Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
Every week we feature 1-3 maps made by the community, people will be able to vote on how they liked the map.
Most liked maps get kept in the 'community made maps' pool mixed in with newer suggestions.

This allows for a bigger variety of maps, more varying conten and can allow players that don't run a skywars server to have a chance with their maps since you can make awesome maps but not know how to be part of a server.

So far since May 2018 we have added 11 maps in 18 months to the main map cycle:
(Ancient, Pirates, Dust, Lumbermill, Field, Bamboo, Circuit, Pokemon, TNT, Bugs, Tipi)
I think we could have more variety in the maps if we had a system for community made maps.
This hasn't as far as I know been done before on any server in an automated way that would also allow users to "like/unlike" the map at the end of the game.

The community maps would be accessible from the UI and would take a bit more time to fill up and appear than the other maps.
Screenshot_1.png

Once a map is submitted via the interface:
Screenshot_5.png

Designers or builders could go and prepare or dismiss the map / make changes (add symmetry, balance chest locations, cage locations etc.. )

Once ready the map is then added to the community map pool.

This would enable the discovery of new map concepts, have more community interaction and as long as people are enjoying the maps they can stay in rotation until they get replaced by newer maps made by the community.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Wait so does that mean the map submissions in the forums tab will be removed? I don't know about the rest but I'd also like to see the opinions of other players.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
This is a suggestion, not an announcement.
I too am looking for opinions.
It was a question.. Did you have in mind that the submission tab on the forums (like it currently is) would be removed.
I realize it's a suggestion, otherwise you wouldn't post it in the suggestion tab..

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
It was a question.. Did you have in mind that the submission tab on the forums (like it currently is) would be removed.
I realize it's a suggestion, otherwise you wouldn't post it in the suggestion tab..
The current site has a leaderboards section in the games section, I'm suggesting to add a page on that part of the site to enable you to upload your maps.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
The current site has a leaderboards section in the games section, I'm suggesting to add a page on that part of the site to enable you to upload your maps.
I do love the idea. I said earlier that I'd also like to hear the opinions of members, but you could put it in the creation tab, improve the map and then submit it.
Anyway, I agree.

FireExcalibur10

Forum Expert
Jul 3, 2016
Andromeda
I think you nailed it. That would be a great opportunity to test pvp in some maps that are doubtful only via photos. Nice idea lezy :)

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Every week we feature 1-3 maps made by the community, people will be able to vote on how they liked the map.
Most liked maps get kept in the 'community made maps' pool mixed in with newer suggestions.

This allows for a bigger variety of maps, more varying conten and can allow players that don't run a skywars server to have a chance with their maps since you can make awesome maps but not know how to be part of a server.

(Ancient, Pirates, Dust, Lumbermill, Field, Bamboo, Circuit, Pokemon, TNT, Bugs, Tipi)
I think we could have more variety in the maps if we had a system for community made maps.
This hasn't as far as I know been done before on any server in an automated way that would also allow users to "like/unlike" the map at the end of the game.

The community maps would be accessible from the UI and would take a bit more time to fill up and appear than the other maps.View attachment 156577

View attachment 156578
Designers or builders could go and prepare or dismiss the map / make changes (add symmetry, balance chest locations, cage locations etc.. )

This would enable the discovery of new map concepts, have more community interaction and as long as people are enjoying the maps they can stay in rotation until they get replaced by newer maps made by the community.

Absolute no. This takes up way to much of the Lukes (designers) time almost as much as map submissions do. Almost all maps added are declined because there really bad and honestly a designer could make a completely new map faster then trying to fix a dumpster fire. People can easily add trolls and other things that give unfair advantages that are hidden. Or if found will take a while to fix. I prefer map submissions the way it is. -1

Reactions: Priley and Eli

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia

The community maps would be accessible from the UI and would take a bit more time to fill up and appear than the other maps.View attachment 156577

View attachment 156578

Adding up to what @-UE-RocketAce04 said, I don’t think we’re in an urgent need for maps and to me, the map submissions subforum is effective enough as it filters only the best maps out there. I think editing and preparing every single map would consume a lot of time from both builders and developers that can probably be invested in other things.
I do agree with the idea of having votings about maps, and perhaps it should extend to all maps, not only community made ones. It would be nice if there was an open thread about map feedback.
But it’s an original idea, and could work if it’s given the importance it deserves.

Fisktratt

Forum Expert
Sep 15, 2018
Sweden
I don't really like this function. People may just unlike it because they died or something. It’s better to give feedback in a thread. Can you ”vote” every game or just once? Are you allowed to change your ”vote”?

I like the idea though!

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't really like this function. People may just unlike it because they died or something. It’s better to give feedback in a thread. Can you ”vote” every game or just once? Are you allowed to change your ”vote”?

I like the idea though!

As learned in prior experiences never trust people to make the right decision or be mature enough to do so.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom