Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see Colony Control game in Winter 2022?

• Yes

Votes: 48 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 14.3%

• Total voters

Olebeh

Novice Member
Apr 7, 2020
Ukraine
www.cubecraft.net
As we can see in CubeCraft Public Update Board, there's no Colony Control game mentioned in 2022 Winter Event update. I understand that it may be changed, but I hope this voting will affect it more. This game is like a tradition - it was on Network every single Winter Event I remember. I was, and still waiting Winter on CubeCraft just for this game. Really hope staff will notice this and leave a feedback. Thanks in advance to every voters and staff

VisoredTrack494

Novice Member
Jun 7, 2022
Don’t think it will come back this year, they are busy with their 1.19 update and probably updating the snowman survival code is much easier than updating the colony control code and anyway colony control wasnt much more popular than snowman survival, so I think its not worth it for them to bring it this year, right now their focus is on the 1.19 update

Olebeh

Novice Member
Apr 7, 2020
Ukraine
www.cubecraft.net
Don’t think it will come back this year, they are busy with their 1.19 update and probably updating the snowman survival code is much easier than updating the colony control code and anyway colony control wasnt much more popular than snowman survival, so I think its not worth it for them to bring it this year, right now their focus is on the 1.19 update
Well, first, update could be delayed a little if it's really a problem. Second, I don't think there was really lots of changes on 1.19, so they shouldn't make much changes to this.minigame, and third, this "update problem" never bothered them before, e. g. when 1.18 or 1.17 where released

Redned

Protocol Developer
Team CubeCraft
💻 Developer
Apr 24, 2020
Pronouns
He/Him
Well, first, update could be delayed a little if it's really a problem. Second, I don't think there was really lots of changes on 1.19, so they shouldn't make much changes to this.minigame, and third, this "update problem" never bothered them before, e. g. when 1.18 or 1.17 where released
To clarify - we are currently in the process of updating the network to support all the content that comes with 1.19 itself. While all our networks currently support the latest Minecraft versions, 1.19 included, our server software only supports content up to 1.12. Updating the server itself to support content added through 7 versions is nowhere near as simple as adding client support for the versions themselves (which is the approach we've taken for previous updates). As such, the majority of the development team is focusing on this 1.19 update due to the massive changes in Minecraft since 1.12, along with the added technical changes, so we've had to simplify some of our seasonal updates a bit.

If you'd like more information on this 1.19 update, I'd suggest reading this thread.

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Screenshot_20221115_153826.jpg

Reactions: Reesle and Komodо

Olebeh

Novice Member
Apr 7, 2020
Ukraine
www.cubecraft.net
To clarify - we are currently in the process of updating the network to support all the content that comes with 1.19 itself. While all our networks currently support the latest Minecraft versions, 1.19 included, our server software only supports content up to 1.12. Updating the server itself to support content added through 7 versions is nowhere near as simple as adding client support for the versions themselves (which is the approach we've taken for previous updates). As such, the majority of the development team is focusing on this 1.19 update due to the massive changes in Minecraft since 1.12, along with the added technical changes, so we've had to simplify some of our seasonal updates a bit.

If you'd like more information on this 1.19 update, I'd suggest reading this thread.
Okay, understandable, but what about Bedrock version? It's not updating to 1.19 like Java, or is it?

Reactions: Reesle
Jul 2, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
As we can see in CubeCraft Public Update Board, there's no Colony Control game mentioned in 2022 Winter Event update. I understand that it may be changed, but I hope this voting will affect it more. This game is like a tradition - it was on Network every single Winter Event I remember. I was, and still waiting Winter on CubeCraft just for this game. Really hope staff will notice this and leave a feedback. Thanks in advance to every voters and staff
This game mode was really fun and I would love to see it return. Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I remember, isn't it a 3s mode? I would like cubecraft to bring it back maybe in a 4s mode.

Nov 16, 2022

It really should be a permanent game mode. There are bunches of threads on this... (take a hint people like it) Its so frustrating seeing the silly snowman game come back, none of my friends like that game... and frankly its not very exciting at all, but we all love and adore Colony Control.... First no Ender now potentially no colony control... Not doing much for the players this year. And its frankly very disappointing.

• Unsure
Reactions: Reesle
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is fr me during bedwars
RDT_20240427_1241257018540164098121553.png
I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
qKhalidd wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Top Bottom