Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Is this game interesting

• Total voters
A

A pigeon

So this is a game idea I came up with . Its fairly simple but has complex strategies and kits. It's basically a war between two insect clans. An all out war where the main goal is to protect the queen and the several cores.

Explaination:

Game consists of a fairly large map with two sides like in blockwars . There are also two teams of 20 players each . These are insects , a randomly selected player gets to be the queen for that game. Now , what is the queen? The queen is an objective .

The main goal is to kill her, however , she has lives and so do her soldiers. What the queen does is , she supports her troops by healing them and increasing their attack when close by. The game ends when an entire team is destroyed.

Bases :

What are bases? Well , they are repsawn points so to speak. When a bug dies , they respawn after 5 seconds at the nearest base. There are 4 bases , 3 of them for respawning and the last is the queen's room. This is where the queen respawns.

These bases each have a core , which if broken , destroy the base. When the base is destroyed , bugs can no lobger respawn there and instead respawn at another base.

If two bases are shut down , the queen becomes killable. If the queen dies , then the bugs (other players) also become killable.

Therefore the queen acts as a sort of 'egg' like in eggwars , except she can move. Oh I forgot to mention one thing , if one base is destroyed the respawn timer goes up to 7 seconds . If two bases are destroyed it goes up to 10 seconds.

How can these bases be defended?

Well for starters , bases would have build in arrow and shulker defenses . These would keep enemies away . Actual player defense is also required becuse the core of the base can be destroyed in one shot.

dw. If two bases are destroyed your queen becomes killable , but however , she can just hide from the fight and her soldiers will still keep respawning.

The Queen

The queen has her uses apart from acting as the so to speak 'life line of bugs' by allowing them to respawn. After the 5 miniute mark , the queen has the ability to spawn in powerups and also upgrade base defenses.
The queen always has speed II but only half health ; 5 hearts. If the queen leaves the game a random player becomes queen. If the queen combat logs when two or more bases are destroyed ; i.e ahe cannot respawn , she dies permanantly. She has full armour with a stine sword.

The Queen is selected based on when you've last been queen. Sorta like Hypixel's murder mystery.

The Different kinds of bugs

This game also has different types of
Insect clans .

1. Fire ants

These ants have a pretty fierce bite . Let me get into details on the kits.

The ant queen has a fire aspect sword nd feather falling.
  • Worker ant - this is the first kit we have. The worker ant is not as strong as the warrior ant , but has its own special ability ; formic acid . Every five miniutes , the worker ant recieves a lingering porion of poison II for 5 seconds. The worker ant has full red leather armour with a stone sword. He has a bow with 4 arrows use wisely.
  • Warrior ant - This guy carries an iron sword .He doesnt have too much armour as it may limit his movement . He carries brown leather pants and a red helmet . He has a speed potion that lasts for 15 seconds to get into battle quickly.
  • Royal Guard - This guy is not heavily armoured - brown leather boots and res chest , he carries a wooden axe. This kit is designed to follow the queen and protect her. Has a bow with 5 arrows use wisely. When bear the queen they get strength 1.
  • Flyer - This guy has only red boots and helm . He has a wooden sword and cannot regenerate health . However , when his hp falls below 5 hearts he sprouts elytra wings. He can fly. Wvery two miniutes he gwtsbthe ability to be thrusted 10 blocks horizontally. He's used to destroy bases but an inexperienced usernwill definatly get rekt due to the fact that he cannot regenerate.
SPECIAL ABILITY : When near the queen , afftectes ants recive fire aspect on their sword and bows. Makes the guard pretty useful considering they get strength next to the queen anyway.

2. Grasshoppers

• Hopper - Green and lime leather armour , a stone sword and 3 jump boost 1 potions ( 1:00 miniute each)
  • Grassshotter - Lime green chestplate , knockback 1 stick , punch 1 bow with 25 spectral arrows (+5 normal arrows on kill) jump boost
  • Grasschopper - the defensive kit , full lime armour , permanant jump boost wood axe and shield
Willl add more

SPECIAL : When near queen , grassshotter's bow gains either a flame/power enchantment and tipped arrows with random negaive effects (3 seconds each)

3. Honey bees
  • Drone - has yellow and black armour with a stone sword , bow and arrow with 4 arrows use wisely . The worker bee kit has 3 cobwebs that automatically despawn after 15 seconds . This kit is inferior to the worker ant ,but thats the point you see , as some bee kits will be stronger as well
  • Stinger - The stinger is a special variant of the bee that has a poison potion for 5 seconds , and an iron sword . It also has black helm and yellow boots.
  • Pollen collector - the supprtive kit if the bees , it consists of a prot1 iron chestplate , yellow boots . The pollen collector has the pollen dust bomb , or a splash potion of regeneration . However , this kit has half health and no weapon , making it a pretty balanced kit.
  • Hive maker - this is the defensive kit . The hive maker has a wood axe with knockback I , as well as bee miniatures , i.e a flying bee head that does 0.5 hearts of damage and attacks every two seconds . The miniature can be killed in one shot. To prevent abuse , there can be no more that 5 of these in a 20 block radius.
SPECIAL ABILITY : When near the Queen , there is an added level of knockback / punch on all weapons.
4. Butterflies
  • Catterpillar - This little guy has a splash potion if slowness on him as well as 4 cobwebs that disappear in 7 seconds. This kit has a sharpness I wooden sword . Tge specialty about this kit is thatthe leather armour may be any colour . So if you respawn , you'll be an entirely different colour!
  • Butterfree - Iron chestplate , leather boots and helm , no leggings. This kit has a potion of levitation ( levitation level 148 , this levitation level causes things to fall slowly , It may also be levitation 248 . For sake of convienence I'll call this te slowfall potion) Stone sword
  • Cocoon - this kit is very weak actually , only a stone pickaxe (sharpness I) . However , this kit has 20 whopping hearts as well as a splash potion of slowness. Great for deatroying bases
  • Ill make more kits soon
Oh , all leather armour mentioned is random colour . Purple , cyan , lime , orange and blue are randomly chosen.

SPECIAL : When bear the queen , all kits recieve the invisibility effect.

Really isnt as complicated as it sounds . Pretty basic tbh . Ima make some map ideas , tell me what you think of those. If there are any ither insects you'd like in , mention them. No spiders .

Now for a couple maaaappsss!!!!!!!!

Generally all maps have an extremely varied layout - some maps favour other kits and other maps favour others . There should be three bases and a large distance between each enemy base.

These maps must contain both difficult terrain to PvP , dlat terrain , water , hazards and heights for the sniper kits.

Here are some map examples:

image-w1280.jpg

A miniature version ^
images

Last edited by a moderator:
A

A pigeon

Thread status : 100% complete

It may be hard to understand so here's the thread in brief:

In brief :

The pbjective is to kill the enemy team
They cannot be killed forever because their queen makes themeespawn

To kill the queen , you need to destroy 2/4 bases.

If two bases are destroyed , the queen loses the ability to respawn

If the queen dies , normal players lose the ability to respawn.

Last edited by a moderator:

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Are we allowed to post already? I'll do it anyways.
From what's there already it sounds pretty fun. But I am not sure about 20 v 20 games with a randomly selected queen that is very important for the outcome of the game. My queen would probably be a huge noob that dies at the first possible opportunity or just quit 5 minutes in. I don't know enough people to get a coordinated team of 20 players. Could there be a way to vote for the queen in the beginning? Although that might mean that solo players never get to play as the queen.

Reactions: A pigeon
A

A pigeon

Are we allowed to post already? I'll do it anyways.
From what's there already it sounds pretty fun. But I am not sure about 20 v 20 games with a randomly selected queen that is very important for the outcome of the game. My queen would probably be a huge noob that dies at the first possible opportunity or just quit 5 minutes in. I don't know enough people to get a coordinated team of 20 players. Could there be a way to vote for the queen in the beginning? Although that might mean that solo players never get to play as the queen.
True , I guess we'd need to give the players time to learn or a /votechangequeen command to change the queen.

@FlaminKeyboard pointed out that friends could abuse this command so maybe restrict it to 1 vote per party?

FlaminKeyboard

Novice Member
Jul 12, 2017
Gazorpazorp
Seems kind of complicated.I like your idea though. the /vote change queen can be abused if you're playing with friends.Im going to see how the rest of the people reply to this and then give my vote

@Professor Oak I dont think that that would be effective .I think that the game should check your stats like how many times you've been the queen and such and who ever has not been and/or has been very few times compared to the others will get a chance to be the queen

A

A pigeon

Seems kind of complicated.I like your idea though. the /vote change queen can be abused if you're playing with friends.Im going to see how the rest of the people reply to this and then give my vote

@Professor Oak I dont think that that would be effective .I think that the game should check your stats like how many times you've been the queen and such and who ever has not been and/or has been very few times compared to the others will get a chance to be the queen
Yeah , like Hypixel's murder mystery . Ill add that thanks

mdk_chicken

Jul 8, 2014
Dunno if I were supposed to vote already, did it anyway. I like the idea of this game, it seems like a game I would play.

Just a few little things:
Can all bases be destroyed? If so; how can you make sure that the bugs can keep respawning.

You mentioned that cores can be destroyed with one SHOT, do you mean that as in an arrow, because that seems a little unbalanced, considering the entire game depends on having cores or not and now players are able to destroy them from a distance.

And maybe it'd be nice if donators could either vote for what player to be queen or for some modifiers as they can in blockwars (it should be mostly different things though)

Either way I think this is an amazing idea and I hope it won't stay an idea, but become an actual game

A

A pigeon

Dunno if I were supposed to vote already, did it anyway. I like the idea of this game, it seems like a game I would play.

Just a few little things:
Can all bases be destroyed? If so; how can you make sure that the bugs can keep respawning.

You mentioned that cores can be destroyed with one SHOT, do you mean that as in an arrow, because that seems a little unbalanced, considering the entire game depends on having cores or not and now players are able to destroy them from a distance.

And maybe it'd be nice if donators could either vote for what player to be queen or for some modifiers as they can in blockwars (it should be mostly different things though)

Either way I think this is an amazing idea and I hope it won't stay an idea, but become an actual game
Cores are destroyed by block break. They are represented by a wool block and actually beed to be parkoured to , so its not as easy (parkour is easy just a few 3 block jumps. ) They cannot be destroyed by arrows.

If all bases are destroyed , bugs will respawn at the queen's nest.

Thanks for the support

Simbaaa

Dedicated Member
Jul 11, 2014
USA
I honestly do not get the objective of this game and I am so, so confused :P seems way too complicated in my opinion

A

A pigeon

I honestly do not get the objective of this game and I am so, so confused :p seems way too complicated in my opinion
In brief :

The pbjective is to kill the enemy team
They cannot be killed forever because their queen makes themeespawn

To kill the queen , you need to destroy 2/4 bases.

If two bases are destroyed , the queen loses the ability to respawn

If the queen dies , normal players lose the ability to respawn.

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
This idea is very, very confusing. It sounds like a big game. Kind of sounds fun, kind of doesn't. It just seems like every other team game that you must have to destroy the core, or team leader. I think I've read a suggestion like this somewhere before. It pretty much sounded the same, but just without bugs. I think it sounds cool, and it is a pretty good suggestion and is well made, but I think I could go either way with this. It's 50/50, for me.

A

A pigeon

I rushed the explaination a bit . Sorry about that :p , I'll make it more clear later , but it requires slow reading .

It's not actually a core type game. It uses the same name but is more akin to eggwars and FFA.

Rose2247

Jun 22, 2016
I don't think this would be a good addition, we already have egg wars, and many other games that are similar to your game idea. And it is my opinion that we don't need any other games like that.

A

A pigeon

I don't think this would be a good addition, we already have egg wars, and many other games that are similar to your game idea. And it is my opinion that we don't need any other games like that.
What. Which other game is similar to this? When I said it was 'similar' to eggwars I didnt mean it was a copy.

This game doesnt have

Tokens
Shop
Generator
Floating islands.

This game is unique and one of a kind. Read the whole thread before coming to such assumptions. This is nothing like eggwars.

To be fair , all other games are esentially copies among themselves . Eggwars = skywars with respawning
SG = just another pvp game

Rose2247

Jun 22, 2016
What. Which other game is similar to this? When I said it was 'similar' to eggwars I didnt mean it was a copy.

This game doesnt have

Tokens
Shop
Generator
Floating islands.

This game is unique and one of a kind. Read the whole thread before coming to such assumptions. This is nothing like eggwars.

To be fair , all other games are esentially copies among themselves . Eggwars = skywars with respawning
SG = just another pvp game
Look, there is no reason to throw shade at me, I am just saying my own opinion. It doesn't mean that what I say should be taken with such truth. It's how I feel, and if you don't like it then that doesn't bother me.

A

A pigeon

Look, there is no reason to throw shade at me, I am just saying my own opinion. It doesn't mean that what I say should be taken with such truth. It's how I feel, and if you don't like it then that doesn't bother me.
I respect opinions but...

There's a difference between free speech and blabbering non truths.
My reply was polite and civil , nobody was throwing shade at you.

Reactions: Despacito 2

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
So this is a game idea I came up with . Its fairly simple but has complex strategies and kits. It's basically a war between two insect clans. An all out war where the main goal is to protect the queen and the several cores.

Explaination:

Game consists of a fairly large map with two sides like in blockwars . There are also two teams of 20 players each . These are insects , a randomly selected player gets to be the queen for that game. Now , what is the queen? The queen is an objective .

The main goal is to kill her, however , she has lives and so do her soldiers. What the queen does is , she supports her troops by healing them and increasing their attack when close by. The game ends when an entire team is destroyed.

Bases :

What are bases? Well , they are repsawn points so to speak. When a bug dies , they respawn after 5 seconds at the nearest base. There are 4 bases , 3 of them for respawning and the last is the queen's room. This is where the queen respawns.

These bases each have a core , which if broken , destroy the base. When the base is destroyed , bugs can no lobger respawn there and instead respawn at another base.

If two bases are shut down , the queen becomes killable. If the queen dies , then the bugs (other players) also become killable.

Therefore the queen acts as a sort of 'egg' like in eggwars , except she can move. Oh I forgot to mention one thing , if one base is destroyed the respawn timer goes up to 7 seconds . If two bases are destroyed it goes up to 10 seconds.

How can these bases be defended?

Well for starters , bases would have build in arrow and shulker defenses . These would keep enemies away . Actual player defense is also required becuse the core of the base can be destroyed in one shot.

dw. If two bases are destroyed your queen becomes killable , but however , she can just hide from the fight and her soldiers will still keep respawning.

The Queen

The queen has her uses apart from acting as the so to speak 'life line of bugs' by allowing them to respawn. After the 5 miniute mark , the queen has the ability to spawn in powerups and also upgrade base defenses.
The queen always has speed II but only half health ; 5 hearts. If the queen leaves the game a random player becomes queen. If the queen combat logs when two or more bases are destroyed ; i.e ahe cannot respawn , she dies permanantly. She has full armour with a stine sword.

The Queen is selected based on when you've last been queen. Sorta like Hypixel's murder mystery.

The Different kinds of bugs

This game also has different types of
Insect clans .

1. Fire ants

These ants have a pretty fierce bite . Let me get into details on the kits.

The ant queen has a fire aspect sword nd feather falling.
  • Worker ant - this is the first kit we have. The worker ant is not as strong as the warrior ant , but has its own special ability ; formic acid . Every five miniutes , the worker ant recieves a lingering porion of poison II for 5 seconds. The worker ant has full red leather armour with a stone sword. He has a bow with 4 arrows use wisely.
  • Warrior ant - This guy carries an iron sword .He doesnt have too much armour as it may limit his movement . He carries brown leather pants and a red helmet . He has a speed potion that lasts for 15 seconds to get into battle quickly.
  • Royal Guard - This guy is not heavily armoured - brown leather boots and res chest , he carries a wooden axe. This kit is designed to follow the queen and protect her. Has a bow with 5 arrows use wisely. When bear the queen they get strength 1.
  • Flyer - This guy has only red boots and helm . He has a wooden sword and cannot regenerate health . However , when his hp falls below 5 hearts he sprouts elytra wings. He can fly. Wvery two miniutes he gwtsbthe ability to be thrusted 10 blocks horizontally. He's used to destroy bases but an inexperienced usernwill definatly get rekt due to the fact that he cannot regenerate.
SPECIAL ABILITY : When near the queen , afftectes ants recive fire aspect on their sword and bows. Makes the guard pretty useful considering they get strength next to the queen anyway.

2. Grasshoppers

• Hopper - Green and lime leather armour , a stone sword and 3 jump boost 1 potions ( 1:00 miniute each)
  • Grassshotter - Lime green chestplate , knockback 1 stick , punch 1 bow with 25 spectral arrows (+5 normal arrows on kill) jump boost
  • Grasschopper - the defensive kit , full lime armour , permanant jump boost wood axe and shield
Willl add more

SPECIAL : When near queen , grassshotter's bow gains either a flame/power enchantment and tipped arrows with random negaive effects (3 seconds each)

3. Honey bees
  • Drone - has yellow and black armour with a stone sword , bow and arrow with 4 arrows use wisely . The worker bee kit has 3 cobwebs that automatically despawn after 15 seconds . This kit is inferior to the worker ant ,but thats the point you see , as some bee kits will be stronger as well
  • Stinger - The stinger is a special variant of the bee that has a poison potion for 5 seconds , and an iron sword . It also has black helm and yellow boots.
  • Pollen collector - the supprtive kit if the bees , it consists of a prot1 iron chestplate , yellow boots . The pollen collector has the pollen dust bomb , or a splash potion of regeneration . However , this kit has half health and no weapon , making it a pretty balanced kit.
  • Hive maker - this is the defensive kit . The hive maker has a wood axe with knockback I , as well as bee miniatures , i.e a flying bee head that does 0.5 hearts of damage and attacks every two seconds . The miniature can be killed in one shot. To prevent abuse , there can be no more that 5 of these in a 20 block radius.
SPECIAL ABILITY : When near the Queen , there is an added level of knockback / punch on all weapons.
4. Butterflies
  • Catterpillar - This little guy has a splash potion if slowness on him as well as 4 cobwebs that disappear in 7 seconds. This kit has a sharpness I wooden sword . Tge specialty about this kit is thatthe leather armour may be any colour . So if you respawn , you'll be an entirely different colour!
  • Butterfree - Iron chestplate , leather boots and helm , no leggings. This kit has a potion of levitation ( levitation level 148 , this levitation level causes things to fall slowly , It may also be levitation 248 . For sake of convienence I'll call this te slowfall potion) Stone sword
  • Cocoon - this kit is very weak actually , only a stone pickaxe (sharpness I) . However , this kit has 20 whopping hearts as well as a splash potion of slowness. Great for deatroying bases
  • Ill make more kits soon
Oh , all leather armour mentioned is random colour . Purple , cyan , lime , orange and blue are randomly chosen.

SPECIAL : When bear the queen , all kits recieve the invisibility effect.

Really isnt as complicated as it sounds . Pretty basic tbh . Ima make some map ideas , tell me what you think of those. If there are any ither insects you'd like in , mention them. No spiders .

Now for a couple maaaappsss!!!!!!!!

Generally all maps have an extremely varied layout - some maps favour other kits and other maps favour others . There should be three bases and a large distance between each enemy base.

These maps must contain both difficult terrain to PvP , dlat terrain , water , hazards and heights for the sniper kits.

Here are some map examples:

image-w1280.jpg

A miniature version ^
images
Sounds the same thing as blockwars, but better. It (to me) sounds like a ULTIMATE block wars where instead of protecting one thing, you have to protect a lot of things with your 20 teammates (or how ever many there are) with the given time. I think a lot of people might think its the same thing as blockwars, but I think this would be really cool to have as another voting mode for blockwars? Or in the lobby?
I don't know what ever happens happens. I do think that the developers should focus on the parkour because it has been in maintenance for like 50 years!! (Not really but you get the point)

Reactions: Quake_02 and Saruhh

Quake_02

Novice Member
Apr 22, 2017
Sounds the same thing as blockwars, but better. It (to me) sounds like a ULTIMATE block wars where instead of protecting one thing, you have to protect a lot of things with your 20 teammates (or how ever many there are) with the given time. I think a lot of people might think its the same thing as blockwars, but I think this would be really cool to have as another voting mode for blockwars? Or in the lobby?
I don't know what ever happens happens. I do think that the developers should focus on the parkour because it has been in maintenance for like 50 years!! (Not really but you get the point)
Really does

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Top Bottom