Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this be implemented to the server?

• Yes!

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No... why?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only kits (or some, explain)

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Only game modes (or some, explain)

• Only time cycle

• Only Achievements (Or some, explain)

• Only modifiers (Or some, explain)

• Only trap blocks (Or some, explain)

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
  • Currently, Block Wars is almost dead, and that's very sad as it was a quite popular game before, with a great community. So, I've taken the best suggestions that have been made about Block Wars (In my opinion) and maybe adding some would revive this game.
Kits:
  • Infiltrator: (Credit: @MrGrumpyCheese) Leather chestplate and leggings, wooden sword and pickaxe, 3 chorus fruit. It would be represented on the store by a chorus fruit and it would cost 900 points.
TfHfYRh.png

The whole idea of this kit is to walk up to a wall and eat a chorus fruit for a chance to be teleported onto the other side. A chorus fruits teleports players +/- 8 blocks in each of the 3 axis, so its range isn't unfairly large (nor is it so small that the player can accurately predict where they're most likely to end up).
  • Viking: Leather chestplate, wooden pickaxe and a stone axe. It would be represented on the kit menu by a stone axe, and it would cost 1000 points.
dgMPjI0.png

• Knight: Chain helmet and boots, shield, bow (3 arrows) and an iron sword. It would be represented on the kit menu by a shield and it would cost 900 points.
rHxqNDQ.png

• Pyromaniac: Infinite fire resistance, orange leather helmet and boots (fire protection 2) and blaze wand (fire aspect 2). It would be represented on the kit menu by an enchanted blaze rod, it would cost 900 points.
on2EGEe.png

• Speed kit suggestion: (Credit: @Unicornn) The speed kit should get nerfed, when it takes the flag all of its speed is removed. Because, currently, when a runner takes the flag, they still have speed I (which is still faster than all of the other kits), making it impossible to chase them.
  • Tank kit suggestion: (Credit: @carrometeoro) Currently, the tank kit is not very useful, as it doesn't have a weapon (only a pickaxe), it is pretty easy to kill. Therefore it should be improved, by giving it a shield.
In my opinion the tank kit should be used to start fights and cover your companions, something like a human wall .
Modifiers:
(Credit: @jollow250)
Health Modifier: All players receive an extra 5 hearts.
More Trap Blocks: Players receive 2 trap blocks instead of one in the build phase.
No Trap Blocks: Players receive 0 trap blocks in the build phase.

Power-ups:
Regeneration: The whole team receives regeneration 1 for 5 seconds.
Absorption: The whole team receives two extra hearts for 10 seconds.
Slowness: The enemy team receives slowness 1 for 8 seconds.
Blindness: The enemy team receives blindness for 5 seconds.

Gamemodes:
Chaos mode: I already suggested it in the past, and still believe it is a good idea. Basically chaos mode would be able to be voted for on the lobby by Diamond+ players, when it is selected, the game goes through 2-3 phases. When chaos mode is selected, there are also modifiers.
  • Phase #1: Players receive 1 minute of preparation, there are no blocks, in which the team must vote for a core/flag defense mode, there are many types of defense modes a team can choose, here are some.
  1. Explosive: the core summons in TNT around it every 10 seconds that only deals damage to the enemy team.
  2. Potion: The core surrounds itself with lingering potion effects, strength for it's team and poison for the enemy team, the lingering effect lasts 5 seconds and appears again after 10 seconds.
  3. Zeus: Whenever an enemy player gets near, it summons lighting bolt to attack them, it can summon lighting bolts every 4 seconds.
  4. Spawner: summons 2 monsters randomly every 10 seconds (It can only summon: Spiders, Zombies, Skeletons, Creepers, Strays, Hounds and Cave Spiders and it has a 15% chance to summon in a Wither Skeleton) The monsters only attack enemy team players.
  5. Evoker: It requires the total team level to be 100+ (The team level is found out by adding all of the player's levels), it summons evoker fangs beneath and around an enemy player when they get near, it has a 0.5 seconds cooldown.
  6. Spider: It requires the total team level to be 150+, it summons 3 cave spiders every 10 seconds and places cobweb beneath enemy players, it has a 5 second cooldown.
  7. Guardian: Shoots guardian beams to enemy players every 5 seconds.
  • Phase #2: In this phase, the fight phase the players must be able to take the enemy flag and capture it or damage the core, but with a twist, on this mode the map suffers different "disasters". During the battle phase, every two minutes there's a different "disaster" that lasts 100 seconds. Here are some of the disasters I have in mind:
  1. Meteor Shower: Fireballs start impacting on different zones of the map.
  2. Thunderstorm: The sky gets gray, lightning bolts start impacting the map.
  3. Bomb: TNT fall from the sky, and appear behind the players every 10 seconds.
  4. Nether Invasion: The map starts getting corrupted from a random place, the normal blocks of the map are then replaced with netherrac, quartz, glowstone, and soul sand. Wither skeletons spawn in, pigmen, blazed and magma cubes, then lava gets spawned on the sky and large fountains of lava appear.

• Phase #3: If by the time phase #2 has ended and no one has managed to capture a flag, overtime begins, the core/flag's defense is deactivated there are no natural disasters, it's just plain normal Block Wars.
Mega Mode: (Credit: @_The13thDoctor_) The would be more players per team, (Maybe 12), or even four teams. Each team has different cores/flags. And the ability to vote for 2 different modifiers.
Trap Blocks:
  • Evoker: When broken it spawns in a vex and summons beneath and around the player the evoker's fangs. It would be represented on the trap block menu by an evoker spawn egg, and it would cost 1500 points.
  • Spider: (Credit: @Cynamooo and @Elivat) When broken, spawns one cave spider that has a 75% chance to poison the player for 3-5 seconds, then place a cobweb beneath the player to trap them. It would be represented on the trap block menu by a cobweb, and it would cost 1000 points.
  • Guardian: (Credit: @Cynamooo and @Elivat) When broken, it makes the flag or core shoot a guardian beam to the whole enemy team (The effect is chosen randomly between: slowness, nausea, and weakness, has a 25% chance to burn, any effect, would only last for 4 seconds) even if the flag is covered, it works. It would be represented on the trap block menu by a guardian spawn egg, and it would cost 900 points.
Time:
Add day cycle to the game, gold+ ranked players can vote for day time.

Quality of Life:
  1. Armour and swords should be unbreakable, it has happened to me many times that my sword breaks, without a sword I can barely do anything so I have to kill myself to get one again.
  2. Decrease or increase the build time according to the amount of blocks. If half blocks mode is selected, the build time should be cut to 1 minute, if normal blocks mode is selected, the build time should be 2 minutes and if double blocks mode is selected, then the build time should be 2 minutes and 1/2.
  3. The game really needs a tutorial, similar to the one on tower defense. I've seen many players asking "How do I play?"
Achievements:
(Credit: @Unicornn)
  • Not my fault: Get one kill on Block Wars.
  • OUPS: Get 10 kills on Block Wars
  • IT WASN'T ME!: Get 100 kills on Block Wars
  • BLOODY DAY: Get 1.000 kills on Block Wars
  • YOU DESERVED THAT: Get 10.000 kills on Block Wars
  • THE MURDER: Get 100.000 kills on Block Wars
  • Noobs: Kill 10 players in one life
  • SONIC: Capture the 3 flags in less than 3 minutes
  • SPARTAN: Capture the 3 flags without dying in half health modifier.
  • FLAG OFF: Die with the flag being 10 blocks away of capture
  • Flag phantom: Capture a flag without breaking any block
  • What's this?: Capture a Flag
  • How funny!: Capture 10 Flags
  • Unstoppable: Get 100 Flags
  • SUPER FLAGGY: Get 1.000 Flags
  • THE FLAG MASTER: Get 10.000 Flags
  • What defense?: Break 50 blocks of the other team in a single game
  • THE SNIPER: Get 3 kills with 3 arrows in one life
  • LOL: Break a Monster Spawner trap block and spawn a sheep
  • This is my bed: Shift above the flag for 5 seconds
  • Sprinting?: Sneak during all the game and win.
Thank you for taking your time and reading this thread, let's hope Block Wars can come back to life.

Last edited:

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
It's sad how block wars is just left alone, with no updates, dying slowly. Just as survival games. The both games had such big communities, in block wars and sg were born many of the biggest clans to ever exist on this server. I guess it's not Cubecraft's fault, they have other priorities, sg and block wars are old ideas. The amount of people that I've met that only play on cubecraft for one of those two games and then left because of it being forgotten, is insane. Those games don't matter anymore, the damage has already been done and I'm afraid that it is irreversible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 352903

I would love to see a BlockWard update, it's pretty dead.. :c
I like your suggestions

Reactions: Eli
Top Bottom