Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What changes would you like to see in Blockwars?

• The changes for Capture The Flag (CTF)

• Some of the new kits for CTF

• Blockwars Capture The Zone - Domination

• Blockwars Core (4 v 4 v 4 v 4)

• Blockwars Bridges

• I don't like this, i'm sorry!

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member 347571

Introduction - Blockwars

Hello everyone, i am making this thread because i think Blockwars needs some changes to make the game more enjoyable for players, the game has a lot of potential to be a really good game but that is sadly not what it is right now. I will try to give some suggestions that people have been asking for and told me to put in this thread. I hope we could make Blockwars great again like the old times since it is just a really good game when it gets some love. Most of these suggestions can be added into bedrock aswell!

The first thing that comes in my mind when i think about Blockwars are the kits, some of them are way to strong which is actually pretty annoying if the enemies know how to use these kits. The other kits are basically not used at all & to weak to actually use in the game. Making new kits will basically give the game more variation, every game will be unique and games will be very strategic. I will give some examples.

Debuffs
  • Builder needs to be nerfed, you can basically jump in the void and respawn with 5 new blocks every 6-7 seconds which will cause a lot of camping. A solution for this would be to get a block every 15 seconds for example so you can't spam builder the whole game.
  • As ninja you can get invisible, the time you can be invisible should be a bit shorter and the waiting time to go invisible again should be increased.
  • Archer should start with 10 arrows and get a new arrow every 10 seconds, this would be a small solution to nerf the kit since it is a very overpowered kit.
  • This one is debatable but jumper could get a nerf from by giving it jumpboost 2 instead of 3 or giving it jumpboost 2 instead of 3 after taking the flag. Also giving it falldamage would be better in my opinion.
Buffs
  • Give medic regeneration and a small armor buff since you get killed easily.
  • This might sound really stupid but tank could get a stone pickaxe, you will basically have 2 pickaxes, if you hold the wooden pickaxe then you won't have slowness. This basically helps a lot because you could block arrows from archers for your team.
  • Miner that could see trapblocks would be logical, the miner could defuse the traps from enemy teams and replace it in another to help your own defence & team.
  • Viper should also have an armor buff and a decrease of the cooldown to 15 seconds, another possibility is giving it a potion of harming and a black helmet so it could be renamed to 'Witch'
  • Giving summoner a stone sword and a decrease of the cooldown to 25 seconds would be a good buff.
These are all just examples, everyone might have different idea's or solutions, this is just my own opinion, i have also thought about adding some kits, i will try to explain how they would work. Not every kit needs to be added but these are just some examples. All of them are pretty unique and have an important function.

New Kits
  • Lumberjack, it has a wooden axe, full leather armor, a wooden axe and a bow with 3 arrows it is a kit that can be used to defend but also to attack and defend the person who is holding the flag since it does a lot of damage. The lumberjack boost gives you an adrenaline boost of speed 1 every 20 seconds.
  • Vampire, you regain a lot of your HP when making a kill, it has a leather chestplate but resistance 1, speed 1 and a wooden pickaxe.
  • Assasin, no falldamage, you regain an arrow when killing someone, you can only hold 5 arrows at once, you have a chain chestplate and leather boots and leggings.
  • Leaper who can float when falling down and leap over walls evere 15 seconds. it has leather leggings and a leather chestplace with a wooden sword & wooden pickaxe. with one arrow.
  • Snowman which has snowballs that slows people down and explodes after getting killed (snow explosion) snowballs would deal damage and if you walk on the snow around the explosion then it will slow you down too.
  • Pyromaniac is also a kit that could be added but it might be to op since it would have fire aspect for example.
Blockwars CTZ - Capture The Zone

For the people that love Control Point and remember the game, this would work the same. In the middle there would be a spot that you need to control, it would be 10x10 or bigger. it looks like archer assault aswell but more like Control point. This game can work in multiple ways, you could add a point closer to red and one closer to blue which means you have to get 100% in both of them, if one person of your team is in the point then your percent will start going up. There will not be a ninja in this since it would be to op. Kits will be revamped so it will be an unique playtyle and enjoyable and the maps will look different!

Blockwars Core

Core is pretty boring right now, Cubecraft did a good job by changing the health to 15 but you basically do the same every game over and over. but what if you would make it 4 v 4 v 4 v 4 and give the game less kits, 7 core health for every team. If you core gets destroyed then you can get eliminated by getting killed. If the last person alive is in team Blue then team blue wins. There will be less kits but it would be more intense. Ninja would also be removed in this game because it would be to op. You can't break the map but place blocks at the start or with builder & miner and pick blocks of after bombing the enemy. The maps would be way smaller ofcourse.

Blockwars Bridges

Bridges is a good game but i think it's a copy of hypixel what i would do is make it 1 v 1 and add a ranking system to it so you can basically play for leaderboard and for a higher ranking, this means you will face better players when performing good. 7-10 pits would be enough to win the game. It's not a big addition but i think it would be better like this. For teams it would be harder to make a ranked system so i suggest to add winstreaks and 15 pits to complete a game.

Since a better auto balance is already suggested 2 times now i won't mention it in this thread but i do want to say that to play the game would be really nice since new players do not know what to do most of the times. Let me know if you agree or disagree with me, i will be reading all the comments and respond to them as soon as possible! Thank you! <3

Last edited by a moderator:

Naitzirch

Nov 12, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Idk about the changes but for BlockWars Bridges I'd like to say that the fact that most of your team leaves the moment they start to lose half of the time is really annoying and something should defenitely be done about this.

D

Deleted member 347571

Idk about the changes but for BlockWars Bridges I'd like to say that the fact that most of your team leaves the moment they start t o lose half of the time is really annoying and something should defenitely be done about this.
Maybe they should give some sort of punishment like -100 points for leaving like that, /rejoin if you crashed or got kicked for example so you won't lose points for no reason. You would see like a message that could be "Are you sure you want to leave".

D

Deleted member 347571

I really like the domination idea, would be a pretty epic add-on to cubecraft.
Yea i used to play Control point too so it.would be really fun to play Domination, imagi'e in the map cactus that you remove the big cactus in the middle and make the point you need to dominate in that place.

Vindicatør

Sep 29, 2020
the Woodland Mansion
minecraft.fandom.com
Idk about the changes but for BlockWars Bridges I'd like to say that the fact that most of your team leaves the moment they start to lose half of the time is really annoying and something should defenitely be done about this.
I’m kind of one of those people LMAO, but I agree that something should be done about it.

D

Deleted member 347571

I love these ideas! Just one thing, the Lumberjack Kit seems a bit too powerful. It could already kill every other kit in 2-3 crits except for Tank. Either it should have full leather + wooden axe without the buff, or it should have the adrenaline buff but with slightly less armor (no more than 6 armor points/3 armor bars).
Hmm, yeah you could be right. Just thought it would be fun to have abilities for some kits. Maybe full leather without a helmet?

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Ok I'm gonna say which one's of these ideas should be added to Cubecraft bedrock and add on to them

For the people that love Control Point and remember the game, this would work the same. In the middle there would be a spot that you need to control, it would be 10x10 or bigger. it looks like archer assault aswell but more like Control point. This game can work in multiple ways, you could add a point closer to red and one closer to blue which means you have to get 100% in both of them, if one person of your team is in the point then your percent will start going up. There will not be a ninja in this since it would be to op. Kits will be revamped so it will be an unique playtyle and enjoyable and the maps will look different!
This would be a great addition to the bedrock network, as well as the java network. A small suggestion for this on bedrock would be to have kits in this gamemode, and not have everyone using the same gear.

Core is pretty boring right now, Cubecraft did a good job by changing the health to 15 but you basically do the same every game over and over. but what if you would make it 4 v 4 v 4 v 4 and give the game less kits, 7 core health for every team. If you core gets destroyed then you can get eliminated by getting killed. If the last person alive is in team Blue then team blue wins. There will be less kits but it would be more intense. Ninja would also be removed in this game because it would be to op. You can't break the map but place blocks at the start or with builder & miner and pick blocks of after bombing the enemy. The maps would be way smaller ofcourse.
This is a pretty good suggestion, but would need some adaptations to fit into bedrock. First core health could be changed to 10 instead of 7. And second would be to add iron, like in CTF and bridges. And thirdly the gear that everyone gets could be;
1. A stone sword.
2. Full leather armor died to your teams colour.
3. A stone pickaxe
4. A stone axe
5. 8 sticks(for crafting with iron)
6. 48 terracotta died to your teams colour (only in the building period)
7. 24 oak planks(only in building period)

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her

What would be the fate of archer assault after this.

PsychoMoon

Jun 2, 2020
Sweden
Introduction - Blockwars

Hello everyone, i am making this thread because i think Blockwars needs some changes to make the game more enjoyable for players, the game has a lot of potential to be a really good game but that is sadly not what it is right now. I will try to give some suggestions that people have been asking for and told me to put in this thread. I hope we could make Blockwars great again like the old times since it is just a really good game when it gets some love. Most of these suggestions can be added into bedrock aswell!

The first thing that comes in my mind when i think about Blockwars are the kits, some of them are way to strong which is actually pretty annoying if the enemies know how to use these kits. The other kits are basically not used at all & to weak to actually use in the game. Making new kits will basically give the game more variation, every game will be unique and games will be very strategic. I will give some examples.

Debuffs
  • Builder needs to be nerfed, you can basically jump in the void and respawn with 5 new blocks every 6-7 seconds which will cause a lot of camping. A solution for this would be to get a block every 15 seconds for example so you can't spam builder the whole game.
  • As ninja you can get invisible, the time you can be invisible should be a bit shorter and the waiting time to go invisible again should be increased.
  • Archer should start with 10 arrows and get a new arrow every 10 seconds, this would be a small solution to nerf the kit since it is a very overpowered kit.
  • This one is debatable but jumper could get a nerf from by giving it jumpboost 2 instead of 3 or giving it jumpboost 2 instead of 3 after taking the flag. Also giving it falldamage would be better in my opinion.
Buffs
  • This might sound really stupid but tank could get a stone pickaxe, you will basically have 2 pickaxes, if you hold the wooden pickaxe then you won't have slowness. This basically helps a lot because you could block arrows from archers for your team.
  • Miner that could see trapblocks would be logical, the miner could defuse the traps from enemy teams and replace it in another to help your own defence & team.
  • Viper should also have an armor buff and a decrease of the cooldown to 15 seconds, another possibility is giving it a potion of harming and a black helmet so it could be renamed to 'Witch'
  • Giving summoner a stone sword and a decrease of the cooldown to 25 seconds would be a good buff.
These are all just examples, everyone might have different idea's or solutions, this is just my own opinion, i have also thought about adding some kits, i will try to explain how they would work. Not every kit needs to be added but these are just some examples. All of them are pretty unique and have an important function.

New Kits
  • Lumberjack, it has a wooden axe, full leather armor, a wooden axe and a bow with 3 arrows it is a kit that can be used to defend but also to attack and defend the person who is holding the flag since it does a lot of damage. The lumberjack boost gives you an adrenaline boost of speed 1 every 20 seconds.
  • Vampire, you regain a lot of your HP when making a kill, it has a leather chestplate but resistance 1, speed 1 and a wooden pickaxe.
  • Assasin, no falldamage, you regain an arrow when killing someone, you can only hold 5 arrows at once, you have a chain chestplate and leather boots and leggings.
  • Leaper who can float when falling down and leap over walls evere 15 seconds. it has leather leggings and a leather chestplace with a wooden sword & wooden pickaxe. with one arrow.
  • Snowman which has snowballs that slows people down and explodes after getting killed (snow explosion) snowballs would deal damage and if you walk on the snow around the explosion then it will slow you down too.
  • Pyromaniac is also a kit that could be added but it might be to op since it would have fire aspect for example.

Blockwars Core

Blockwars Bridges

Bridges is a good game but i think it's a copy of hypixel what i would do is make it 1 v 1 and add a ranking system to it so you can basically play for leaderboard and for a higher ranking, this means you will face better players when performing good. 7-10 pits would be enough to win the game. It's not a big addition but i think it would be better like this. For teams it would be harder to make a ranked system so i suggest to add winstreaks and 15 pits to complete a game.

Since a better auto balance is already suggested 2 times now i won't mention it in this thread but i do want to say that to play the game would be really nice since new players do not know what to do most of the times. Let me know if you agree or disagree with me, i will be reading all the comments and respond to them as soon as possible! Thank you! <3
domination is actually a really good idea

_mightykiwi

Mar 14, 2021
John's Kiwi Farm
www.zespri.com
Introduction - Blockwars

Debuffs
Buffs

New Kits

Blockwars Core

Blockwars Bridges

Honestly?
I think this would be a perfect update, it would make Blockwars popular again. all the new gamemodes that you mentioned seem great but I think a lot needs to change about Blockwars Bridges in general.

You got my vote!

Jiivan

Dedicated Member
Sep 3, 2018
Catalonia
Hello,
I can definitely agree with almost all things you have said in this thread. A good blockwars update should come in handy, making the game more enjoyable and more balanced. I don't play Blockwars that often, meaning I don't understand that much about Blockwars kits since I only use the standard kit when I play. But, looking at all the debuffs and buffs you said, it looks like there will be more balancing within kits. Of course, everyone can have different opinions about this... but one thing is clear: a kits re-balancing is needed.
And for the new game that you are suggesting, Blockwars Capture the Zone, it's sounds interesting. I have never played or heard about Control point, but it looks fun.

Lyriie

Sr. Mod
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Mar 31, 2018
To be honest, BlockWars already has a lot of kits. I know that some of the long-time players want to see more kits because of variation, but someone who is new to the game will likely struggle to understand the strategies and new kits will make this even more difficult.

As for "Capture the Zone", I prefer the first option because I think that having more than one zone to capture would make the game take too long. I do have some questions about the mechanics though - would one person from the enemy team standing on the zone stop the progress of it being captured, or would it progress for both teams? Also, what changes could be made to the game for overtime in this mode?

D

Deleted member 347571

The 4v4v4v4 could be a nice addition for every bw mode not just the core one 👀
Besides that I agree with most of your suggestions except the bridges one, but that's because I don't really play bridges a lot
4 teams would be harder for CTF but i think it might be possible for bridges.

D

Deleted member 347571

I don't agree with the bridges changes. A better idea would be to just add a 1v1 bridges gamemode, with 10 pits to win.
These bridges changes so the best people will face other good people and they will have something to play for except the leaderboard. 10 pits in 1v1 could be possible.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom