Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
Hi!

So I'd like to discuss with you guys about Cricket! If you know about that sport, follow it with great interest or anything related to it can go here.

I'll start by explaining what cricket basically is for those of you who don't know, and later I'll post my opinions about the game, it's players etc.

Cricket is a sport. It is a bat and ball (commonly also known as strike and field) game, and a team sport, consisting of 11 players on both sides and a 12th man to bring on drinks and substitute in case of injuries. Cricket first began in the early 16th century in England. Since then there has been a lot of evolution in the game. The way the game works, the runs scored, many rules have been modified to fit into the modern game.

There are 3 main formats in this game. 2 limited over formats, ODI and T20, and then one without a limit of overs but a limit of days, Test Cricket. ODI consists of 50 overs per innings, T20 consists of 20 overs per innings and Test Cricket continues for a maximum of 5 days, however it may end earlier if a team manages to win before the 5 days. In a test match, they don’t actually play 120 hours continuously, the play usually is of 6-7 hours in a day, with the aim of completing 90 overs (540 balls) with intervals in play for lunch, tea and drinks.

The basic aim of the game is to score more runs than your opposition. There are always 2 batsmen batting at once, one runner (non striker) and one batsmen currently facing (strike batsmen). To score runs, you hit the ball and run between two wickets which is a distance of 22 yards. When you run, you are changing the batsman on strike which means now the other batsmen will face the bowler only if you have taken an odd number of runs.

The way to calculate how much the fielding or bowling team has bowled is by the system of overs. One over consists of 6 balls, bowled by a single bowler. 1 bowler cannot bowl 2 overs consecutively. However, 6 balls can change in case of illegal deliveries such as no balls, wide balls, dead balls.

During the duration of a game, one team bats and the other fields. The way to switch what your team is doing (batting or bowling) are by having one team lose all of their wickets (10), having the team batting declare, which basically means they have batted for as long as they would have liked and have managed the amount of runs they believe is needed to win, and are passing it onto the next team, or by the batting team finishing their quota of overs. Then, depending on the format, the opponent has to try and get at least 1 more than the amount of runs made by the team batting first to win the game (only applies for limited over games).

However, the team that batted first, will try to defend this target and if the team batting second was unable to achieve the target in the given quota of overs, they would have lost the game.

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
And I wouldn't recommend any of you trying to test my knowledge about the game, it's what I do other than Minecraft and forums :P....You don't know how many hours I have spent learning about every single aspect of the game I can.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy Birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Migratie's profile.
Happy Birthday
UncleSpect wrote on Migratie's profile.
Happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on Dutch_Frietjes's profile.
Jerry??
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy birthday
Top Bottom