Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
  • Okay, okay, before all of you supporters of the recent update (Which I have nothing against you) start telling me that Block Wars was a dead and that's why it got removed. Listen up.

Block Wars had been in the server for a long time already, it was the perfect combination between a PvP and a non-PvP based game. It required building (Non PvP), but it also required fighting (PvP). Most important of it all though, it required strategy. Yes, Block Wars was one of the few games that made the player think for a second and develop a quick action plan (Even if involuntary). What I'm trying to say here is, Block Wars wasn't only a game but it was extremely representative of what Cube Craft was. Sadly, that is no more. Block Wars and perhaps other mini games like MinerWare were games that made CubeCraft feel different from other -much more popular- servers like Hypixel.

In other words, Block Wars was a distinctive mini game that made CubeCraft be special, even unique I'd say. And I know CubeCraft already has a unique trait in general and that is its 1.9 style PvP. But the new players will always find more enjoyable to spam rather than waiting between clicks, why? Because it's easier. One of the main reasons this update apparently happened. You facilitated gameplay to the players. The only problem is, if there are faster, easier and much more crowded versions of a game somewhere else... why playing it in CubeCraft? (This is a thought that a new player would most likely have. Because naturally, they are going to prefer the easy stuff).

Oh wait... there was a reason to keep playing in CubeCraft, a reason that made it different than other servers. But oh well... what happened to those reasons? They got removed. Not a smart move I must say.

Block Wars had been begging for an update for a long time already and it received one, but it wasn't really big nor did it bring much change, it's not like a few kits and trap blocks would save a mini game. This happened mainly because its community isn't very present in the forums. Except for myself and some other people.

Additionally, getting rid of those "small" player bases such as Block Wars, brings no benefit at all. You are simply making the server lose more players, not matter how small the amount is, you have reduced the chances and reasons of someone playing in your server.

The Block Wars community may be considered small, but that's just because it isn't very present in the forums. But I am here to give them voice, to show the rest that Block Wars wasn't dead, it still had a huge community.

I went around lobbies asking people if they wanted the mini game Block Wars back (Permanently), or if they disagreed with its removal. These were the answers:

JE36zFw.png

BnYL1Kq.png

POJnRPO.png

JvfJqxz.png

tL5xuFU.png

And an additional reaction of two individuals:

HwRwWKu.png

(Disclaimer: the pictures aren't cut in any way to prove this wasn't some sort of montage, additionally, I removed the messages irrelevant to the topic)

As you can judge by the screenshots, they weren't many players online so that's why they weren't many answers but these screenshots are proof of the existence of a Block Wars community. This demonstrates Block Wars was a game liked by many players.

So please Cube Craft, take us into consideration and bring Block Wars back as a permanent game. It has a lot of potential and many people want it!

We added nothing but community suggestions, mostly from Thefty and other big SG players of the time,

Not to sound mean but you're basically telling us that most of the updates were taken from a few selected individuals instead of the community as a whole?

His thread received 55+ likes about SG, that seems like the community as a whole in my eyes.

If this thread receives a similar amount of support (Or maybe a little bit less for the forums community has decreased) will it be taken into consideration? Will Block Wars come back?

Thank you for reading! Any Feed Back is appreciated! I hope you help me and the Block Wars community to bring the game back.

I will be adding more screenshots tomorrow, when there are more players online.

Masterfs99

Jul 28, 2017
Why you want to know ? stalker
My opinion wich no one cares:
Reading that, I see cubecraft is removing original games wich are not only, kill all players :D
I think he's having a lot of bad decicions this year. The new inventory ... well people didn't care. New small lobbys ... ok ... And now removing games wich made Cubecraft a diferent server than others. I don't understand this decicions, but I know there's a lot of people wich thinks the same about that.
Talking about Blockwars, It was my favourite game. It wasn't just, Kill all ... maybe a bit ... but it was diferent.
Well am suposted to say #SaveBlockwars

Kawaakarii

Novice Member
Dec 28, 2017
tdfgyuhijsokpocifjsdhjxcwklnclvf
Blockwars had a great community too. It got played a little less than skywars, but that doesn't make it a bad game that should be "temporarily" removed. After all it's just really sad, they made this decision without us knowing, which made it appear even more badly than it is. As for all, blockwars was different, cube most likely had the best version of it. It wasn't just like the other games "kill all and win!". You required a strategy, and if it wasn't good, it would be more of a challenge. Each team had a different strategy which made it "harder". It was that that made it a different, more fun game. The community was quite big, as was the normal ffa community,... It's such a shame that this decision was made and to know that even some of the "higher up people" don't fully support this decision makes me wonder, do they even have anything to say? The backlash is immense. Lets hope we're able to do something about it! #SaveBlockwars

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
My opinion wich no one cares:
Reading that, I see cubecraft is removing original games wich are not only, kill all players :D
I think he's having a lot of bad decicions this year. The new inventory ... well people didn't care. New small lobbys ... ok ... And now removing games wich made Cubecraft a diferent server than others. I don't understand this decicions, but I know there's a lot of people wich thinks the same about that.
Talking about Blockwars, It was my favourite game. It wasn't just, Kill all ... maybe a bit ... but it was diferent.
Well am suposted to say #SaveBlockwars

This. The server is pretty much left with the same bullshit games you find everywhere.

Thank god it still has Tower Defense, but that game is heavily in need of an update if you want to keep it interesting for long time players.

I'm not necessarily against the idea of removing games and getting rid of the option to choose maps, but let's just say this could have been a decision to involve the community with. Simply removing games that are still being played by your players one day, without telling them, is a shitty move.

That said, they haven't really set high standards. I'm not surprised. We have gotten so many useless updates and straight copy-nonsense and 9 out of the 10 times I roll my eyes whenever a helper/mod/etc comments on a popular thread (or the lack of comments from them).

Reactions: Ibraa

Advertisement

Feb 12, 2018
Wouldn't really know what to vote but I see why they've removed games that aren't played frequently. 1) Take space of something that might be useful in the future 2) They're pretty much ignored 3) They're increasing their RAM Usage on servers they aren't being played on usually. And it's usually the same players playing the game boosting each other and that's giving cube less motivation to keeping it up, so there's my point about it. Have a good day/afternoon/night ~ H

Reactions: Ibraa

Ibraa

Novice Member
Jan 26, 2017
Virgin Islands
Wouldn't really know what to vote but I see why they've removed games that aren't played frequently. 1) Take space of something that might be useful in the future 2) They're pretty much ignored 3) They're increasing their RAM Usage on servers they aren't being played on usually. And it's usually the same players playing the game boosting each other and that's giving cube less motivation to keeping it up, so there's my point about it. Have a good day/afternoon/night ~ H
1. Blockwars wasnt "not played frequently". Blockwars had the potential to be one of the servers best games but the staff won't make new (good) updates that would eventually attract more people.
2. We don't care if we're ignored, the server is going to die. And there's no going back unless the staff give us what we want. And what we want is our games back. Like, the server had 250 people at 4 AM GMT, its usually 600 people online.
3. If the server really cares for the future, then why would they remove games that made the server unique to other servers? Minerware was a game which no other server offers and now its gone, same exact thing with blockwars.

The server can't remove half of their playerbase just because a few amount of new players will join the server.

Anyways, I respect your opinion tho. Have a good day :)

RqktByMax_

Novice Member
May 4, 2018
belgium
  • Okay, okay, before all of you supporters of the recent update (Which I have nothing against you) start telling me that Block Wars was a dead and that's why it got removed. Listen up.
Block Wars had been in the server for a long time already, it was the perfect combination between a PvP and a non-PvP based game. It required building (Non PvP), but it also required fighting (PvP). Most important of it all though, it required strategy. Yes, Block Wars was one of the few games that made the player think for a second and develop a quick action plan (Even if involuntary). What I'm trying to say here is, Block Wars wasn't only a game but it was extremely representative of what Cube Craft was. Sadly, that is no more. Block Wars and perhaps other mini games like MinerWare were games that made CubeCraft feel different from other -much more popular- servers like Hypixel.

In other words, Block Wars was a distinctive mini game that made CubeCraft be special, even unique I'd say. And I know CubeCraft already has a unique trait in general and that is its 1.9 style PvP. But the new players will always find more enjoyable to spam rather than waiting between clicks, why? Because it's easier. One of the main reasons this update apparently happened. You facilitated gameplay to the players. The only problem is, if there are faster, easier and much more crowded versions of a game somewhere else... why playing it in CubeCraft? (This is a thought that a new player would most likely have. Because naturally, they are going to prefer the easy stuff).

Oh wait... there was a reason to keep playing in CubeCraft, a reason that made it different than other servers. But oh well... what happened to those reasons? They got removed. Not a smart move I must say.

Block Wars had been begging for an update for a long time already and it received one, but it wasn't really big nor did it bring much change, it's not like a few kits and trap blocks would save a mini game. This happened mainly because its community isn't very present in the forums. Except for myself and some other people.

Additionally, getting rid of those "small" player bases such as Block Wars, brings no benefit at all. You are simply making the server lose more players, not matter how small the amount is, you have reduced the chances and reasons of someone playing in your server.

The Block Wars community may be considered small, but that's just because it isn't very present in the forums. But I am here to give them voice, to show the rest that Block Wars wasn't dead, it still had a huge community.

I went around lobbies asking people if they wanted the mini game Block Wars back (Permanently), or if they disagreed with its removal. These were the answers:

JE36zFw.png

BnYL1Kq.png

POJnRPO.png

JvfJqxz.png

tL5xuFU.png

And an additional reaction of two individuals:

HwRwWKu.png

(Disclaimer: the pictures aren't cut in any way to prove this wasn't some sort of montage, additionally, I removed the messages irrelevant to the topic)

As you can judge by the screenshots, they weren't many players online so that's why they weren't many answers but these screenshots are proof of the existence of a Block Wars community. This demonstrates Block Wars was a game liked by many players.

So please Cube Craft, take us into consideration and bring Block Wars back as a permanent game. It has a lot of potential and many people want it!

If this thread receives a similar amount of support (Or maybe a little bit less for the forums community has decreased) will it be taken into consideration? Will Block Wars come back?

Thank you for reading! Any Feed Back is appreciated! I hope you help me and the Block Wars community to bring the game back.

I will be adding more screenshots tomorrow, when there are more players online.
They gonna add blockers back in 2weeks.

Aurora

Jun 12, 2016
<3
I said this on another post, and I'll say it here again. Blockwars wasn't taken care of. It's been over a year since Blockwars got a new map. Other games got new seasonal maps every few months, for example: Christmas, Valentine's, Easter, Summer, Halloween maps. The only little attention Blockwars got was a minor update where basically 2 kits, a trap block and some minor fixes were added almost half a year ago. Adding 2 kits isn't going to be enough to suddenly amass tons of new players. It's incredibly annoying to hear "We tried to update it but the game was still dead. We did what we could." Seeing as how much attention and care other games got, you definitely didn't do what you could've done for the game. Constant updates and additions are what keeps a players interest. Clearly staff know that since other games get map updates and game updates every so often.
And to @The_Killer_Ibra2 's point, instead of actually dedicating some time and effort to revive a game that made the server more unique, you preferred to focus most, if not almost all of your efforts on games I can literally find in every single server. So why would any new players (since you guys care so much about them) want to play in Cube when they can simply go to any other server and play the same exact games (with the exception of Tower Defense), with more options. Agreed, that these games such as Skywars are one of the bigger, more popular games of the Minecraft community as a whole. However, removing games that aren't simply found everywhere just makes the server lose what made it different, thus giving players no compelling reasons to consistently play on Cubecraft unless they were already a part of the communities of the games that have stayed. I think many of us know that Blockwars had lower player counts than other games, which could be attributed to more than one reason. However, based on the reasoning for it's removal, I know many of us can agree that it wasn't justified and the game wasn't given a real chance. And you talk of new players, yet disregard the loyal players that have donated much more money than the ranks are actually worth to the server, and have stuck by the server for years regardless of it's frustrating lack of updates, or "good" updates, and many other things. Perhaps what we've said could be applied to some other games that were taken away as well.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Feb 12, 2018
1. Blockwars wasnt "not played frequently". Blockwars had the potential to be one of the servers best games but the staff won't make new (good) updates that would eventually attract more people.
2. We don't care if we're ignored, the server is going to die. And there's no going back unless the staff give us what we want. And what we want is our games back. Like, the server had 250 people at 4 AM GMT, its usually 600 people online.
3. If the server really cares for the future, then why would they remove games that made the server unique to other servers? Minerware was a game which no other server offers and now its gone, same exact thing with blockwars.

The server can't remove half of their playerbase just because a few amount of new players will join the server.

Anyways, I respect your opinion tho. Have a good day :)
Love the way you've responded, but the updates brings people attention for a bit then gone. 3ne, wallah m3rf ~ H

Reactions: Wimeel and Ibraa
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
Top Bottom