Should this be Implemented?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
This suggestion was inspired by THIS thread by @smteesvsei. Very short and simple idea:

Don't allow players to use the 10 Block Bridge for the first 3 minutes of the game, so that they cannot rush to someone's island and break their egg in a matter of seconds.

Why? A lot of people have complained, and I myself have also been bothered by it. The 10 block bridge is extremely easy to use for rushing, and I really don't think teams should be getting eliminated within 30 seconds of the game starting. It of course is nice that the bridge allows for faster and more dynamic games, but in some cases you can get to your enemy's island with two bridges, and that's excessively fast.

(The 3 minute rule can be modified if anyone thinks it's too much time. What is important is actually having a cooldown)

Edit: Why not increasing the prices? To allow for these bridges to be used frequently for the rest of the game. The idea is that the structures become an important part of EggWars, not just another feature no one ever uses.

Critly

Forum Expert
May 23, 2018
Poland but live in Belgium
I Agree! I was playing some Beta Egg Wars as well, the game just started it was like 20 seconds and my egg was already destroyed. Because of the mechanic bridge. (Or make it shorter then 10 blocks? for example 5?)

Reactions: Eli

Lime

Dedicated Member
Nov 17, 2015
I would definitely like to see some sort of cooldown. Though I indeed think 3 minutes is a bit too much. I think 1 minute would be perfect. Rushing will always happen in EggWars, but it shouldn’t be made that easy.
(Or make it shorter then 10 blocks? for example 5?)
5 blocks would be a waste of iron, especially for people who are able to speedbridge. A cooldown in the beginning of the game would be better. ;)

NotAName

Jun 12, 2015
Colombia
I agree with it being disabled for the first minutes, right now it's really easy to just get your egg destroyed almost instantly.
I also think that perhaps making it a bit more expensive would be great.

ElementThink

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The Netherlands
Great idea beta eggwars is now kinda like rush eggwars everyone is rushing each other in matter of seconds. So i agree. This will make the game more balanced and more fun:) so a +1 from me.

kristiankunc

Dedicated Member
Oct 4, 2016
kristn.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi, I think it is good for using getting fast to the middle so then it will lose its potential, I think some auto bridge barrier between islands for the first 1 minute for example. (my discussion post went a much farther than I expected)

Reactions: Technosword

East

Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2016
モンスターボール
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
It would be nice to see that you can't use it in the first 2/3 minutes in the game, because it's too easy to rush now. However I don't agree with the cooldown since you will have a bridge of 10 blocks and then you would have to wait for 10/15 seconds to continue or you have to build yourself, but switching from an automatic bridge to a manual build bridge might be annoying. Maybe a bit more expensive would help since the automatic bridges are ovepowered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

May the 4th be with you
SpringWarz wrote on Fesa's profile.
Stop complaining about people putting their names in bug reports, thank you!
Currently working on “New Skyblock Island” suggestion #7! It might be the most detailed one yet.
EpicShotz1432 wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday 🎉
EpicShotz1432 wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday 🎂
Top Bottom