Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should a player be able to destroy generators?

• Yes

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Yes but it should cost resources

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Don't know, don't care

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No, but if it were to be added it should cost resources

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters

mdk_chicken

Jul 8, 2014
I feel like a new dimension would be added to the game if a player is enabled to level generators down by destroying the respective block (or maybe sign).

Now before you head down to the reaction section, of course I realized that this would be breaking the game for the team who reached mid first could just end all other diamonds, this can easily be fixed by not letting generators go lower than lvl 1.

Another way of leveling down generators could be to add some sort of one-time use key in the shop which -of course- would've to cost a heck-of-a-lutta resources or something.

I think this idea could change the way eggwars is played completly, people probably will stay in mid longer and upgrade the gens there, just to level them down afterwards. This might be a first step on ending campers as much as possible.
Also this adds another objective to being on an enemy island, besides breaking eggs and killing enemies.

Let me know how you feel about this in the comments

Reactions: DaveyDa

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
A few months ago I was thinking the same as you. What if you could break generators? This will change the game and there will come a lot of new tactics.

Many people will wonder what then the benefit is for upgrading the generators. The people will also defend their generators and not just more their eggs.

On many maps should this nice for having, like maps that the diamonts generators are between the middle of the map and their island. To be honest, on the most maps will it be terrible.

On the most maps will people break their bridge and defending their generators and egg. Breaking some bridges and bowspamming as defending is the worst thing on earth.

Sorry, I was thinking in the same direction as you, but I realise that this isn't a good idea.

giesko

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2017
netherlands
A few months ago I was thinking the same as you. What if you could break generators? This will change the game and there will come a lot of new tactics.

Many people will wonder what then the benefit is for upgrading the generators. The people will also defend their generators and not just more their eggs.

On many maps should this nice for having, like maps that the diamonts generators are between the middle of the map and their island. To be honest, on the most maps will it be terrible.

On the most maps will people break their bridge and defending their generators and egg. Breaking some bridges and bowspamming as defending is the worst thing on earth.

Sorry, I was thinking in the same direction as you, but I realise that this isn't a good idea.
ur only thinking of the defending ways mayby people will play more agresive and then the whole game would be more fun

also there would be more points to protect/atack so campers have less change to camp 4ever and those people are just boring and bad. also it doesnt really matter there are already bridge breakers there wont come more or gona be less wit hthat notinh would matter

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Whats the point of upgrading a generator then down grading it?
^^
You upgrade a generator, you downgrade a generator and then you can gather enough tokens to upgrade the generator again. I see no point in this. Though, I do agree with the idea to be able to downgrade a generator from a different team.

giesko

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2017
netherlands
^^
You upgrade a generator, you downgrade a generator and then you can gather enough tokens to upgrade the generator again. I see no point in this, and I don't think many others do.
that ur a camper and dont see the other perspective is ur problem

this brings an other strategy to the game. now you can destroy ultra-campers (like you i think @iCheeetah ) with destroying there generators and make them weaker so you can stil destroy the egg and make the game faster

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands

this brings an other strategy to the game. now you can destroy ultra-campers (like you i think @iCheeetah ) with destroying there generators and make them weaker so you can stil destroy the egg and make the game faster
I'm a camper? Don't make me laugh please.

Also, since I didn't read very carefully, I do agree with the idea to be able to downgrade a generator of a different team.

A

A pigeon

Same . I actually love this idea , had the same idea a few months ago actually. It's be quite funny , espacially since whenever I play eggwars I do the silliest things as there is no competetion in the game , kinda easy tbh.

ᴀᴜsᴛɪɴ

Novice Member
Jun 5, 2017
Canada, BC,
I feel like a new dimension would be added to the game if a player is enabled to level generators down by destroying the respective block (or maybe sign).

Now before you head down to the reaction section, of course I realized that this would be breaking the game for the team who reached mid first could just end all other diamonds, this can easily be fixed by not letting generators go lower than lvl 1.

Another way of leveling down generators could be to add some sort of one-time use key in the shop which -of course- would've to cost a heck-of-a-lutta resources or something.

I think this idea could change the way eggwars is played completly, people probably will stay in mid longer and upgrade the gens there, just to level them down afterwards. This might be a first step on ending campers as much as possible.
Also this adds another objective to being on an enemy island, besides breaking eggs and killing enemies.

Let me know how you feel about this in the comments
Cool idea, Im gonna have to go with @Betelgeuse_The_Star (Also @Rigel_The_Star ) And say No, Theres no point of being able to upgrade a generator and then downgrade it, Also, Players are probably gonna abuse it because your teamates can upgrade the diamond gen, Then you could just downgrade it, Sorry for me it's a NO,
Thanks!
-FactionsAustin,

mdk_chicken

Jul 8, 2014
Cool idea, Im gonna have to go with @Betelgeuse_The_Star (Also @Rigel_The_Star ) And say No, Theres no point of being able to upgrade a generator and then downgrade it, Also, Players are probably gonna abuse it because your teamates can upgrade the diamond gen, Then you could just downgrade it, Sorry for me it's a NO,
Thanks!
-FactionsAustin,
Well, haven't thought of it that way, but you're right it would be annoying. Point is; stuff like that is already going on in team skywars with lava buckets. It's going to be abused, but what isn't?

Additionaly, it's not like you're supposed to downgrade your own teams generators, this strategy is ment to be applied against enemies and maybe to slow gathering process in mid

ᴀᴜsᴛɪɴ

Novice Member
Jun 5, 2017
Canada, BC,
Well, haven't thought of it that way, but you're right it would be annoying. Point is; stuff like that is already going on in team skywars with lava buckets. It's going to be abused, but what isn't?

Additionaly, it's not like you're supposed to downgrade your own teams generators, this strategy is ment to be applied against enemies and maybe to slow gathering process in mid
Yes, But if you like trolling teamates ( @TheFyrePharaoh ) Then you will downgrade the gens to level like 1 or no level :)

mdk_chicken

Jul 8, 2014
Sorry, like @Betelgeuse_The_Star I just don't understand the use of this function I mean it costs resources to up it, why downgrading it?
I forgot wheter or not I replied to you yet, but the point isn't to downgrade your generators, it's for you to be able to downgrade other teams generators, which means that they'll have to protect their eggs and their generators, which, on maps like space or beach, will be hard, considering the distance between the diamond gen and egg.

This way, it would add more of a challenge to eggwars, for you no longer have just one egg which you need to protect, also a few generators. Destroying other teams gens would give your team a huge advantage in the long run.

mdk_chicken

Jul 8, 2014
Yes, But if you like trolling teamates ( @TheFyrePharaoh ) Then you will downgrade the gens to level like 1 or no level :)
Well... first of all, I already mentioned you shouldn't be able to downgrade gens to lvl 0, because that would just straight up break the game.
Secondly, teammates who are trolling in eggwars are already able to do so. Using TNT or efficiency 8 pickaxes. To me, what you're saying, pratically means that TNT and pickaxes should also be removed from the game (sorry if this seems blunt, it isn't ment to do so)

Reactions: A pigeon
Aug 30, 2017
Orion constellation
Yes you can use it to sabotage enemy teams but that just leads to suicide rushes solely for the purpose of making the enemy team waste 35-25 diamonds. Which is going to be even more annoying than egg abusers (those who like to abuse the fact that they have an egg and jump off a bridge only to take you down with them). Also, its going to be the jackpot for team trollers, because as so as you get your precious diamond generator to level three your teammate is going to downgrade it. Is that really worth being able to use this for strategical purposes?

Reactions: ᴀᴜsᴛɪɴ

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
tell me this
someone is farming diamonds on their diamond gen
okay so they are camping?
quite frankly most maps have a diamond gen not in line sight of the usual bridge
even if you for some reason consider that camping
how would this change that at all
camping entails players waiting for someone to come across a bridge so they get an advantage to kill them
that means that this has nothing to do with camping and this wouldn't even reduce your version of camping either because once again to downgrade a generator which they are literally going to just upgrade immediately afterward, does require you to be at their island to actually downgrade it
if you are being camped than how the actual heck are you going to downgrade that generator?
the only map this would work for is Pizza which has diamond gens nowhere on the islands but instead on the sub-middles

Anyways as for my thoughts
there is no reason at all
As I just said above it isn't really strategic if you can't do it unless you are there and in most cases they can upgrade their generators back anyways also as said above people would downgrade their own team's generators in an attempt to team troll and even break the teams own generators so no thank you

mdk_chicken

Jul 8, 2014
tell me this
someone is farming diamonds on their diamond gen
okay so they are camping?
quite frankly most maps have a diamond gen not in line sight of the usual bridge
even if you for some reason consider that camping
how would this change that at all
camping entails players waiting for someone to come across a bridge so they get an advantage to kill them
that means that this has nothing to do with camping and this wouldn't even reduce your version of camping either because once again to downgrade a generator which they are literally going to just upgrade immediately afterward, does require you to be at their island to actually downgrade it
if you are being camped than how the actual heck are you going to downgrade that generator?
the only map this would work for is Pizza which has diamond gens nowhere on the islands but instead on the sub-middles

Anyways as for my thoughts
there is no reason at all
As I just said above it isn't really strategic if you can't do it unless you are there and in most cases they can upgrade their generators back anyways also as said above people would downgrade their own team's generators in an attempt to team troll and even break the teams own generators so no thank you
I get where you're coming from, but this game mechanic would definitley influence the gameplay in an I think positive way. Definitley on maps like Pizza, Beach and Space since the dia gens can easily be captured and downgraded by other teams, adding a new place for defensive need

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I get where you're coming from, but this game mechanic would definitley influence the gameplay in an I think positive way. Definitley on maps like Pizza, Beach and Space since the dia gens can easily be captured and downgraded by other teams, adding a new place for defensive need
pizza and beach are the only 2 maps that apply
space over here takes in hardcore 5 iron to get to at most

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

BurgerCat13 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy bday
@Camezonda happy birthday.

You can't stop me because your page is private or something
Basketman wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday
Top Bottom