Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Hey CubeCrafters!

As mentioned in the Damage Indicators community talk, I want to make these community talks a lot more frequent as it helps us a lot with future development, and helps you get your opinions across about a particular subject.

This community talk will be all about Tower Defence, a game which arguably has one of the most committed playerbases on our network while receiving very little updates in the last three years.
In this call, we want to go through:
  • Why Tower Defence has not received updates over the last three years.
  • What we're planning on doing to solve this.
  • Pose our current ideas for our upcoming update for the gamemode.
  • Try and build on these ideas by coming up with suggestions / linking previous forum suggestions.
This call will be taking place on Friday 2nd October 2020 at 7pm BST in our Discord server. If you haven't already, join here!

I will be updating our public Notion board soon with all of this information & brief bullet points with what I'd love to discuss with you guys. I look forward to seeing you all there!

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
FINALLY, this has taken far too long but at least it's finally here. I do have a few questions however.
1 - Will any of the content from this thread, including the poll be considered or was the entire thing pointless and an empty promise that was never originally intended to be followed up on?
2 - Will this update once again rely on only the Discord and forums like the damage indicators update? Like I said before, the Discord and forums have a fraction of the people compared to the real server, and the people most likely to show up to these events are the most vocal of the community. There absolutely needs to be some kind of wider reach out. I already know that it is possible to do announcement things - they were done for translator applications when they were open - but something like this needs to be done for this update otherwise you're gonna end up with much less support and much less accurate feedback.
3 - If you're only discussing ideas now, does this mean that it's not actually been considered at all since the last update 3+ years ago? Not only does this ask the question once again, why were you asking for ideas if you had no intention, it asks the question where was cube's priorities? I get that 2018-2019 was a hard year, but there were plenty of updates for other games. Almost all other games had 1-3 updates during the 3 long years that tower defence got none. You said that the eggwars update was needed to stop the game going stale. Well tower defence has already gone stale for a lot of people. It lacked content updates for even longer than eggwars all while having huge amounts of quality of life improvements that were basically necessary for the game, despite that you prioritised updating multiple other games that were far far less stale than Tower defence. Why is this?

Reactions: Matriox and Conea64

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
1 - Will any of the content from this thread, including the poll be considered or was the entire thing pointless and an empty promise that was never originally intended to be followed up on?
Yes it will be considered, but it would be a good idea to bring up similar ideas from this thread - we will be going through the thread and update our ideas. :)
2 - Will this update once again rely on only the Discord and forums like the damage indicators update? Like I said before, the Discord and forums have a fraction of the people compared to the real server, and the people most likely to show up to these events are the most vocal of the community. There absolutely needs to be some kind of wider reach out. I already know that it is possible to do announcement things - they were done for translator applications when they were open - but something like this needs to be done for this update otherwise you're gonna end up with much less support and much less accurate feedback.
Partly yes - I do agree that we need a wider reach, but especially since this is a smaller game update, we will be talking with the more avid players as well as considering the new players who will play the game once the game is actually updated. We hope to appeal to both with this update.
3 - If you're only discussing ideas now, does this mean that it's not actually been considered at all since the last update 3+ years ago? Not only does this ask the question once again, why were you asking for ideas if you had no intention, it asks the question where was cube's priorities? I get that 2018-2019 was a hard year, but there were plenty of updates for other games. Almost all other games had 1-3 updates during the 3 long years that tower defence got none. You said that the eggwars update was needed to stop the game going stale. Well tower defence has already gone stale for a lot of people. It lacked content updates for even longer than eggwars all while having huge amounts of quality of life improvements that were basically necessary for the game, despite that you prioritised updating multiple other games that were far far less stale than Tower defence. Why is this?
All of this I hope to answer in the community talk, as I know it's a bit of a touchy subject:
In this call, we want to go through:
  • Why Tower Defence has not received updates over the last three years.

ElementThink

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The Netherlands
Yes!! Its great to see this. These kind of posts/feedback makes this community special and better compared to other servers. Hope to have a better understanding of cubecrafts side on these kind of games on this server.

Reactions: Matriox

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
Great idea! Love to see some community interaction.
Will there be more discussions like this? Because I really would like to see more if this goes well!
It’s a featured game, this is a game with over 100 average that hasn’t been updated in forever and has a lot of problems that need fixing.
I don't see many problems, personally I don't think it needs change. It's a good idea that Cubcraft have pulled off amazingly well, whenever I play it I don't see any issues that need changing.

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
It’s a featured game, this is a game with over 100 average that hasn’t been updated in forever and has a lot of problems that need fixing.
Blockwars is also a game with 100 players average and also hasn't received an update in years. The point I want to make is that for blockwars they already know what to update since bedrock has this. It's kind of sad watching your game be on the bedrock version with cool updates when Java players don't get any updates. Only point I see you have is that it's a featured game but blockwars shouldn't even be a featured game since it's very popular and by far the most popular featured game. Blockwars players just deserve an update since we have been loyal to this game that we can only play like 2x a month

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I don't see many problems, personally I don't think it needs change.
Every game, someone team trolls and people are tired of it. Many people play TD and get frustrated and quit because of misplacing or other problems. Tower Defense becomes repetitive and even though it’s one of my favorite games, at times I have to not play it as games can be the exact same. I understand that the game is fun to play but it needs an update for TD to be at it’s full potential.

Reactions: MeliodasWrath

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
Every game, someone team trolls and people are tired of it. Many people play TD and get frustrated and quit because of misplacing or other problems. Tower Defense becomes repetitive and even though it’s one of my favorite games, at times I have to not play it as games can be the exact same. I understand that the game is fun to play but it needs an update for TD to be at it’s full potential.
I was quoting a post that talked about blockwars for some reason (¬_¬")

Reactions: Technosword

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Will there be more discussions like this? Because I really would like to see more if this goes well!
Absolutely! There's another game that we have in mind that we want to cover in another community talk that's more geared towards the update itself - but we definitely want to do more things covering our server in our community talks. Our server is very multi-faceted and complex, though to members it may seem otherwise. I'd love to know of some things that you are curious about with the server. :D

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
Absolutely! There's another game that we have in mind that we want to cover in another community talk that's more geared towards the update itself - but we definitely want to do more things covering our server in our community talks. Our server is very multi-faceted and complex, though to members it may seem otherwise. I'd love to know of some things that you are curious about with the server. :D
Good stuff just tell me when the block wars community talk is man

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom