Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Bring back voting rewards?

• Yes

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • New vote goal oriented rewards (soontm)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
If you give anything in return for voting for your server, such as “Vote tokens” or other items, the same restrictions apply as for hard currency.
This was the statement that caused cubecraft to remove voting rewards in August. The old voting rewards were 1 cubelets and 300 experience which could also be a daily gift or such for donators... but wait a second...
...the same restrictions apply as for hard currency.
This means that the old voting rewards were completely fine as it follows the same restrictions as for real money (hard currency) by being purely cosmetic. Experience gets you more glass colors and stuff and we all know what cubelets do. This means the old voting system could easily be brought back without cubecraft havingn any fear of being blacklisted.

Let's talk about what vote tokens were and why I believe voting to get in game advantages was removed. I like going onto various random servers other than cubecraft every now and then and I found a server that have out vote tokens. These vote tokens could give you donator ranks if you had 500-2000 of them (1 token per vote) so they used this to justify having their donator ranks have in game advantages (even though it is against the EULA to sell in game advantages regardless of whether or not regular players can get them.) This method probably annoyed mojang and to clear up confusion about having vote tokens as an easy way to avoid the Eula they released the statement above.

No real part of the minecraft EULA is specifically about voting but this may apply.
let other people get access to anything we've made in a way that is unfair or unreasonable;

Minecaft EULA

spigot thread on the topic

Reactions: Despacito 2

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
Rhe eula doesnt allow you to reward individual players for voting.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Rhe eula doesnt allow you to reward individual players for voting.
With in game advantages but if you read the quote you can stop give voters the same things you can give donators. No where in the EULA does it mention voting to reward individual players
I think that there should be just a server reward.

It's because of ^^

So, you can't give individual rewards but you can receive a server reward.
You may want to read this:
ONE MAJOR RULE

The one major rule is that you must not distribute anything we've made unless we specifically agree to it. By "distribute anything we've made" what we mean is:

give copies of our Game to anyone else;
make commercial use of anything we've made;
try to make money from anything we've made; or
let other people get access to anything we've made in a way that is unfair or unreasonable;
unless we specifically agree to it. And so that we are crystal clear, "the Game" or "what we have made" includes, but is not limited to, the client or the server software for our Game and includes Minecraft Pocket Edition on all platforms. It also includes updates, patches, downloadable content, add-ons, or modified versions of a Game, part of those things, or anything else we've made.

Otherwise we are quite relaxed about what you do - in fact we really encourage you to do cool stuff - but just don't do those things that we say you can't.
no where in there does it mention rewarding individual players and if it does then it doesn't say anything about voting meaning that all donations are against EULA as they reward individual players

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
This was the statement that caused cubecraft to remove voting rewards in August. The old voting rewards were 1 cubelets and 300 experience which could also be a daily gift or such for donators... but wait a second...

This means that the old voting rewards were completely fine as it follows the same restrictions as for real money (hard currency) by being purely cosmetic. Experience gets you more glass colors and stuff and we all know what cubelets do. This means the old voting system could easily be brought back without cubecraft havingn any fear of being blacklisted.

Let's talk about what vote tokens were and why I believe voting to get in game advantages was removed. I like going onto various random servers other than cubecraft every now and then and I found a server that have out vote tokens. These vote tokens could give you donator ranks if you had 500-2000 of them (1 token per vote) so they used this to justify having their donator ranks have in game advantages (even though it is against the EULA to sell in game advantages regardless of whether or not regular players can get them.) This method probably annoyed mojang and to clear up confusion about having vote tokens as an easy way to avoid the Eula they released the statement above.

No real part of the minecraft EULA is specifically about voting but this may apply.

Minecaft EULA

spigot thread on the topic
I don't think it should return, because if you think the server is great then you vote. You shouldn't vote if you don't like the sever, or if you don't think it deserves your vote.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

After coming back home after staying in the UK for a while, CubeCraft has became unplayable for me due to the region issue which is currently known and are being fixed as we speak, so I'll not be playing the server for the next few days due to this which upsets me because this is my favorite server. I understand your pain now guys
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thank you for everything soul
timinator582162 wrote on sussy_blocka's profile.
Player Rayhidst2014 was traveling about 3 times normal speed. also was floating and flying. This ruined a perfectly good four player bedwars game.
Today starts Giro d'Italia one of the biggest cycling races in the world and who do you think will win the general classification after 21 days of cycling?
Top Bottom