Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
Sure! You’ll be able to play it as soon as it’s back as the featured game.
Yawn, I'll give it another 4 months. Oh yeah, featured games aren't really working out btw. Only 1 out of the 6 or what ever number of featured games became permanent. Too bad blockwars was apparently "not successful". Definitely didn't beat parkour or Tower Defense

Reactions: God.

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Yawn, I'll give it another 4 months. Oh yeah, featured games aren't really working out btw. Only 1 out of the 6 or what ever number of featured games became permanent. Too bad blockwars was apparently "not successful". Definitely didn't beat parkour or Tower Defense
Featured games won’t always be 14 days in the future. Also, MinerWare was added back is it was that type of minigame that users would pop into sometimes after other games. MinerWare was not added back because of the features game stage it had. Parkour wasn’t removed as that game is unique to the rest of the others and does not rely on other players to play on it for people to have fun. And tower defence wasn’t removed as it had a higher user count than MinerWare and BlockWars.

Reactions: Mecha_San

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Featured games won’t always be 14 days in the future. Also, MinerWare was added back is it was that type of minigame that users would pop into sometimes after other games. MinerWare was not added back because of the features game stage it had. Parkour wasn’t removed as that game is unique to the rest of the others and does not rely on other players to play on it for people to have fun. And tower defence wasn’t removed as it had a higher user count than MinerWare and BlockWars.
But Blockwars players shouldn't just be left out because their favourite game is the "wrong type" of gamemode. It has a sustained player base who often buy ranks just for voting on Blockwars as it has fun modifiers. The game is calmer and less competitive than games like SkyWars in most cases so does a great job at giving players a "chill" place to play. It doesn't really cost to bring it back and only serves to make people more happy.

Reactions: GalacticAC

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
But Blockwars players shouldn't just be left out because their favourite game is the "wrong type" of gamemode. It has a sustained player base who often buy ranks just for voting on Blockwars as it has fun modifiers. The game is calmer and less competitive than games like SkyWars in most cases so does a great job at giving players a "chill" place to play. It doesn't really cost to bring it back and only serves to make people more happy.
You can apply what you're saying to all of the featured games, the Arcade games and Survival Games etc. It isn't just BlockWars which is having the restriction of being featured. When BlockWars was a permanent gamemode, I didn't see its player count go over 100 players most days, so it was benched with the rest of the other games. You may say that Parkour or MinerWare don't get over 100 players so why are they permanent, that's because they are unique from the other games. Parkour doesn't need players to allow other people to play it, and MinerWare is that type of game that people will join after a couple of games of SkyWars or EggWars. BlockWars wasn't removed remember, it will return again in the future. Also, adding any mini-game back does have a cost, either from the servers that it will be hosted on or the developer time to add the game back, as a business, there is not any value into adding the game back permanently. Sorry to say.

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
You can apply what you're saying to all of the featured games, the Arcade games and Survival Games etc. It isn't just BlockWars which is having the restriction of being featured. When BlockWars was a permanent gamemode, I didn't see its player count go over 100 players most days, so it was benched with the rest of the other games. You may say that Parkour or MinerWare don't get over 100 players so why are they permanent, that's because they are unique from the other games. Parkour doesn't need players to allow other people to play it, and MinerWare is that type of game that people will join after a couple of games of SkyWars or EggWars. BlockWars wasn't removed remember, it will return again in the future. Also, adding any mini-game back does have a cost, either from the servers that it will be hosted on or the developer time to add the game back, as a business, there is not any value into adding the game back permanently. Sorry to say.

Blockwars could also be considered unique within the area of pvp based games. Eggwars, Skywars and Lucky Islands and Survival Games all have elimination style gameplay, where once you are out, you are out, while Blockwars has a respawn mechanic the entirety of a game. Blockwars is very friendly to new players as there is less of a harsh punishment for death and so allows them to improve their pvp skills ( as I and many others did ) without having to wait for a new game when they die or without the toxic atmosphere of FFA. On top of that, Blockwars style games are no where to be found on other servers, so if capitalised on in the future, Blockwars can grow a lot and can be used as a strong selling point.

On the point of it still being a featured game, there are countless players that only go on the server just for Blockwars. If many people are still making and supporting threads about Blockwars being made permanent, they are obviously passionate about it. And if people can only access the game 2/3 times a year or even less when single arcade games or only the solo variant is being featured, it's really not the same thing as being able to play it every day.

I don't like to constantly go over it but Blockwars was really something special to me and others and it's just a massive shame to see it go, and cubecraft isn't the same without it.

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
it will be a featured game forever?

GalacticAC

Novice Member
Jul 25, 2018
When I'm online (bot peak and non-peak hour and at both start and end of 10 days) blockwars have a pretty good player count (probably on of the best featured games)
and i doubt if adding a kit is that difficult

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

BurgerCat13 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy bday
@Camezonda happy birthday.

You can't stop me because your page is private or something
Basketman wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday
Top Bottom