Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
What does everyone love about Christmas? Songs!
What's a fun event that lots of people would enjoy? Karaoke!
Put them together, and you get Christmas Karaoke!This could either take the form of a more formal event run by a staff member at a specific time, or just be a casual channel in the Discord setup so people can just join whenever and sing with each other.
A music bot of some kind, like rythm might work with some moderation, but I feel like people would inevitably use it for random other songs in the channel instead.

Let me know what you think below :)

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
would really give the christmas feeling that we have to miss this year, i love it! right now with corona, we cant come together, but a small event like this could always bring us a little closer :)

Reactions: KitsuneToru

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Alright I know this is a small detail, but as a worldwide server, not everyone celebrates Christmas. Perhaps calling it “Holiday Karaoke” would cause less people to feel left out if they’re not Christian. If you change it, it’s a yes from me!

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Alright I know this is a small detail, but as a worldwide server, not everyone celebrates Christmas. Perhaps calling it “Holiday Karaoke” would cause less people to feel left out if they’re not Christian. If you change it, it’s a yes from me!
You don't need to be Christian to celebrate Christmas. I do not believe in any gods, or go to the church every sunday. Yet I celebrate Christmas with my family, who aren't serious in relegion either. Christmas may be created from a religion. It is not just a religious holiday anymore, but almost anormal holiday.

Also many people that play on the server are from North- and South-America and Europe. All their main relgion is eithrer Christian or Protestant. A fair part of the player base is also from the Middle-East and northen Africa. The main relgion there is Muslim. But in the past CubeCraft has done updates themed around Christmas (as you can see from this screen)
Screenshot_20201106-184521_Samsung Internet.jpg

And this is only from 2019. I bet that all the themed updates in winter from the past are Christmas related. And I have not seen anyone complaining that it is called a Christmas update. And not a Holiday update.

So no, it isn't really a problem that it is calles a Christmas Karaoke, if this was added ofcourse.

What does everyone love about Christmas? Songs!
What's a fun event that lots of people would enjoy? Karaoke!
Put them together, and you get Christmas Karaoke!This could either take the form of a more formal event run by a staff member at a specific time, or just be a casual channel in the Discord setup so people can just join whenever and sing with each other.
A music bot of some kind, like rythm might work with some moderation, but I feel like people would inevitably use it for random other songs in the channel instead.

Let me know what you think below :)
Lol yes it would be fun. And bringing people together in the most wonderfull time of the year. Heheh. To prevent abuse you can maybe make it a nitro booster only perk. Like everything else, staff have a higher role they can also host these events! I hope that the admin team adds this!

Last edited:

Gregeyy

Forum Expert
Jul 21, 2017
Spain
This would be a great way to keep the community entertained on those wonderful days. Definitely a great suggestion! 😍

Reactions: KitsuneToru

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
Really nice idea!
I don't think making this formal with official events would work tbh. Maybe a good idea for some community discord servers to host such events?
While either would work in theory, an external community running unofficial events will absolutely never get anywhere near the same outreach, participation and publicity that an official event would. A small server specific for this would require huge amounts of effort put in over a time period of months to be able to get anywhere near what an official event would get, if it even gets close.

Reactions: Maaarijn
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game
CubeT0ch wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow to I guess.
lyxda wrote on savina875's profile.