Minecraft world (java).
Reesle wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy Birthday Luca! 🎉
Reesle wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥧✨
Happy Birthday @Camezonda ! Hope you have a great day :D 🎂🎉
Top Bottom