Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
This is mainly a suggestion for @Zed

With CubeCraft introducing new members of the team from NukkitX, Geyser, and DragonProxy, does that mean there is potential that we will see the ability to connect to Cubecraft Java through Bedrock Edition in the future? If this is so, it would be great to see the ability for all the Java server games to be ported over to allow Bedrock player support. Hopefully Microsoft would allow a partnered server to do something like this.

(Please move this topic to the correct discussion thread if needed)

DiscordPTB_rd13FupiVf.png

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
Don't think that's possible
Believe it or not, a Minecraft server on Bedrock called BrokenLens actually supports cross-client play. I only just found this out myself the other day. I'm sure this is something that CubeCraft might have noticed as well, otherwise, they wouldn't have been joining up with Geyser or DragonProxy developers.

Geyser:
Enable clients from Minecraft Bedrock Edition to join your Minecraft Java server.

DragonProxy:
A proxy to allow Minecraft: Bedrock clients to connect to Minecraft: Java Edition servers.

Reactions: DrHam and Axyy

AlperenKuru

Feb 18, 2017
My house
I think there are plenty of ways this can be beneficial or harmful. If I am understanding this correctly, it would mean keyboard and mouse players playing with mobile and or controller players, which is no way fair at all. A benefit would be that the server moderation would ‘increase’, one because moderators will be able to moderate both platforms and second because i’m assuming Sentinel would be updated together on both platforms (once they have a set anti-cheat dev). Like I said, the harm would be the unfairness of controllers vs keyboard and mouse vs mobile.

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
I think there are plenty of ways this can be beneficial or harmful. If I am understanding this correctly, it would mean keyboard and mouse players playing with mobile and or controller players, which is no way fair at all. A benefit would be that the server moderation would ‘increase’, one because moderators will be able to moderate both platforms and second because i’m assuming Sentinel would be updated together on both platforms (once they have a set anti-cheat dev). Like I said, the harm would be the unfairness of controllers vs keyboard and mouse vs mobile.
That is correct, although this is a system that already exists on Bedrock Edition with Windows 10 Edition players. Keyboard and mouse Vs Mobile is something has been taking place for a while since Bedrock allowed Windows 10 Edition to play partnered servers and more.

Reactions: DrHam

_EliteDevil

Mar 21, 2020
I don't think this would be fair for the bedrock players, playing with keyboard and mouse is way easier than playing with controller or mobile.

Reactions: AlperenKuru

Lime

Dedicated Member
Nov 17, 2015
It looks interesting at first, but if you think about it a little bit longer, you might realize that it isn’t that good of an idea. Because how would the connection between Java and Bedrock effect both platforms? Will we be playing 1.8 type of PvP again? And what about the Marketplace on Bedrock and the ranks on Java? Will we still keep them if both platforms were connected?
Currently, the amount of keyboard and mouse users on Bedrock is, as far as I know, still low. Connecting both platforms will make it highly unfair for those who play on their phones and with controllers. For these reasons, I think Bedrock and Java should stay separated.

Last edited:

Dhafra

Mar 13, 2020
Hey,
I do not agree with this idea because most of bedrock players are mobile and most of them are not that good, so it will be unfair for them to just invite the JAVA players who play on PC just to sweat on Mobile players, it would make Cubecraft more hated on the Mobile Community

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
And what about the Marketplace on Bedrock and the ranks on Java? Will we still keep them if both platforms were connected?
What makes you think otherwise?
Will we be playing 1.8 type of PvP again?
there’s a 1.8 version of the network...
Hey,
I do not agree with this idea because most of bedrock players are mobile and most of them are not that good, so it will be unfair for them to just invite the JAVA players who play on PC just to sweat on Mobile players, it would make Cubecraft more hated on the Mobile Community
Again, it already happens with the Windows 10 edition

Zed

Zedmin / Managing Director
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 11, 2015
Radcliffe, Manchester
twitter.com
Hey - although in theory it's possible - for compliance and safety reasons we keep those authenticated with Xbox Live completely segregated and we can't change that.

DevAwsome1

Novice Member
Mar 19, 2020
Site:15
This is would be completely unfair for xbox live players. First, java cubecraft and bedrock cubecraft are so much different. Java kids can use keyboards while bedrock kids are kinda stuck with controllers. I understand you can play bedrock on pc, but bedrock kids would get mega combo'd.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

The Forums was super glitched out earlier xD
img_5358-png.230114

IMG_5359.png

img_5360-png.230116

A simple refresh and then everything was back to normal :)
Eli wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!!!
Tripleee wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!
Reesle wrote on Mimoune xb's profile.
Hey, it’s been a while! How are you doing? :)
Top Bottom