Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

khco

Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2021
Minecraft
Hello!

Introduction:

So this is pretty simple, all of us know this necroposting alert that comes to 3 weeks+ threads:

1646243078438.png

But, the necroposting rule doesn't apply to news posts, games, introductions, forwarded suggestions, or pinned threads:
1646243088475.png

But what is the problem?

I was on my introduction (6 months ago) and even though it was an introduction, it gave me that alert. It is confusing, especially for new people who will read the rules, and they'd get confused because the alert is there in the exceptional areas. So it should be removed from those places.

1646243384397.png

Thanks for reading!

Please react with your opinion, if you agree, then react with :agree:, if you're unsure or disagree, then react :unsure: - :disagree: and let me know why!

Thanks again, cya next time <3

Last edited:

khco

Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2021
Minecraft
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand whats the suggestion? i dont see a concrete idea
It is about removing the necroposting alerts from the places that don't have the necroposting rule applied (intros, forwarded and pinned threads, etc..)

khco

Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2021
Minecraft
Yess, I read that, but it doesn't feel professional when they keep it, especially when there is a lot of exceptions, for example, if there was only one exception, then it would be okay, a lot of people I've seen are rushed in reading... Just removing it completely is better than keeping it like that -overall- (as well as it is probably pretty easy to remove it especially that it is related to the link, afaik)

Frontlane

the person below me is cute
Team CubeCraft
🙌 Helper
Jul 20, 2017
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey khco, I think they already took the fact that necroposting is allowed on certain threads into account in the warning message. In my opinion, the warning is useful for any "necropostable" thread, even if allowed. As the message says:

"It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so."

IMO this message is also perfectly applicable to threads on which necroposting is allowed.
I feel like the intention of the warning is to discourage any unnecessary necroposting on older threads in general as it's likely that no further discussion is required (even if forwarded/pinned/...). As it says, if you feel like your reply does add something to any of the allowed threads you can do so.
I believe the warning message covers every situation where it appears, which is why I disagree.

khco

Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2021
Minecraft
Hey khco, I think they already took the fact that necroposting is allowed on certain threads into account in the warning message. In my opinion, the warning is useful for any "necropostable" thread, even if allowed. As the message says:

"It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so."

IMO this message is also perfectly applicable to threads on which necroposting is allowed.
I feel like the intention of the warning is to discourage any unnecessary necroposting on older threads in general as it's likely that no further discussion is required (even if forwarded/pinned/...). As it says, if you feel like your reply does add something to any of the allowed threads you can do so.
I believe the warning message covers every situation where it appears, which is why I disagree.
Actually, you're kind of right, and it's your opinion, so I'd keep this suggestion and see if your opinion is more with the majority, thanks a lot for at least explaining why! Have a good time <3

(nvm view message below)

Reactions: Frontlane

khco

Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2021
Minecraft

Oh wait, if you say it is generally better to discourage people from posting on old threads, then why would the rule allow some places? Wouldn't that be bad? Especially that it allows it clearly, not to mention that half of the exceptions are posted from cc itself (news, there might be questions about it, pinned messages, etc..) so why should it discourage people, even though it is allowed? If then, why shouldn't it be allowed at all since you want people to stop posting on old threads (yes I know allowed doesn't mean should, but I am talking generally)

Frontlane

the person below me is cute
Team CubeCraft
🙌 Helper
Jul 20, 2017
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh wait, if you say it is generally better to discourage people from posting on old threads, then why would the rule allow some places? Wouldn't that be bad? Especially that it allows it clearly, not to mention that half of the exceptions are posted from cc itself (news, there might be questions about it, pinned messages, etc..) so why should it discourage people, even though it is allowed? If then, why shouldn't it be allowed at all since you want people to stop posting on old threads (yes I know allowed doesn't mean should, but I am talking generally)
If there are any questions to a "necropostable" thread, anyone is free to post on the thread as it's allowed. The warning message should notify anyone that is about to post on the thread that it's old, just to make sure they don't post unnecessary replies as the thread probably has become a bit irrelevant for it to appear in the "latest posts" section. For example, I think it's useful to alert anyone when posting on very old news posts or a "welcome to the forums" on an old introduction as that would be quite unnecessary (as the warning states). The warning also states that anyone who feels like their reply is needed is allowed to do so, but it just helps to make people aware of the fact that a thread hasn't been replied to for a long time.

Reactions: khco
Members Online

Latest profile posts

BurgerCat13 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday Day 🍳
(too bad cake has eggs in its ingredients)
AnolTongi wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
Hoshi wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday Egg!! 🎉
Reesle wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday 🥚
hey

if you dont find me playing cubecraft often then dont be surprised
obviously this doesnt mean that im quitting im just like drifting away since ive started to enjoy and play games other than minecraft so what im trying to say is
im not going to be as active ingame but i will be on the forumds
Top Bottom