Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

guardd

Forum Expert
Dec 14, 2014
Somewhere in Hungary
I do like the new Update . It`s the Update I waited for very long time and now it`s here and I love it!
But I still have some Bugs at SkyWars
-> Can´t connect do the Server I click and click but nothing happens...
-> Some Servers/Maps still have the Disconnected Error something with a Proxy...

Survival Games
-> Proxy Error
-> Maps not loading...

Paintball
-> People not recieving the snowballs or losing them after 5minutes.

Guardi4n

LauraMoneybags

Sep 15, 2014
We've already noted that. Its in early stages in terms of bugs and functionality. But then again, how can you test with 1000+ people if not live? (I doubt that many people would even put the effort into connecting to a different server, knowing the laziness. Plus we would need to buy so much more hardware to do it, which at the moment we don't really want to.)

You only want the non "lazy" people to join, as you will get more useful feedback. There must have been an existing test server at a different IP that the staff already had running. This was shown in the video John ran of him and Luke on the launch day. I would have opened this donators a couple of weeks prior and announced it on the forums. Only a few people would have tried it out, but a lot of the bugs weren't to do with server load anyway. Certainly a (few) dozen more people testing would have helped. Could have sold "early access" as a perk of donating to boot.

OP kits are extremely expensive. Regardless, you're not the only one pointing that out, we noticed users want a more balanced gameplay, we'll work on figuring that out.

I could get 3 off the bat, more if I hadn't burned points out of boredom a couple of months ago. Particular the diamond sword and ender pearl are too strong. The ridiculously expensive (1e7?) points kit is pointless though, only someone who could add points by the command line could get it. Fair enough if you plan to change it, however.

Got any better suggestions then?

Yes, as I said, K/D (Kills/Deaths) and W/D (Wins/Deaths). People only appear on any "leader board" when Wins+Deaths>100, to allow sufficient statistics.

A fairer measure than W/D would be sum_over_i(win_i*players_in_game_i) /sum_over_j(death_j*players_in_game_j). This adjusts for people trying to game their scores by playing only 2 player matches. It isn't as simple to implement unless players_in_game is already recorded, however, so K/D & W/D are good starts.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
To the people who are complaining about losing the kits they worked for, I'd just like to say that you played videogames to earn them. You weren't chopping lumber, working in food service, repairing plumbing, paving roads, or fighting wars for those points. You played videogames. Playing videogames is fun, not work. If you feel you "worked" hard to earn those kits, then there's a problem.

Playing games, farming/mining in Skyblock/Factions, and parkouring for points should be an enjoyable experience. If you're only playing a game to get points for a kit, you're missing the point entirely of a game. You're here to have fun, own some noobs, watch flying pigs explode, and generally have a good time. If all that matters to you is points and kits and winning, I feel very sorry for you.

That said, all points have been refunded and you can simply re-purchase your old kits for most games. I'm quite happy with how the points were handled; I'd be upset if all the kits were deleted and I simply lost them all. Half the reason the kits were deleted was for balance in my opinion. The only logical kits to choose on Skywars were swordsman, tank, and archer. All the other kits just kinda sucked. Frankly, I'm glad they're gone and I'm glad we have room for better, more dynamic and more interesting kits. #FlyingPigInSkywarsPlease

batao2001

Dec 14, 2014
Hello!
I came here just to say what i think about the update. Positive-The lobby is really good with the floating stats.
Negative- when i click to enter a gmae it takes like 10 seconds to join so i can only play on biomes and when i can join a game it disconnects me from the server and on the old version when i clicked on a sign it took me to the game in an instant.
I would like to know what you have to say about this problem and good luck fixing it!
P.S- do it quick because your server has the only good SW, thank you!

SanderD8

Dec 14, 2014
Well i like 2.0 very good and before that it was so laggy that i could not play!

Trickmaster

Dedicated Member
May 23, 2014
Potato Heaven
WHen I logged in, I had 10000points...they dont need more points
Have you SEEN the cost of kits? I heard that a kit, "Unforgivable" has 1,000,000... Good luck earning 100 x you current points... I'm pretty sure people would be happy if they got let's say 50,000 points, which is a lot, but nowhere near 1 million

Trickmaster

Dedicated Member
May 23, 2014
Potato Heaven
Have you SEEN the cost of kits? I heard that a kit, "Unforgivable" has 1,000,000... Good luck earning 100 x you current points... I'm pretty sure people would be happy if they got let's say 50,000 points, which is a lot, but nowhere near 1 million
Never mind, I just the actual kit prices :0 I think like 1200 points would be fairer.

vicky150435

Nov 3, 2014
I like it a lot but I think that if they didn't changed the kits it would be better because it was really cool not to play with a guy that had an enderpearl and do not move in all (skywars) game.
Some people should shout up because if they had a server like cubecraft (<3) they wouldn't pay atenttion like the staff, so...

LaserDolphin77

Dedicated Member
Oct 20, 2013
The only logical kits to choose on Skywars were swordsman, tank, and archer. All the other kits just kinda sucked. Frankly, I'm glad they're gone and I'm glad we have room for better, more dynamic and more interesting kits. #FlyingPigInSkywarsPlease
The bomber kit is a fun kit xD. And yes. Please have a flying pig in skywars <3

gewoongerwin

Dec 14, 2014
You guys really did a great job when updating but i have to say that there still are many problems left, especially for skywars, because when joining a server i get disconnected for Cubecraft a lot of times so pleasy, work on that! :)

BAD-MON

Jun 6, 2014
Idk
I personally think this update was a great choice made. Before complaining about the little things, such as kits, look at the great things that have been added just for our enjoyment (Yes OUR enjoyment). It would take me a while to list everything that has been added and/or improved. I understand it is a big change, but give it a chance. Once all the bugs and errors are removed (The main reason people dislike the update, even though they will be removed/fixed soon), The server should run as smoothly as ever.
Point being, look at the positives and have patience for the future to come.

Simbaaa

Dedicated Member
Jul 11, 2014
USA
There's still some bugs in SW like when you join a map, you spawn in a random cave, or there's half a village in your map and stuff like that.

stanneman2002

Dec 15, 2014
I found a bug in SkyWars
if you kill someone you get 3 points
if someone killed someone else you get 1 point (also appears in the chat)
but if I'm going to look at my points are only points of when I killed someone, hopefully I could help and get it resolved quickly;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom