Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see a CPS cap on Bedrock/Java?

• Yes (Java)

Votes: 37 23.0%
  • Yes (Bedrock)

Votes: 106 65.8%
  • No (Java)

Votes: 42 26.1%
  • No (Bedrock)

Votes: 47 29.2%

• Total voters

Patsman

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Jan 3, 2021
United States
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
The current version of the cap/limiter we have does not ban or kick a player, regardless if they are hitting a consistent cps limit. Though my concern with 20-25cps is that mobile players will have a much more difficult time playing against PC players, similar to how things are currently. As a Bedrock community, for the most part, you want to keep a balance between platforms as best as you can, so lowering it is actually better, in my opinion.
I agree, but since double clicking is a feature in almost every gaming mouse, regardless if someone is double-clicking 5 cps or 20 cps, it's still going to have that advantage over mobile users. Having a low cps limit like 10-15 cps could hold potentially disastrous results, such as in jitter/butterfly clickers getting kicked or punished for clicking their usual amount. And the double-clickers who time their hits stay safe, even with that unfair advantage. I think something that detects double clicking would be a better alternative rather than a low cps limit. If that is even possible.
Maybe meet in the middle, then? Could probably get away with 17 or 18.
Zeqa has a cps limit of 17-18, and I believe that is a good number, for now.

SoulMC

May 1, 2021
Canada
Pronouns
He/Him
In my opinion the CPS cap should be 16. No human should ever be able to go over this limit without double clicking or lagging. This will make a lot of the scrim community mad (Which most of them are hacking by the double clicking standards right now so it doesnt really matter) but as long as doubling is bannable 16 cps should be the max someone can consistently click without having a modification. Though there should be something that says "Your clicking way too much" just in case someone accidentally leaves double clicking on from another server. This will allow many scrim rules to actually be enforced (as a lot of people have said that doubling should be banned) and will allow lots of hackers to be stopped dead at least from a CPS standpoint. 100% good idea just make the cps cap 1 higher :D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Yes some people can click 17 but that is usually on a point that they are still sometimes doubling. Technically you can still double on 20ms its just harder, but some people have found ways to get that amount of cps. I still think it should 100% be 16 and everyone who clicks more just up de-bounce or get a double click prevent tool (I dont think it counts as a modification if it makes you click LESS it should be allowed)

WiggedWigg

Aug 2, 2021
België
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
In my opinion the CPS cap should be 16. No human should ever be able to go over this limit without double clicking or lagging. This will make a lot of the scrim community mad (Which most of them are hacking by the double clicking standards right now so it doesnt really matter) but as long as doubling is bannable 16 cps should be the max someone can consistently click without having a modification. Though there should be something that says "Your clicking way too much" just in case someone accidentally leaves double clicking on from another server. This will allow many scrim rules to actually be enforced (as a lot of people have said that doubling should be banned) and will allow lots of hackers to be stopped dead at least from a CPS standpoint. 100% good idea just make the cps cap 1 higher :D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Yes some people can click 17 but that is usually on a point that they are still sometimes doubling. Technically you can still double on 20ms its just harder, but some people have found ways to get that amount of cps. I still think it should 100% be 16 and everyone who clicks more just up de-bounce or get a double click prevent tool (I dont think it counts as a modification if it makes you click LESS it should be allowed)
True people arent gonna get bad in pvp if their cps goes from 17 to 16.

Reactions: TottoOP and Wigaar

gamer8314

Jul 24, 2022
Do not even think about trying to do this without an anticheat developer. A cps capper isn't as simple as checking if a players cps is greater than a certain value. a lot of people will get false banned because you need to account for a lot of other things such as lag, clicking patterns, and other shenanigans that might be coming from the player. And besides, autoclickers and double clicking don't even give you a very big advantage against everyone because you can only hit a player every 0.5 seconds, and it would only be a big advantage if you are fighting multiple people. It's even more useless on java because of the cooldown pvp mechanics and would only give you an advantage if you are building or throwing something. But hey, atleast you asked this the community this time unlike the disastrous java update that's coming in a month or two.

Reactions: TottoOP

Cube Nerd

Jun 18, 2021
I think 15 is a good number, it would effect my clicking, and change they way it is used in pvp, it would make it more about aim than clicking as fast as possible

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
The current version of the cap/limiter we have does not ban or kick a player, regardless if they are hitting a consistent cps limit. Though my concern with 20-25cps is that mobile players will have a much more difficult time playing against PC players, similar to how things are currently. As a Bedrock community, for the most part, you want to keep a balance between platforms as best as you can, so lowering it is actually better, in my opinion.
I don’t want to have my CPS penalized because PBMM doesn’t work 100% of the time. I would’ve agreed to have ~15 back when PBMM wasn’t a thing, but now it is, and I don’t want to have a handicap in place because “the PBMM doesn’t work on dead hours”…

Perhaps there could be a way to have the cap higher (18-20) when the majority of players in the game are M&K?

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
Quick question here, let's say the cap is decided to be 18. Will it warn/ban people who are getting 20cps, or will it basically translate 20cps to 18? I've seen some pvp servers implementing the latter, for example if you click 25cps it will take away 7 and you will actually be clicking 18.

TottoOP

Novice Member
Mar 26, 2021
Japan
Quick question here, let's say the cap is decided to be 18. Will it warn/ban people who are getting 20cps, or will it basically translate 20cps to 18? I've seen some pvp servers implementing the latter, for example if you click 25cps it will take away 7 and you will actually be clicking 18.
I recommended that all player CPS do not reflect more than 12.

Clovate

Aug 11, 2022
www.youtube.com
BEDROCK Opinion
I think a CPS cap would benefit both versions, especially Bedrock. With the number of players on Bedrock using all sorts of clicking methods, it can make games almost impossible for those on console devices or mobile phones. Having some CPS limits will help to make games more balanced and ensure that someone on the console equally has the chance of a fair fight with someone on their PC.

The FFA community might not take this lightly since they prefer to combo people into oblivion... however, it also means people can fight back and no longer worry about running away from a fight. If someone discovers the limit we set, it will still be easy for us to determine if they are using an auto-clicker set at the CPS limit because we have moderation tools and Sentinel. We would be able to punish them fast and efficiently.

In terms of CPS limits, if this was to go ahead, I think a standard of 15cps would be more in the fair range, as you usually get around 13-14 when butterfly/jitter-clicking (not including double-clicking or drag), and it makes things much fairer for those on mobile or console devices. My point of view is specifically about Bedrock since that is the leading platform I play on.

On another note: Hit sounds making a return is also something highly suggested by the community, and I think we should re-introduce them to help the community better when it comes to reporting players.

JAVA Opinion:
If I were to talk about Java, I don't have much experience with Java 1.19 PvP. But there is already a cooldown system with 1.19, meaning the only thing that would need to be capped is block placing so that people can't rapidly bridge using drag or double-clicking.
I personally think that 15 cps is too low of a cap, probably making it 20 would lead to less false bans. Also, most of the ffa sweats only use 2 cps so a cps cap wouldn't really make much of a difference compared to a right click cps cap.

TottoOP

Novice Member
Mar 26, 2021
Japan
I agree, but since double clicking is a feature in almost every gaming mouse, regardless if someone is double-clicking 5 cps or 20 cps, it's still going to have that advantage over mobile users. Having a low cps limit like 10-15 cps could hold potentially disastrous results, such as in jitter/butterfly clickers getting kicked or punished for clicking their usual amount. And the double-clickers who time their hits stay safe, even with that unfair advantage. I think something that detects double clicking would be a better alternative rather than a low cps limit. If that is even possible.

• Sad
Reactions: MyUserIsRetired

itsnotbenja

Feb 1, 2022
USA
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello CubeCrafters, today we'd like to start a discussion with the community on the topic of CPS.

We'd like for you to share your honest opinion on the subject whilst understanding the reasoning for its potential existence.

At this time we are discussing the concept of adding a CPS (clicks per second) limiter to both Java & Bedrock, specific variables are easy to customize and up for debate, we've developed it and it seems to work. However, we are having doubts about the approval of you, and the community on such a change as it may heavily impact your gameplay experience.

Effectively this feature would disallow your clicks per second from elevating past a number specified by us within the code.

Tell us your thoughts below on how it may impact not just your experience but others as well and whether you'd like to see it on the network.
for Bedrock it should be 10 - 15 idc about Java its 1.9 pvp anyway

Aug 25, 2021

agree
I like this idea. I hate autoclickers.
same
probably the first one
for Bedrock it should be 10 - 15 idc about Java its 1.9 pvp anyway
I agree with @Patsman that the click per second limit should be 17 because i dont want to get banned for clicking more then 10 cps

RaisinForABrain

Oct 24, 2020
A CPS cap/limiter is a terrible idea for quite a few reasons.

1: No one can agree on what CPS the limit should be

2: Everyone here is suggesting stupid limits for CPS such as 15 and 16 when I'm friends with people who can click 17-18 jitter consistently without any doubles or a broken mouse

3: A 20 CPS limit (Which I see as the most likely number that will be set as the limit) is problematic for a few reasons. It's super easy to get a 17/18ps auto clicker which the anti cheat wont flag for and 20 CPS is too low for players who already click fast and double click. For example, I can click up to 15 CPS no doubles, so why should I be restricted on my ability to double click where someone who clocks 9 without doubles can double click and stay under the CPS limit. You could simply say to "click slower" but it's quite hard to do in PVP considering I've built up all my aim and muscle memory clicking at a speed which is natural to me. The only thing a 20 CPS limit achieves is allows people who naturally click slow to cheat and people who naturally click fast to get punished

4: All the best players and content creators on the server double click in PVP, so banning so will lower the quality of gameplay coming out of your server and make the server less appealing to new players and aspiring content creators

5: Too much server lag on cube so the CPS will stack like it does on zeqa and false flag people

6: Forgot to mention this yesterday so I'm editing it in now but there isn't a working double click prevention software that anyone can use (At least not anything open to the public). Sure, there is DC prevent, but DC prevent doesn't cancel out double clicks, it makes a 55ms delay after you click where you can't register another click until the 55ms is over. This means that using DC prevent, you can only achieve 18 CPS no matter what you do. This doesn't sound too bad because no one really hits 18 CPS right? Well it's true, but DC prevent ends up cancelling real physical inputs, not just double clicks. Someone is going to ask how I know this for a fact so I'll explain now to save myself time later. So butterfly clicking or burst butterfly clicking is a method where you alternate your index finger and middle finger to hit your left or right mouse button to accelerate the rate of clicks being registered. When someone butterflies, there is usually a smaller gap between when your first and second finger hits than there is when you finish the butterfly motion, raise your fingers up to butterfly again and then hit your first finger. Due to the clicks being closer together in this clicking method than that of jitter clicking at the same speed, DC prevent cancels these clicks out. I can click 15 CPS without doubles on a mouse and when I butterfly on DC prevent, my clicks can get cancelled out as low as 7 (Although usually my CPS will stay in the 9-11 range). If I have my index finger on my left click and middle finger on my right click however and complete a butterfly motion so my index and middle fingers hit their respected button, I achieve an average of 6-7 on each side easily (Which adds up to 12-14 CPS combined). DC prevent and other softwares are either not available for everyone or don't work which means that people will have to buy new mices or they can not play cubecraft. Pay to play is a lot worse than pay to win.

Please do not add a CPS cap/limiter. It is stupid and there are no ways around double clicking for a lot of people. Some mice like my own do not have a working debounce time and double click prevention softwares are absolutely terrible.

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
Top Bottom