• Poll closed .

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
I'm sure EVERY BlockWars player hates this,

Autobalance.

Now before we start I want to mention I have NO problems with the idea of balancing teams.
But if you decide to add an autobalance feature, I beg you only add it PRE-GAME.

There is absolutely nothing worse then getting moved to the losing team mid-game as you're winning.
It's even more lame when this happens when you play with friends.

''We want to make sure it stays fun for every player. Just getting 6v2'd isn't fun.''
I understand you want every player to enjoy Cubecraft but this isn't the way to do it.
Hey 4 people are losing to a team of 6! Let's make their problem your problem using autobalance!
Now will not only 4 people lose and not enjoy the game but a 5th person of the winning team will lose aswell!

Also, why in the world do you guys think it should be kept?
Do ANY other Team-Modes have this feature? No, and thank god they don't have.
But it's still pretty weird as all Team-Games are simular,

In Survival Games you help your team mates by killing enemies and giving them gear.
In SkyWars you help them kill enemies and give them supplies aswell
In EggWars you upgrade generators helping your entire team in general.
In UHC you help killing enemies and giving your team supplies, etc.

What's simular to BlockWars? In BlockWars you assist your entire team by killing. You assist them by blowing up / mining defences to open up a way for your team with the Ninja kit.

Let's just not add AB to other Team-Modes but BlockWars because it's an unpopular gamemode!

TL;DR
- AutoBalance just makes another person lose / not enjoy the game
- AutoBalance only should be applied PRE-GAME
- BlockWars is simular to all other Team-modes when it comes down to assisting your team
- Or just remove it in general

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Absolutely no idea why this is still a thing, especially considering the mass opposition to it that existed when the game was first released. Autobalance is a great concept, but should only be applied pre-game, as you have said.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
I dont like ot either, when i play with my friends or family we keep getting changed in tems which is annoying when it is going so well and then have to attack each other which is not what we want.
I understand aswell that its to make it more balanced and stuff but Eggwars doesnt have it, you can play a game of Eggwars and be 4v1 but the teams doesnt change.

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
I've never played blockwars, but this sounds like a feature that was not correctly implemented. I agree that it needs to be changed to only apply pre-game.

My idea of how this can be implemented would be that no team would have more than 1 player more than another team. This would mean that upon joining a game, a person would be forced to choose a team (the team can be changed), and the teams would always be as balanced as possible.

One thing I would actually like to see, especially, is for this to be implemented in all team games. It may be a bit annoying to some people, but it keeps the teams balanced, and prevents things like the 2v10 I had the other day in eggwars.

Reactions: Thibo_Skillzz

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I would play Block Wars if Autobalance wasn't a feature. They definitely need to remove or improve that.

For example:
You're the MVP of your team but due to rebalance you get moved to the opposite team which is, because of you, loosing. That makes no sense. You practically wasted time stealing flags or destroying the core. All for nothing.

I'm not sure how this could be improved. So best solution is simply to remove this feature.

Reactions: ElPtricko

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
Absolutely no idea why this is still a thing, especially considering the mass opposition to it that existed when the game was first released. Autobalance is a great concept, but should only be applied pre-game, as you have said.
Becasue either the admins are ignoring the suggestions forum, they're reactionary, or they're coming up with lame excuses to keep it.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Agree with it. You can hear no one crying if the last persons at skywars are 2 teams that excist out of 1 team with 6 persons and 1 team out of 1 person or whatever game you're playing.

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
I got a hint. When u see that there is reebalancing, make sure u DONT die! It works! :p
That's not really easy when you are surrounded by 2+ people (when you have just a few HP left) and there is no escape.

I do this all the time when I get the chance. I just have to abandon my team just not to get autobalanced.
This means I just let my team die, I will stop mining enemy blocks, stop trying to reach the core for my own will.

Thibo_Skillzz

Mar 7, 2017
a place in Belgium
Or wait, they can add a feature!
So, the first person who joins has the less chance to get rebalanced and the last person who joined has the most chance to get rebalanced.
Isn't that a good idea?

For example a team with 12 people
(J = Join)

J1 1% to get rebalanced
J2 2% to get rebalanced
J3 3% to get rebalanced
J4 4% to get rebalanced
J5 5% to get rebalanced
J6 6% to get rebalanced
J7 7% to get rebalanced
J8 8% to get rebalanced
J9 9% to get rebalanced
J10 10% to get rebalanced
J11 11% to get rebalanced
J12 12% to get rebalanced

May this is a good solution?

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Still don't know why this is still a thing, sometimes, I'm playing with friends, we're winning and than my brother got moved to the losing team..
Well, I hope you guys didn't had this problem much but it's really annoying.
+1.

Reactions: Thibo_Skillzz

QBunny

Apr 12, 2017
I got a hint. When u see that there is reebalancing, make sure u DONT die! It works! :p
One problem with that, one time I was attacking the core of the enemy team and a player on the other team left and I got balanced over cause everyone was on me.

QBunny

Apr 12, 2017
I give this a +1. I would like to see it in a pre-game not during the whole game.

WikkieDDG

Feb 22, 2017
Yeah, I also agree with that. It's not fun when you're winning and you're getting replaced to an other team mid-game. Cause you probably tried very hard to win the game and then you're replaxed to an other team that didn't done anything.

Thibo_Skillzz

Mar 7, 2017
a place in Belgium
But isn't this a good idea??

For example a team with 12 people
(J = Join)

J1 1% to get rebalanced
J2 2% to get rebalanced
J3 3% to get rebalanced
J4 4% to get rebalanced
J5 5% to get rebalanced
J6 6% to get rebalanced
J7 7% to get rebalanced
J8 8% to get rebalanced
J9 9% to get rebalanced
J10 10% to get rebalanced
J11 11% to get rebalanced
J12 12% to get rebalanced

May this is a good solution?

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Reesle wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Congrats on 4.5K reaction score!! 🎉✨
Top Bottom