Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Opponent's Checkpoint Revealer?

• Yes, but just a map with the exact location

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Facher

Novice Member
May 6, 2018
I'm a great fan of Competitive Parkour, but there's one thing that's bothering me:

Whenever I'm in a game I'm always wondering: ''how far would my opponent be?'' That's why I came up with this suggestion. I don't think that it should reveal the exact location, but maybe you can make it so that it will show the opponent's time when they made it to the (next) checkpoint, depending on how much checkpoints exist in a specific map.

This will be a great addition in my opinion, because now you can decide: shall I take risk, when my opponent has a big lead?
Or, when he/she is far behind, you can concentrate a bit more and take the time for every jump. In my opinion it will become a more strategic game rather than just trying to reach the finish as fast as possible. (which is still the main target, but now you can coordinate it a bit more)

I'd like to hear your feedback!!

ItsColorful

Novice Member
Aug 19, 2017
To my understanding, you want to know where the opponent is, but, without actually revealing it? It seems a bit confusing, as you mention that your suggestion is to announce how long a player takes to reach the next checkpoint, but that's counter-intuitive.

Could you maybe clarify how it would work without giving away the checkpoint position?

I also don't think to give away opponent's lead should be implemented in general, there are side effects that could be left off. If a player is far behind, and they know that, they will most likely quit without actually trying to finish it.

Facher

Novice Member
May 6, 2018
To my understanding, you want to know where the opponent is, but, without actually revealing it? It seems a bit confusing, as you mention that your suggestion is to announce how long a player takes to reach the next checkpoint, but that's counter-intuitive.

Could you maybe clarify how it would work without giving away the checkpoint position?

I also don't think to give away opponent's lead should be implemented in general, there are side effects that could be left off. If a player is far behind, and they know that, they will most likely quit without actually trying to finish it.
Quitting is never an option...

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
I like this idea, now I just listen and if I hear a firework rocket exploding, I know my opponent got a checkpoint, so making that clear in chat is a good idea

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
On most of the maps, you’re able to see your opponent. Though, I do understand you don’t want to look how your opponent is doing as it’ll be a waste of time.

While I was reading, I came up with an idea. It's really simple. I don't know how many checkpoints the map have, but most of them only got one checkpoint. If your opponent reaches the first checkpoint, this message will appear in chat: Your opponent reached the first checkpoint!
I think that would be great to have.

Facher

Novice Member
May 6, 2018
On most of the maps, you’re able to see your opponent. Though, I do understand you don’t want to look how your opponent is doing as it’ll be a waste of time.

While I was reading, I came up with an idea. It's really simple. I don't know how many checkpoints the map have, but most of them only got one checkpoint. If your opponent reaches the first checkpoint, this message will appear in chat: Your opponent reached the first checkpoint!
I think that would be great to have.
Great idea! Maybe you could suggest it, since it's your idea!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Mr Jii Gamer wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy Birthday
blazingwind47 wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
u seem like a cool person
Top Bottom