Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should Cubecraft bring back voting rewards?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
(Skip 1st two paragraphs to avoid EULA talk)
We've all seen in a rewards chest "Vote for the server and be awesome!" and many of us remember the time when we recieved a cubelet and some experience from voting. Reward voting was removed as it was apparently against EULA in this thread back in August. Most people, especially myself, were extremely skeptical that this was true and after tons of searching for an official Mojang statement all I could find was a spigot mc thread where someone claimed they recieved an email from a Mojang employee stating that he could not reward players for voting on his server. Another thread I found stated that you can only reward either all players for voting or only reward cosmetics.

Well finally I believe I can prove this is not the case whatsoever! You may have noticed the "Official Minecraft Partner" seal at the bottom of the forums after the Better Together Update was announced. Well, one of the few servers that is also happens to be an Official Mincraft Partner and was showcased in the BTU announcement video has reward voting and not only that, but reward voting where you can get in-game advantages like kits. I highly doubt Microsoft would partner with a server that goes against their terms of service so voting rewards are not against EULA.

Hopefully with that I can get into my suggestion without people replying "This is against EULA!!!111!!1"

So I suggest that voting rewards should return with the original cubelet and 300 experience reward. Cubecraft could reward anything for voting but I don't think points or any in game advantage would be fun to deal with. Incentivizing voting has obvious benefits with more votes and advertising for the server so I think it would be a great addition.

Thanks for reading! ♡

Last edited:

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Sure it'd be cool to get more stuff and items but honestly, I don't like it when servers are begging for votes. To me it feels exactly the same as for example like-baiting. ''Please like my posts I'll follow you if you do'' sorta stuff. I think Cube is better than that. Im fine with a link to a voting-page somewhere on the server and heck why not give the voters some points so they can buy some kits and stuff, even better, instead of adding 'voters-only items' why not add more vanity-items in general?

But no Items or kits or perks you can only get by voting, thats not the level of coolness Cubecraft currently holds on the coolnessladder if you understand what I mean.

ISTY.

Forum Expert
Dec 26, 2016
London
www.nasa.gov
I would like voting rewards back, but when you look at a server like Hypixel, that gives you 5,000xp (for voting) + an additional 2000xp daily, 300 experience and a cubelet is nothing... if they return voting rewards, at least upscale the current 300 exp reward

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Okay @FireExcalibur10 a way to potential get cubelets easier?

As for my opinion I have no real say... sure it would be nice and all but is it really likely not going to impact decisions on my input but if it can be safely added than why add the extra 300 exp
I do believe you've said this before: getting Exp doesn't necessarily mean skill, you could just get daily rewards
Now of course that being said this was in a different context however it kinda seems like you don't like that you could get exp from daily rewards so why would you suggest to give a total of 550 exp through a reward
I personally think a cubelet is enough
can do?

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
(Skip 1st two paragraphs to avoid EULA talk)
We've all seen in a rewards chest "Vote for the server and be awesome!" and many of us remember the time when we recieved a cubelet and some experience from voting. Reward voting was removed as it was apparently against EULA in this thread back in August. Most people, especially myself, were extremely skeptical that this was true and after tons of searching for an official Mojang statement all I could find was a spigot mc thread where someone claimed they recieved an email from a Mojang employee stating that he could not reward players for voting on his server. Another thread I found stated that you can only reward either all players for voting or only reward cosmetics.

Well finally I believe I can prove this is not the case whatsoever! You may have noticed the "Official Minecraft Partner" seal at the bottom of the forums after the Better Together Update was announced. Well, one of the few servers that is also happens to be an Official Mincraft Partner and was showcased in the BTU announcement video has reward voting and not only that, but reward voting where you can get in-game advantages like kits. I highly doubt Microsoft would partner with a server that goes against their terms of service so voting rewards are not against EULA.

Hopefully with that I can get into my suggestion without people replying "This is against EULA!!!111!!1"

So I suggest that voting rewards should return with the original cubelet and 300 experience reward. Cubecraft could reward anything for voting but I don't think points or any in game advantage would be fun to deal with. Incentivizing voting has obvious benefits with more votes and advertising for the server so I think it would be a great addition.

@Snap you might be interested in this after suggesting to be less stingy with cubelets. :3

Thanks for reading! ♡
100% agreed. If it is a violation of the EULA, then offer vanity points instead :) They were basically made to bypass the EULA.

MClicious

Jun 13, 2016
CT
I used to vote for Cubecraft almost everyday, but then they STOPPED giving awards for voting.
So i stopped voting when i relized this

Reactions: Power Ranger

MClicious

Jun 13, 2016
CT
what does this have to do with adding it or not
just saying you don't vote kinda just shows net neutrality
no affermitive answer
so what is it?
If they want players to keep voting there should be an award.
My answer was very clear that if Cubecraft wanted more votes they would have to give us something in return
what was the confusing part?

MClicious

Jun 13, 2016
CT
English please? o_O

They're basically saying that they would vote if there was an incentive to do so. Otherwise, they wouldn't because it's a waste of their time.
yes this is what im saying
i would if I got rewarded which is why CC should add rewards for voting

Reactions: Sophie
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Top Bottom