Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Apr 13, 2022
the Universe, Earth, Germany
Pronouns
She/They
unknown_2022.06.16-10.25.png

A simple suggestion as I feel like this is getting a bit out of hand :(
Within a week, I have been successfully reporting about 20 players offending this rule... almost as much as any other accepted report in 2 months

I'm writing this as the week long warning period has passed already, but the frequency of reportable player encounters hasn't reduced much since

Why implementing this is a good idea: 🌱

° Communication!

Players may be unaware that they are using a now forbidden skin!
As they are also many casual players that simply wear them because they like them, giving them a skin ban "out of the blue" creates an unfriendly environment which may discourage them to keep playing on cube
This also applies to highly skilled PvP-ers who use short skins for their advantage, as they might become toxic and resentful

Giving them a chance to avoid punishment if they are willing to stick to the rules
After all, it's being with the community, not against <3

° Less time spend on Reporting & Moderation

Creating reports takes time, but also reviewing them!
Time that can be otherwise spend like eating caramel ice cream or going for a stroll in the sun set, chatting with friends...
For the mods, it also means less work and more time tracking down more serious issues :/

In general, I think rules should be more accessible In-game, but that is for another time (and suggestion) to come!

Thanks for reading :heart:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
:agree:🌱 Agree, if you think it would make a great addition
:unsure::disagree:Unsure or Disagree, if you have mixed feelings, or just disagree, let me know why

Last edited:

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
View attachment 211811

A simple suggestion as I feel like this is getting a bit out of hand :(
Within a week, I have been successfully reporting about 20 players offending this rule... almost as much as any other accepted report in 2 months

I'm writing this as the week long warning period has passed already, but the frequency of reportable player encounters hasn't reduced much since

Why implementing this is a good idea: 🌱

° Communication!

Players may be unaware that they are using a now forbidden skin!
As they are also many casual players that simply wear them because they like them, giving them a skin ban "out of the blue" creates an unfriendly environment which may discourage them to keep playing on cube
This also applies to highly skilled PvP-ers who use short skins for their advantage, as they might become toxic and resentful

Giving them a chance to avoid punishment if they are willing to stick to the rules
After all, it's being with the community, not against <3

° Less time spend on Reporting & Moderation

Creating reports takes time, but also reviewing them!
Time that can be otherwise spend like eating caramel ice cream or going for a troll in the sun set, chatting with friends...
For the mods, it also means less work and more time tracking down more serious issues :/

In general, I think rules should be more accessible In-game, but that is for another time (and suggestion) to come!

Thanks for reading :heart:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
:agree:🌱 Agree, if you think it would make a great addition
:unsure::disagree:Unsure or Disagree, if you have mixed feelings, or just disagree, let me know why
I don't see it a bad idea, let's be honest, most players on Bedrock have never visited the forums nor read the rules. If this isn't announced properly, people will keep using bannable skins without being aware they are breaking the rules.

Otherworld

✧ Moderator ✧
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Apr 13, 2022
Pronouns
She/They
I don't see it a bad idea, let's be honest, most players on Bedrock have never visited the forums nor read the rules. If this isn't announced properly, people will keep using bannable skins without being aware they are breaking the rules.
True. This rule is not “common sense” either, as even some knowledge about PvP-mechanics are required. A bit like when I learned that skybases are actually punishable, not too long ago

In other words, when people decide to cheat or build something inappropriate and swear in chat, they very likely know they are being “rude”
We have a feel what is wrong in a community, like an irl society, for what they can expect to receive some form of punishment, whose “rules and expectations“ are effectively taught since we were born

This makes it a lot more likely for players to keep using bannable skins unintentionally
Until they are either punished or informed in some way

Last edited:

LukaG_

May 15, 2022
Europe
Yes, please. I also normally report players like this, since I know it's against the rules, but I often think if the person even knows, that what they are doing is a punishable offence. So if we can alert players: that teaming in a game is bannable, that they should check out the forums, or that they can join the staff team, then alerting them that the skin might not be allowed on the server should 100% be possible. Because again, as said before, let's do something for the community and try to warn/help first, punish later. At least for rules like this...

Otherworld

✧ Moderator ✧
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Apr 13, 2022
Pronouns
She/They
Yes, this is what I feel like, thanks for summing up for me, you have got some strong points🌱
The more rule-breaking can be prevented in the first place, the better <3

(well, let this be a bump post then, I guess😄)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LukaG_ and Silco

Otherworld

✧ Moderator ✧
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Apr 13, 2022
Pronouns
She/They
Hoping to find one more person, who agrees with this post ☀️
We made it! Yay!

There is still a wide-spread issue with all the bannable skins on the server
Just traversing trough lobbies that have many players, is like walking in a treasure trove for reports

Been reporting 6 players again, just today
Making up for a total of ~35 short/invisible skin reports at this point

Yes, there are some that do "take the risk", but any amount of punishments that implementing this suggestion can prevent is already a worthwhile plus 🌱 🌱🌱

unknown_2022.06.20-17.01.png

Last edited:

BurntCrown8876

Nov 9, 2021
My Cat's Basket
allout.org
Pronouns
He/Him
Hmm, maybe it's a bit too general... perhaps during a game, like how it warns against Auto-Clickers? Would be good to warn them somehow though.
You're not meant to join a server and then get threatened - in my opinion, a bit off-putting!
Voted: :unsure:

Reactions: Otherworld

LukaG_

May 15, 2022
Europe
Hmm, maybe it's a bit too general... perhaps during a game, like how it warns against Auto-Clickers? Would be good to warn them somehow though.
You're not meant to join a server and then get threatened - in my opinion, a bit off-putting!
Voted: :unsure:
I don't see this kind of skin announcement as being threatening. I'd personally say (if it's implemented nicely) that it's more on the informative and helpful side. Also, I know that there are some servers that require you to open the rules before you can play on them, so I think it would be perfectly cool, if every time you join, you would also get a message "Hey, make sure you are following the rules and have fun on Cube" or something along these lines. Maybe just have it longer for the first few weeks, so people know about the rule change.

We made it! Yay!
Yay, I hope this is something we can see on Cube soon!

Yes, there are some that do "take the risk", but any amount of punishments that implementing this suggestion can prevent is already a worthwhile plus 🌱 🌱🌱
I mean in my opinion if we can help one player and save the time of players and staff members who would have to deal with this, I would say it has been worth it. But I'm sure we can help even more.

Top Bottom