Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReZort

Feb 15, 2022
#🤝︱community・corner
Pronouns
He/Him
Well-well-well, it’s already 21 days since developers added the ability to join games in progress. What did it bring?
In most cases, you must play with team who loses
We all understand feelings of players who lose because someone leave from the game, but why the normal players should suffer? We want to play in normal full-time games with equal points for both teams.
Rank havers can’t select the mode and play in the map they want

Matchmaking make the most players join games in progress, so you can’t just select and play map you wish.
And because the same issue, rank havers can’t select the modes for game like Overpowered or Speed boost. First of all we paid for BlockWars Rank for mode and map selection. Because the matchmaking you can’t just use your rank fully, all you have is a loot.

Giga Bridges
Bridges is very fast in the original concept of the game, scoring at the opponent team’s goal with of 50 people is almost unrealistic, it spoils the sense of speed of this mode. In addition, the game lasts a very long time. It wouldn't be a good argument if not for all the matches in Giga Bridges were very long and if we weren't talking about Bridges. You have created the stillborn game because of ruining mode’s concept, so it shouldn't come out of the beta test and release.
Listen community and your focus groups!
I’m not the member of BlockWars Focus Group, so the charges below may not be true.
When person suggest to delete the ability to join games in progress in Discord’s feedback forum, one member of BlockWars Focus Group said that most of members think this ability is weird and it should be removed, but developers don’t listen them. For what you make the focus groups if you don’t want to listen opinions of community and focus groups as well? I also saw several ideas regarding the removal of this system and the reaction under them said that the community agrees with the removal of this ability. I won't suggest to remove this ability now, because you're already ignoring us lol, just know that this approach on your part kills entire games.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Listen community and your focus groups!
I’m not the member of BlockWars Focus Group, so the charges below may not be true.
When person suggest to delete the ability to join games in progress in Discord’s feedback forum, one member of BlockWars Focus Group said that most of members think this ability is weird and it should be removed, but developers don’t listen them. For what you make the focus groups if you don’t want to listen opinions of community and focus groups as well? I also saw several ideas regarding the removal of this system and the reaction under them said that the community agrees with the removal of this ability. I won't suggest to remove this ability now, because you're already ignoring us lol, just know that this approach on your part kills entire games.
I have already responded very heavily to the focus group in a thread but many of them are repeating their initial points so there is nothing else for me to respond to.

Our data does suggest this has been beneficial to the game, we've seen player upticks in both peak and off-peak despite the edition of Giga which naturally would spread the players thinner.

Listening to the community is all well and fine but data is factual, if player playtime is longer, both peaks are higher and BlockWars has overtaken other games in popularity permanently then there is little discussion to be had.

If we can keep the system and enact changes that will make both parties happy without losing our benefits then we can discuss that. But full removal? It's not up for debate.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I have already responded very heavily to the focus group in a thread but many of them are repeating their initial points so there is nothing else for me to respond to.

Our data does suggest this has been beneficial to the game, we've seen player upticks in both peak and off-peak despite the edition of Giga which naturally would spread the players thinner.

Listening to the community is all well and fine but data is factual, if player playtime is longer, both peaks are higher and BlockWars has overtaken other games in popularity permanently then there is little discussion to be had.

If we can keep the system and enact changes that will make both parties happy without losing our benefits then we can discuss that. But full removal? It's not up for debate.
I think you should give players the option to decide whether they want to be put into new games or not. Set it as activated by default, but give us the choice to decide what we want to do, as it may heavily impact the game experience.

WiggedWigg

Aug 2, 2021
België
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him

The playtime is longer because queing takes longer. Before the queing change it took around 30-45 between queing and game starting. Now it takes around 1min - 1:30 min. The popularity is true for giga blockwars. But for ctf and bridges it went down by hunderds of players.

WiggedWigg

Aug 2, 2021
België
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him

For a system that would keep both parties happy should be removing mid game joining imo. Mid game joining is for the players annoying cuz they have missed the first 30 seconds of a game. And for you its less profitable cuz the players spend less time in game cuz of the shorter game then and most likely leave because they join a team thats already losing.

small bob 294

Novice Member
May 15, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
I think giga bridges is fine. It’s not doing any harm by existing, as you can just leave and wait for a CTF game to open up. I do agree that it’s a bit slow, but that’s what happens when there are 100 people in a single server, so it was within my expectations to see long rounds.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
The playtime is longer because queing takes longer. Before the queing change it took around 30-45 between queing and game starting. Now it takes around 1min - 1:30 min. The popularity is true for giga blockwars. But for ctf and bridges it went down by hunderds of players.
Playtime only accounts for game started time, not queue times.

For a system that would keep both parties happy should be removing mid game joining imo. Mid game joining is for the players annoying cuz they have missed the first 30 seconds of a game. And for you its less profitable cuz the players spend less time in game cuz of the shorter game then and most likely leave because they join a team thats already losing.
There are a lot of unprovable generalizations here based on anecdotes that don't use data. Any response to this would be word against word as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: Reesle

WiggedWigg

Aug 2, 2021
België
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
There are a lot of unprovable generalizations here based on anecdotes that don't use data. Any response to this would be word against word as far as I'm concerned.
But why add mid game joining tho? If it in a magical way lets people play longer its not fun or logic. If you would play Monopoly with ur family but you have to join mid game and ur dad is already winning, whats the point of having fun in anyway? Data can all be good and i understand you trust ur data first but how the community feels about changes matters too.

• Agree
Reactions: Awabbatt and Silco

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
CubeCraft, Blockwars Bridges
Pronouns
He/Him
But why add mid game joining tho? If it in a magical way lets people play longer its not fun or logic. If you would play Monopoly with ur family but you have to join mid game and ur dad is already winning, whats the point of having fun in anyway? Data can all be good and i understand you trust ur data first but how the community feels about changes matters too.
Or joining a game of chess where the opponent is about to checkmate in one move..

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
But why add mid game joining tho? If it in a magical way lets people play longer its not fun or logic. If you would play Monopoly with ur family but you have to join mid game and ur dad is already winning
1) Monopoly has progression, most people are further ahead on all sides when you jump in mid-game.
2) BlockWars can still tip in the favour of another team, especially if the game is mid-filling.

The reasoning is that it gets people into games faster and makes games with leavers finishable. It's clear that many of the complaints stem from not getting wins, losses don't count in the first 3 minutes of entering a mid-game anyways.

WiggedWigg

Aug 2, 2021
België
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
1) Monopoly has progression, most people are further ahead on all sides when you jump in mid-game.
2) BlockWars can still tip in the favour of another team, especially if the game is mid-filling.

The reasoning is that it gets people into games faster and makes games with leavers finishable. It's clear that many of the complaints stem from not getting wins, losses don't count in the first 3 minutes of entering a mid-game anyways.
Good points.
But can i request 1 thing if that is possible? To add back game selector, for me its annoying that i with my party cant choose maps. With the auto queing feature our party always get splitted up and i have sometimes a glitch where the game selector is in my hands for 1 game and when i use that then our party actually isnt splitted up.

• Agree
Reactions: Silco
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ElFlxen_ wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thanks for everything! :cubie:
ElFlxen_ wrote on mitgobla's profile.
Thanks for everything! :c
UncleSpect wrote on s4mways's profile.
thanks for the follow! 🎈
Asking... Schedule meetings... Writing questions... Recording... Editing... Rendering... Before preparations... Finished:D Redo! Asking... A system I have built up while working on the Sapphire Interviews Series!:D More videos and more info will come!
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
uhu :thisisfine:
Top Bottom