Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
Hi! As of saturday, the old Discord widget on the forums has been replaced with the new Discord widget, except for the new color. (Credits to @Chango for the suggestion)
It's not that important, but it's an easy change so whatever, my suggestion would be to change the background color to #5865F2, following Discord's branding guidelines.

Old WidgetCurrent WidgetHow it should be
1633960635370.png
1633960905978.png
1633960937794.png

KLsz

Novice Member
Jul 29, 2020
I personally disagree with the new colour. It just looks way too saturated compared to its surroundings that I don't think it suitable to be a background colour for a frame here.

And also Discord actually don't have a clear answer to the which purple you should use.
If you just follow that link, go down to the bottom, and download their press kit, you will find the CMYK logo as well as the PMS logo actually have a different shade of purple. I know printing is a totally different thing from showing colours on screen, but it is definitely not a same purple.
Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 16.00.58.png
And then if you happen to have a Discord app, and you look at its logo. And you will find it using yet another shade of purple.
Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 16.01.01.png
So, I guess there are no such thing for Discord as a defined purple for their logo, but instead the people can adapt the colour based on their own usage I guess.

(And also I guess the meaning of them saying „do not recolor” in the branding guideline are refering to this kinds of things xD)
Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 16.21.08.png

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I disagree
I do not think it is necessary to make them change that since it is not something really important
I prefer that they use that time to improve more useful things :)

• Disagree
Reactions: Ferrcho

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
I disagree
I do not think it is necessary to make them change that since it is not something really important
I prefer that they use that time to improve more useful things :)
'That time' doesn't even take up one minute, so I don't think they really could use that time to do other useful things. Apart from that, I also don't think it's necessary as I said, but because it's such an easy change, I thought why not :p

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
'That time' doesn't even take up one minute, so I don't think they really could use that time to do other useful things. Apart from that, I also don't think it's necessary as I said, but because it's such an easy change, I thought why not :p
It probably won't take '1 minute' as you said for changing that and I don't think it's that easy.
It's a very unnecessary change and I don't think it is useful to make them change that when there are many more important things (bugs for example) to do before

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
It probably won't take '1 minute' as you said for changing that and I don't think it's that easy.
It's a very unnecessary change and I don't think it is useful to make them change that when there are many more important things (bugs for example) to do before
I agree that they should focus on bugs, because there are way too many lately. Though it really isn't that hard to change the colour of this widget.

So I agree with this suggestion as the darker colour looks way better imo.

KLsz

Novice Member
Jul 29, 2020
I personally disagree with the new colour. It just looks way too saturated compared to its surroundings that I don't think it suitable to be a background colour for a frame here.
Because this suggestion is going to pass 25 votes, I want to address my reason of saying it way too saturated before that.

If you map those colour in a perceptually uniform space, for example in CIELab, the primary colour of the forum, the blue, has a chroma value of C* = 50, while the secondary colour, the orange, has a chroma value of C* = 57. These are all fine, but when we look at the suggested Discord colour above, it has a chroma value of C* = 76; that is just way too saturated for a frame like this.
For Discord, they want to show an positive and engaging attitude to their users; That's why they choose such a bright colour for their new logo. But as you can see, in case of a paperwork related situation, they would rather use a much darker and calmer purple, or in case of an app icon inside an operating system, they would choose not to stand out that much.
With this in mind, I personally think we probably don't want such a saturated purple to be a background colour for a frame this large.

Last edited:

TheMrSpacee

Dedicated Member
Jan 9, 2021
Russia
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! As of saturday, the old Discord widget on the forums has been replaced with the new Discord widget, except for the new color. (Credits to @Chango for the suggestion)
It's not that important, but it's an easy change so whatever, my suggestion would be to change the background color to #5865F2, following Discord's branding guidelines.

Contact with moderator to he forwarded suggestion.

AlexTheNG

May 28, 2020
OwO's Secret Laboratory
youtu.be

awful. Absolutely awful. I hate it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

As per the removal of the design team CubeCraft will now remove the Moderation team due to them costing CubeCraft the same amount of extra money - nothing.
Reesle wrote on Tommy Boi's profile.
Congrats on 300 reaction score!!
Tommy Boi wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you so much for everything, you'll be missed.
Thjis wrote on Camezonda's profile.
Happy Bday! 🎉
Tommy Boi wrote on Robbedz's profile.
We'll miss you!
Top Bottom