Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

lvminary

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2020
Germany
But it is the only alternative escape. I mean what are you gonna do? Punch that guy with full prot 4 diamond armor with a diamond sword who has 4 stacks of gapples and a stack of god apple in his inventory for 6 hours?
The alternative will be to make the rules a lot more strict and giving players a punishment for doing that straight. I changed my first post on this thread and for repeating excessive spawn killing you should even get punished with a stats reset.

lvminary

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2020
Germany
Isn't kill farming just late spawn killing?
No. It's the same. But I'm used to completely different and way better conditions on servers than on CubeCraft. CubeCraft made casual gaming this casual that it's not even balanced and enjoyable anymore. I'm not made for casual games.

Wauterrr

Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2016
The Unknown
Because common sense exists; when you attack someone, you're only really gonna need to kill them 3 times at most (once so they can lose their items, a second time so they can lose their kit, and a 3rd time so that you can loot the iron generators). Anything besides that is most likely kill farming, which is what my suggestion is all about.
But what if your teammate is trying to break their egg (he has a eff 2 dia pickaxe and they have 2 layers of obi so it's gonna take a while) and you're killing the respawning people so they can't go to their egg. Would that be considered kill farming too? What if I'm alone on a island with 3 players. I build myself in around their egg. And all they do is buying a pickaxe breaking the blocks around me and start spamming me. Resulting in me killing them a lot trying to get their egg.

I would suggest blocking someone's spawn punishable. If you block them even with clay it takes ages to break with your fist. And by the time you're finally out they will just crit you which is a 2 hit in most occasions. You should always have acces to the shop and generators to try and defend your egg.

lvminary

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2020
Germany
I would suggest blocking someone's spawn punishable. If you block them even with clay it takes ages to break with your fist. And by the time you're finally out they will just crit you which is a 2 hit in most occasions. You should always have acces to the shop and generators to try and defend your egg.
I desperately disagree. That's allowed on all servers and disallowing it on Cube will make the server even more casual which will make the server going to be uncontrollable. Being hardcore casual is CubeCraft's main issue because.
The gameplay on CubeCraft is very slow and not even the 1.9 combat system is the issue. The issue is how stuff is regulated and what features the server got. The abilities and voting options are the perfect example for that and they're completely awful. And I just can't say anything than there has to be a new 1.9 PvP server with minigames which go more into the competitive direction.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
I mean you don’t want them to run away and hide for like 10 mins on mid do you, locking them up is just keeping them there for a while and shouldn’t be punishable on itself imo

guinea_pigcrown5687

Aug 14, 2021
My Guinea pigs' cage EU#12
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello, people on Cubecraft! Today I'd like to suggest a change to the way killfarmers are handled (primarily in Eggwars, as I don't think it is that much of a problem elsewhere).

Currently, killfarming is mentioned in the Trolling rule (which you can see below), but it is only punishable if and only if the kill farmer uses obsidian to block enemy players in their spawn area.View attachment 203033
That, however, is not how killfarming should be handled for the following reasons:

1) Killfarming increases statistics for free, and if one wants to farm kills, they don't have to block the enemy's spawn area with obsidian to achieve that, as collecting all the iron from the iron generators/building around the enemy's villager is more than enough to prevent the players being killfarmed from ever escaping.

2) Of course, being surrounded by obsidian can be very frustrating, but I think that giving someone the feeling they can break out from being killfarmed, while you're just going to keep doing it, is at least as frustrating.

And what I suggest is that killfarming should be punishable if a player is killing an enemy player(s) over and over again, without trying to break their egg, regardless of whether they've blocked out their spawn area with obsidian or not. Killfarming is killfarming, regardless of how it's done, and yet it isn't always punishable. This should change.
Agree, but also add the rule to other games

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
Hai!
We thank you for your feedback and suggestion!
We have taken it into consideration and after discussion within our staff team, we have edited our rules to edit our rule that takes into account kill farming in the way mentioned here. It will continue to fall under Trolling.
The edited rule is as follows (we have bolded the change made):

1.5 - Trolling​

Trolling is defined as intentionally taking an action with the sole purpose of annoying or upsetting others. Trolling is strictly prohibited. Trolling can take many forms, like killing/injuring teammates, breaking crafting tables to steal items from teammates, breaking defenses for no reason in games like Blockwars, spamming a player with friend/party invites, or intentionally misplacing 4 towers or more in Tower Defense.
Trolling can also be used in games like EggWars if players repeatedly kill or obstruct other players immediately after respawning, without any intention of getting their egg.
Using signs to bypass a server mute, building inappropriate things, or being banned for inappropriate skins several times will cause a trolling ban.
Stream sniping a content creator or a staff member an excessive amount of times is also considered Trolling. Only players with the Partner rank can report for stream-sniping. This is because we’ve found cases where the streamer asks their viewers to snipe them, which would be allowed in this scenario.
Punishment track: Warning → 1 day ban → 7 day ban → 30 day ban → Permanent ban

• Love
Reactions: Thunder and iTBD
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Playing EggWars moslty on CubeCraft Java.
Top Bottom