Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
Hello, people on Cubecraft! Today I'd like to suggest a change to the way killfarmers are handled (primarily in Eggwars, as I don't think it is that much of a problem elsewhere).

Currently, killfarming is mentioned in the Trolling rule (which you can see below), but it is only punishable if and only if the kill farmer uses obsidian to block enemy players in their spawn area.
Screenshot_585.png

That, however, is not how killfarming should be handled for the following reasons:

1) Killfarming increases statistics for free, and if one wants to farm kills, they don't have to block the enemy's spawn area with obsidian to achieve that, as collecting all the iron from the iron generators/building around the enemy's villager is more than enough to prevent the players being killfarmed from ever escaping.

2) Of course, being surrounded by obsidian can be very frustrating, but I think that giving someone the feeling they can break out from being killfarmed, while you're just going to keep doing it, is at least as frustrating.

And what I suggest is that killfarming should be punishable if a player is killing an enemy player(s) over and over again, without trying to break their egg, regardless of whether they've blocked out their spawn area with obsidian or not. Killfarming is killfarming, regardless of how it's done, and yet it isn't always punishable. This should change.

Last edited:

lvminary

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2020
Germany
I agree on this. The server GommeHD got two useful rules which CubeCraft also could really benefit from:

1636547774786.png

These two rules would make the game much smoother.

Long story, short;
Spawn killing only up to two minutes, else it's non-tactical and you can get banned -> Trolling
If there is ANY way to win, use it or ban. Dragging out the game for no reason = ban -> Trolling
And if non-tactical spawn killing happens too often -> stats reset + ban

Last edited:

Herausgefunden

Novice Member
Aug 9, 2020
Germany
Hello, people on Cubecraft! Today I'd like to suggest a change to the way killfarmers are handled (primarily in Eggwars, as I don't think it is that much of a problem elsewhere).

Currently, killfarming is mentioned in the Trolling rule (which you can see below), but it is only punishable if and only if the kill farmer uses obsidian to block enemy players in their spawn area.View attachment 203033
That, however, is not how killfarming should be handled for the following reasons:

1) Killfarming increases statistics for free, and if one wants to farm kills, they don't have to block the enemy's spawn area with obsidian to achieve that, as collecting all the iron from the iron generators/building around the enemy's villager is more than enough to prevent the players being killfarmed from ever escaping.

2) Of course, being surrounded by obsidian can be very frustrating, but I think that giving someone the feeling they can break out from being killfarmed, while you're just going to keep doing it, is at least as frustrating.

And what I suggest is that killfarming should be punishable if a player if killing an enemy player(s) over and over again, without trying to break their egg, regardless of whether they've blocked out their spawn area with obsidian or not. Killfarming is killfarming, regardless of how it's done, and yet it isn't always punishable. This should change.
I also agree to your suggestion, however, I also would love to see that maybe after the report was handled the stats from the player gets cleared and set to 0. Even though I rarely play Eggwars, but still, that would make those kind of rule breakers afraid of kill/-winfarming.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Like very cool suggestion and everything and i agree but how will they check if you’re actually killfarming and not preventing ppl from getting away while you’re getting a pickaxe or smth cuz like yeah sometimes ppl try to run away while you’re getting a pickaxe or even running to their egg cuz you have a pick and you don’t want them to cuz you wanna kill them after you got their egg yk

lvminary

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2020
Germany
Like very cool suggestion and everything and i agree but how will they check if you’re actually killfarming and not preventing ppl from getting away while you’re getting a pickaxe or smth cuz like yeah sometimes ppl try to run away while you’re getting a pickaxe or even running to their egg cuz you have a pick and you don’t want them to cuz you wanna kill them after you got their egg yk
You can check that by implementing a rule which disallows spawntrapping/killfarming for over two minutes because in that time there is enough time to destroy their egg.

Vrachtschip

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
You can check that by implementing a rule which disallows spawntrapping/killfarming for over two minutes because in that time there is enough time to destroy their egg.
Not in Eggwars Mega if there are 10 opponents running behind you hitting you with the fist.
And do you mean you arent allowed to kill someone in the first 2 minutes after respawn? Thats insane because they could run to your island in that same time.

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
Because common sense exists; when you attack someone, you're only really gonna need to kill them 3 times at most (once so they can lose their items, a second time so they can lose their kit, and a 3rd time so that you can loot the iron generators). Anything besides that is most likely kill farming, which is what my suggestion is all about.

Vrachtschip

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
Because common sense exists; when you attack someone, you're only really gonna need to kill them 3 times at most (once so they can lose their items, a second time so they can lose their kit, and a 3rd time so that you can loot the iron generators). Anything besides that is most likely kill farming, which is what my suggestion is all about.
But if there are 10 opponents coming to you, you cant destroy the egg? There is a chance you kill someone without armor 4 times, so thats spawnkilling?

lvminary

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2020
Germany
Not in Eggwars Mega if there are 10 opponents running behind you hitting you with the fist.
And do you mean you arent allowed to kill someone in the first 2 minutes after respawn? Thats insane because they could run to your island in that same time.
No, you aren't allowed to constant spawntrap someone for over two minutes because that would be considered non-tactical spawntrapping. Within the spawntrapping of two minutes your mates have the opportunity to break the egg and final kill the opponents them.

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
I also agree to your suggestion, however, I also would love to see that maybe after the report was handled the stats from the player gets cleared and set to 0. Even though I rarely play Eggwars, but still, that would make those kind of rule breakers afraid of kill/-winfarming.
Wtf dude. That’s a way too heavy punishment. I really don’t see why that would be necessary.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
But there can be situations where it’ll take longer than 2 minutes? It’d be weird to punish for everything > 2 mins
Congrats, your "cuz" counter is now 3
and?
Have you never had like ppl that keep spawning and immediately running at you and hitting you? Like you’re not gonna get their egg while they’re hitting you and if you kill one of them the other runs away so by the time you killed the 2nd one the first one has respawned again etc (and that’s only in 2 player maps, gets worse with more players)
Within the spawntrapping of two minutes your mates have the opportunity to break the egg and final kill the opponents them.
Yeah bro good idea let’s punish ppl for their teammates not helping them 👍

• Haha
Reactions: Silco

AlexTheNG

May 28, 2020
OwO's Secret Laboratory
youtu.be

Currently, killfarming is mentioned in the Trolling rule (which you can see below), but it is only punishable if and only if the kill farmer uses obsidian to block enemy players in their spawn area.View attachment 203033

And what I suggest is that killfarming should be punishable if a player is killing an enemy player(s) over and over again, without trying to break their egg, regardless of whether they've blocked out their spawn area with obsidian or not. Killfarming is killfarming, regardless of how it's done, and yet it isn't always punishable. This should change.
do /hub. It's not that hard, stop crying about you getting spawn camped. I also get spawn camped 24/7 on ctf, the bridge and eggwars

• Disagree
Reactions: GiGaGekkies
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom