Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Suggest different kind of layouts, what the islands could be for example if you want an island to be a snow globe. Feel free to suggest anything Christmas related that you think would make an awesome map for EggWars.
Thank you for creating this thread!

1. A huge turkey as middle island with diner plates as the spawn islands.
  2. A huge snow globe as middle island with snowflakes as spawn islands.
  3. A huge table with food as middle island with diner plates as spawn islands.
  4. A huge christmas tree as middle islands with presents as spawn islands.
  5. A huge snowman with snowballs as spawn islands.
I hope you like my ideas! :D :)

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
Solo:
Make a 12 player map themed off of Santa, well the sleigh technically. Have each island be the reindeer flying (one being Rudolph of course) with their harness on and the reins leading to their backs and then have the middle be a sleigh with a bag full of presents and some presents around the ground (or just the sleigh if the presents make it too busy). The ground would be snow of course, with sleigh tracks leading to the sleigh maybe? Generators could be the iron and gold on the back, the diamond and the egg on the individual reins or the egg be on the tail?

Make an 8 player map to coincide with the 12 days of Christmas with the islands containing buckets of milk (the egg floating in the milk) on an island made of dirt that has some milk overflow and have the center be a cow with a Santa hat and a girl wearing an apron (a Christmas tree design) with a stool next to her feet. The gens could be scattered around, not too sure how with this one.

Teams:
(As said on your profile) Have a 3 player per team map that is themed with gingerbread. Basically you would have a gingerbread house as the islands (with the egg as the fire in the fireplace?) with a frosted gingerbread middle platform that has gingerbread men scattered around (the generators could be under them) with icing bags lying on the opposite ends possibly or have various candies lining a road? The player islands would have a gingerbread base, iced with maybe a tree in front to add a touch of spruce to the whole build.

Another would be a 6 player map, 4 islands. It would have a telephone in the center (like one from the year the 12 Days of Christmas song was made, so the 1945 time period for example this) with the receiver off of the base and lying face up on the ground. Then have the individual islands with bird, the nest in the back holding the egg, with spiderwebs as snow and the ground covered in snow. You could add a Santa hat and scarf (color determined by team) around the birds neck, with trees around and a frozen well maybe (song written by Bob Wells so it would fit)? (I was trying to come up with a map for the line "Four Calling Birds").

(Mild puns, hardly noticeable, don't pay them any mind.)

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
Idea for a SOLO map.

This could be sort of the layout I had in mind.
CCBT12.png

MIDDLE
The gold block represents the middle, a Christmas tree. The middle should have a flat and even surface with the tree in the middle.

Red Sand represents huge candy cane roads. These would follow a beautiful candy cane pattern. However, they cannot be without gaps and small breaks in the middle, like this:
CCBT2.png

So that the players would have to build a little bit at least, and not rush at a stretch.

Fences represent some fillers to fill in the gaps between each base, so it doesn't look too empty. These islands could be a bunch of ornaments together.

There is one more thing, that is to add some coloured heads like the detail on the solo map "Nightmare" where the cobweb/glass panes are spread around floating at the top. They would represent Christmas lights!
PLAYER ISLANDS
White Glass Represents the player's base. They should be small bases like snowglobes. The globe should have an Iron generator inside, and outside the globe would be a broken gold generator.

A gap of 50-60 blocks from each island would make it slightly better.

I would edit this after I come back, got to go out for a bit!

Reactions: Efcluke94 and Ayroh
A

A pigeon

Please dont crucify me but ...

1. Rome V2.0
10 player maps , except it historically shows the crucificarion of jesus christ

2. Gingerbread

We need large gingerbread houses , candy canes , some christmas stuff too . Make this THE MOST EPIC MAP EVER. 5 players in a team , a unique layout ; perhaps one like the steampunk solo map . That would be nice

Make it vertically long ; island length should be huge like steakpunk . Have 3 mids like steampunk.

Also make it as huge as teaparty. Instant hit

Reactions: Efcluke94

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
My ideas
Just the names

1. Ice (just like the old one)

2. Snowman (Idk the name.. But This map like we have every year

3. Firework (just every island is a fire arrow, and the middle is a big box with fire arrows. In the air you have firework

4. Presents (just the same like one year ago)

My ideas 3 of them already exist, but I love the maps :3

Reactions: Efcluke94 and remio

Ayroh

When I think of Christmas, I think: Tree, Presents, Candycanes, Wreaths, Stockings, and round Ornaments of assorted colors.

(If that’s of any inspiration)

As for map layout ideas,
I really like what @Jefsweatsgames has proposed. One minor tweak though. I think the white glass should be mini-cornucopia(s) (like in the maps: Construction, Pizza, and Haunted). Then there should be two bases that fight for the mini-cornucopia(s).

If this were a solo map, it’d be 16 teams of 1. As a team based map, I’d like to see it as 2 teams of 16 (32players).
https://gyazo.com/45c46419ae487cf274bac43f992a5ef0

Or, we could just stick to his original plan, but I’d like to see that layout as a 4 man team (32players) as I feel that the 4 man teams aren’t as fun to play on and would hope that this would bring a 4 man map that I’d enjoy.
https://gyazo.com/a3fa2a17a73de428b9eb548d6317efd3

Last edited:

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
A Snowflake map for solo, all the islands are snowflakes while each island is a different shape slightly while the middle is a big snowflake with some winter buildings on it

No other smaller snowflakes though

2 iron gens (both level 1) 1 gold gen (level 1), 1 diamond gen (broken on each island
middle has 12 total gens 3 diamond (2 of them are level 2 and the other is level 1)
5 gold (all level 3)
4 iron (all level 3)

A

A pigeon

A Snowflake map for solo, all the islands are snowflakes while each island is a different shape slightly while the middle is a big snowflake with some winter buildings on it

No other smaller snowflakes though

2 iron gens (both level 1) 1 gold gen (level 1), 1 diamond gen (broken on each island
middle has 12 total gens 3 diamond (2 of them are level 2 and the other is level 1)
5 gold (all level 3)
4 iron (all level 3)
That sounds very ininspired . Snowflajes should be falling actually , not islands . Only 20 player servers have maps like that. We can do something with great splendour!

Reactions: Jef15ist and Ayroh

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Suggest different kind of layouts, what the islands could be for example if you want an island to be a snow globe. Feel free to suggest anything Christmas related that you think would make an awesome map for EggWars.

My opinion Egg Wars is big enough to have like 5 this year. 3 Teams and 2 Solo
Bring Back some old ones (All)

We should have:

Santas Village (Teams of 2) (12 People all together on the map)
Starting on a sleigh?
Run on reindeer and build to the village.
Like the map toys ;)

Arctic (Solo) (12 People all together on the map) (Like with the neon lights in the sky ^-^)
Start on an iceburg and build to a crystal shore.
Like the map(s) Tropical and Mine

Candyland (Teams of 5) (40 People all together on the map)
Start in a Gingerbread House. (Also many other sweets like the candy map in Sky Wars but spread out like Mushrooms from Egg Wars)
Build to a MASSIVE MIDDLE with lots of Christmas Candy on a Table (See Below) And it could be like an Area 51 ;)
------------
|
-------
Like the map Mushrooms

Presents (Solo) (10 Players all together on the map?!)
Make the island on a piece of carpet and a Gift on it with some decorations. And the carpet connects to the bottom to a half mid. And there are 4 other islands to that half mid so it's like this: Middle is the Christmas Tree. Half Mid can be some decorations ^-^

- - - -
- () o () -
- - - -

@Efcluke94

MimicPanda

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Under the sea
www.cubecraft.net
A ginger bread kingdom that has a grand castle as the middle, the islands would be small ginger bread houses or castles.

Santa’s workshop, the middle would be a magical Christmas themed factory where as the outside would just be some regular factories.

Ice palace, this map would be a sort of new map style. The middle would be a palace made of ice or whatever block you see fit. The middle would have bridges connected to each island and is sort of like the city map.

That’s all the ideas I have for now. @Efcluke94

Reactions: remio
A

A pigeon

I've been working on a remake of a classic map with a Christmasy touch, it's coming along pretty nicely. Can't wait for it to be finished and released!
Area 51 + Christmas????????????????

i hope it isnt minions or vegetables

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
So not all the ideas could be used because there was so many, so we used some for other games. Such as the gingerbread luckyislands map, the snow globe map and the xmas party map.

Here was the main inspiration for the build XmasParty. I was very hungry throughout making it lol
illuminated-gingerbread-castle_lg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom