Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
This is kind of a shot in the dark, but I think maybe there's a decent idea somewhere in this.

I understand that you don't like to take map suggestions from players, because of high standards and the time required to adapt the maps to them.
But what if there was a separate board for some games, where player submitted maps can be played? Those maps would not always be perfect, and they wouldn't have to be.
For example, there might be 3 signs with randomly chosen player submitted maps on that separate board. After a while, maps that are not played often will get removed while the more popular maps stay. Players should be allowed to update their submitted maps.
Map configuration! Majority of community members will have no idea what map configuration is. In simple terms, a combination of development and specific building methods will allow games to work. Some games have more complex systems than others.
There should be a template for a configuration file for the submitted map.
You would only have to take a quick look at submissions to determine trolls and non working maps.

I don't know wether this would work and if it would look too unprofessional for a serious block game company.
I just think it would be fun to try out new, potentially terrible maps from time to time.

2018-03-08_07.59.59.png

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
This is kind of a shot in the dark, but I think maybe there's a decent idea somewhere in this.

I understand that you don't like to take map suggestions from players, because of high standards and the time required to adapt the maps to them.
But what if there was a separate board for some games, where player submitted maps can be played? Those maps would not always be perfect, and they wouldn't have to be.
For example, there might be 3 signs with randomly chosen player submitted maps on that separate board. After a while, maps that are not played often will get removed while the more popular maps stay. Players should be allowed to update their submitted maps.

There should be a template for a configuration file for the submitted map.
You would only have to take a quick look at submissions to determine trolls and non working maps.

I don't know wether this would work and if it would look too unprofessional for a serious block game company.
I just think it would be fun to try out new, potentially terrible maps from time to time.

View attachment 143282
The last post in this explains all the reasons why we don't accept map submissions.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/we-will-no-longer-be-accepting-map-submissions.183642/page-2

A separate board means adapting a new lobby layout design for the sake of a few community made maps. This will saturate players from the 'main' version of the game, meaning games will take longer to start in unpopular hours. Configuration systems aren't always as simple as placing a sign. I have thought a lot about map submissions and my opinion hasn't changed.

Now I did say in the original post, that I would consider adding map submissions in the future. That is still 100% true, even though this seems quite negative about map submissions as I'm simply listing reasons why I dislike them and their issues. That doesn't mean the system can't be improved, I know plenty of ways it could be and I'd love to see it implemented in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Evaluatiefout wrote on Frontlane's profile.
chipi chipi chapa chapa
Frontlane wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉
New suggestion coming shortly …
I just realized how friendly and non toxic the CubeCraft community is (unlike other communities)! I never felt this recognized in my life. Never had this many wishes! Thank you all again for the wishes!❤️
Never felt the feeling of recognition 😭
Top Bottom