Hello, I was playing TD today and had some trouble with the chat filter:
MY POV
2021-06-05_00.20.55.png

2021-06-05_00.20.56.png

2021-06-05_00.22.45.png

MY FRIENDS POV
Stars POV of Chat Filter.png

Stars POV of Chat Filter1.png

this shows the message; "Do you rather xMatriox or matriox180" and "star can u send ss of chat to td cc?" being blocked, i have no clue why exactly. so my first request is for those to be looked into

Going onto some reports i've had to do lately;

Inapropriate language Worl filter.png

this shows "f*ucking" and "f^cking" not being blocked.

Also had to report a lot of people for "kuk"

also "cumcum" or "cumm"

Instead of punishing people lets just not allow them say it? :)

Jun 5, 2021
Hello everone

I have notice that there is two pvp one just teleports you to the other one so why not get rid of the pvp that teleports and replace that with a new game like parkour area etc.

MythicGaymer

Jun 16, 2021
Hi,

One of the sources of complaints over the last few months has been the chat filter. While there are a number of players that would like us to allow all language in parties this isn't something that will be happening. Swearing is not going to be allowed on the network, along with some other offensive/obscene/sexual language, however, I am open to suggestions for words that may be suitable to open up to party chat. I can't promise that every one of these will be changed, ultimately we want to make the playing experience as pain free as possible and having words blocked needlessly is unnecessary. I also want to hear about words which are unintentionally being blocked, this is something that may happen for a number of reasons and won't all be known to us.

If you'd like to help this process please suggest words below which you think should be either unblocked, blocked or party only. I'll then go through them and make the appropriate adjustments.

Note. Please keep chat clean on this thread, forum rules still apply and I'll be editing posts that cross the line to mask inappropriate word suggestions.
I would like for the word "gay" to be unblocked from the filter. It's incredibly disheartening that I can't even say I'm gay in chat because some people use it as an insult.

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
I would like for the word "gay" to be unblocked from the filter. It's incredibly disheartening that I can't even say I'm gay in chat because some people use it as an insult.
This has been addressed in the past. Words such as "Gay", "Jew" or "Muslim" etc, aren't blocked because we don't want them being said on our server. It's because people use these words to verbally attack our players in the chat. These words are used in negative ways more than positive.

It's too difficult to allow them and just block specific sentences, too much to maintain. So sadly we're not going to be removing these words from our filters. Thanks.

MythicGaymer

Jun 16, 2021
This has been addressed in the past. Words such as "Gay", "Jew" or "Muslim" etc, aren't blocked because we don't want them being said on our server. It's because people use these words to verbally attack our players in the chat. These words are used in negative ways more than positive.

It's too difficult to allow them and just block specific sentences, too much to maintain. So sadly we're not going to be removing these words from our filters. Thanks.
Is there a way to make it where you can name skyblock profiles to a phrase with gay in it. While I disagree with the notion that blocking those words does anything to fix any problems at all, seeing as blocking the word gay continues to spread the societal enigma that it is an insult, all I wished to do was rename my skyblock co-op profile to "The Gays" seeing as all the players are gay which I was blocked from doing.

Agian, I think it's a sour practice to try to block something from its core that indirectly harmful to the people it trys to protect, but it seems my opinion on the matter won't change anything, even though I am in an affected group.

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Is there a way to make it where you can name skyblock profiles to a phrase with gay in it. While I disagree with the notion that blocking those words does anything to fix any problems at all, seeing as blocking the word gay continues to spread the societal enigma that it is an insult, all I wished to do was rename my skyblock co-op profile to "The Gays" seeing as all the players are gay which I was blocked from doing.

Agian, I think it's a sour practice to try to block something from its core that indirectly harmful to the people it trys to protect, but it seems my opinion on the matter won't change anything, even though I am in an affected group.
I completely understand; I myself am within that group. Skyblock profile names run through our chat filter, and sadly there's no way to remove these or exempt words at this time. In the future, if profiles become public, allowing specific words can create issues and abuse around this too.

• Agree
Reactions: JokeKaedee
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on yeoxuhang's profile.
Thanks for the follow 🤍
UncleSpect wrote on Shamel's profile.
Happy birthday Shamel! 🎈
Eli
Is it time for SkyWars to retire from Java? :despair: