• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JT8D

Apr 22, 2018
Wherever I am
"Not a player, but a whole community."

This is so true, couldn't agree more.
Really sad that none of the staff have expressed opinion on this even with a whole community disappearing off the server or at least mourning the loss of one of CubeCrafts greatest games.

D

Deleted member 436996

64+ players, last time I checked Parkour didn't even get 50 players yet they still kept it but not blockwars. :0

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
64+ players, last time I checked Parkour didn't even get 50 players yet they still kept it but not blockwars. :0
Your logic doesn't make sense here. 64+ players voted yes, so we can assume that these are all Blockwars players. But they never would play at the same time, so it would never make 64 online players. Just like there will be more people who like parkour than these 50 ;)

I do agree though that I'd rather have seen Blockwars/Minerware instead of Parkour/Tower Defense.

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
Hypixel actually added a similar Blockwars CTF mode, if only they were 1.9...
Is not the same.
Is a copy of project ares a very old game on other server.
When the server close hypixel copy the idea.
Is literaly the same but smaller

JT8D

Apr 22, 2018
Wherever I am
I played two games of the Hypixel 'Capture the Wool' and I think its bad. It will never reach the standard of CubeCraft BlockWars. PVP on 'H' is the bad kind you get everywhere else and doesn't require skill - just spam clicks - and this ruins the game. I don't think it can replace CTF and so it would be great if it was brought back on this server.

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
We won't be making any changes to the current setup (besides adding featured games) until we've had chance to evaluate the impact of the changes we've already made. By impact I'm not referring to player feedback, we always knew that there would be a lot of resistance to these changes. Moving everything into one lobby has certainly affected the split of players between the games (Tower Defence is busier than it was before I think). It may be that a couple of the games we removed become more viable for off peak times in these conditions, we'll know more once we've had a few games go through the featured spot. I wouldn't expect any major changes to the current layout this side of Christmas at least, and that is if we make any changes at all.

As the update post has already said, faced with ever declining player numbers, changes had to be made in order to ensure that games start quickly at all times. This has obviously meant that some much loved games have had to take a timeout, I don't think anyone really wanted to drop a bunch of games, but we're faced with the reality that not doing anything would have been the worst thing to do. This way we have a chance to grow and hopefully get to the point where they can return again, rather than have the player counts dropping rapidly across the board because games just don't start quickly enough.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
We won't be making any changes to the current setup (besides adding featured games) until we've had chance to evaluate the impact of the changes we've already made. By impact I'm not referring to player feedback, we always knew that there would be a lot of resistance to these changes. Moving everything into one lobby has certainly affected the split of players between the games (Tower Defence is busier than it was before I think). It may be that a couple of the games we removed become more viable for off peak times in these conditions, we'll know more once we've had a few games go through the featured spot. I wouldn't expect any major changes to the current layout this side of Christmas at least, and that is if we make any changes at all.

As the update post has already said, faced with ever declining player numbers, changes had to be made in order to ensure that games start quickly at all times. This has obviously meant that some much loved games have had to take a timeout, I don't think anyone really wanted to drop a bunch of games, but we're faced with the reality that not doing anything would have been the worst thing to do. This way we have a chance to grow and hopefully get to the point where they can return again, rather than have the player counts dropping rapidly across the board because games just don't start quickly enough.
I understand. I just want this thread to be useful to take future decisions.
Could this thread be locked? Please and thank you

Wimeel

Oct 5, 2018

I think instead of removing special games, you should keep games that are unique and exclusive to cube, and also add new ones. For example, when you added egg wars to the server it basically blew up with hundreds of new players wanting to try something new. Having the same games with most other server will probably become stale quickly as players get used to the drastic change.

Reactions: super craft bros
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Loskol's profile.
Pro parrot plays pro program
Guys, I might have predicted BedWars Duos! The best part is it's releasing tomorrow!
1713889970725.png
Eli wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
Eli
7 reports closed in a row because Sentinel got there first... :despair:

1713882959021.png
GiGaGekkies wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom