Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

LukaG_

May 15, 2022
Europe
Why do we help each other? How do you find motivation? A story about the past of yesterday, for the future of tomorrow.

The date is June 22, 2022. I’m sitting behind my computer, and I have just written my 99th post. One month of activity, one more month of memories, that I will never re-live but also never forget. And I’m just there, thinking about what to do for my 100th post. What do I write? What do I post? What is the best thing I can do for this community that I enjoy and want to be a part of? So, I turn to you. I turn to the forum members and ask them, what do you want to see me do for my milestone? What do you think is the one thing, worthy of deserving the post with two zeros?

Ideas I wanted, and ideas I got. Writing a nice suggestion post about a brand-new feature or game that CubeCraft should add to the server, making a normal Cube meme, or even more special making a Stormtrooper meme. I was also suggested writing a “post on the deadliness of zombies infused with cheating clients’ essence” (it’s very oddly specific, I know), so I was for sure not short on ideas and possibilities for the future. While some of them, I could never pull off, the others were very much achievable, and the spoiler below will contain 2 of the (ideas) memes that I made.

Also thanks @Iridinox @Silco @Neuro's Dimension for the ideas and the material :P
StormtrooperMeme.jpeg

StoryEcoMeme.png

Whatever path I chose, whatever topic I wrote about, the future for me and my life on the forums was bright. I was enjoying myself very much, I was doing what I love, with people I started caring for more and more. With that in mind, writing and thinking of ideas began. I spent a few days looking around the forums of what people have suggested already and exploring the server, to figure out, what will be suggested in the future. I was trying to find that one thing I knew I wanted to suggest myself. The one post, I will be proud about. And while I didn’t manage to come out with any new game ideas, I had a few quality-of-life improvements, memes, and features. So, the first general draft was born.

Only months later I figured out, that would also be the last draft of the forum post, which would ever be written. But why, why did I stop? After all, helping others is something I have loved for as long as I can remember. It is the main reason why I wanted to write that suggestion post in the first place. I didn’t want to be only a part of the community, I wanted to help it, improve it, and make my contribution to it. What suddenly changed and why did it change?

While they might be the simplest to ask, those are also the hardest questions to answer. As of today, it has been more than 7 months since my last post. It took me seven months, to decide what I wanted to do, how I wished to help the community, and which one of the ideas and suggestions I wanted to write about. I was so focused on it, that I never asked myself the most important questions. How do I want to help the community? Are the ideas I had (even though they are great) really what I wanted to do? Are they the one thing, that defines me and not someone else? And while this is something I will not answer with a simple yes or no, I think my response to the question is quite clear.

Moving on from that, I think it’s now only fair that I also try to answer the question that I have asked in the very first sentence of this story. Why do we help each other? Why do we volunteer? The simple answer to this is, that there is no one (simple) answer. It is completely different for every single individual. But that’s also, what makes it so special. It is what makes it so good. I for example found my motivation to help others, when I saw how more fortunate, I am than many others around me. I found it when I saw that just making a person smile or helping them with even the smallest of things was enough to make me happy, to make me proud of my work. I found out, that every change starts with one little step. And if I’m not taking that step, then I can’t count on others to do it for me.

I can’t say everyone finds happiness and inspiration in helping others this way. There is no one formula I can give you, to be happy, to be the perfect staff member, tutor, helper, or volunteer. But I can tell you one thing. Everyone can be a volunteer, everyone can help others. Anyone can achieve what they have always dreamed of. All you need to do is, ask yourself the right questions. The first half of winning a battle is knowing the problem. Ask yourself, what are you good at? Where aren’t you good yet, but want to be? How can I get there? How can you then help others to do the same thing? After that, it is just a matter of starting. Solve one problem, then move to another. Help one person, then help a hundred. I believe in you. Start believing in yourself as well.

They say that the endings are the most important thing one can write. It’s that one thing that makes you remember all you did and encourages you, to think about all that you will do. So, to finish my message, I will tell you the three main reasons why the story you are reading right now was written.

Firstly, I still had my 100th post to write, I still had to do something that would make me proud. And even if only one person read it, even if it touched only a single soul, that is all that I ever could have wanted. Secondly, I wanted to thank everyone who ever helped another person or volunteered themselves for anything. My story reflected on what I did or at least tried to do, but I know, that you have your own. And whether you are CubeCraft staff members, sporting volunteers or school tutors, all of you made a difference. And finally, I would like to thank everyone who will do the same in the future. It doesn’t matter, whether you were inspired by my post or by something completely else. You are good at something. You were inspired. And you helped another one as well. Thank you!

As a good friend of mine once said: “Aspire to inspire before we expire!”

Love, LukaG_

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Finally some positivity spreading. I think it’s much appreciated. I’m glad some people still enjoy their time here on the Forums. I know I do. Congratulations on your 100th post, surely don’t let it be the last milestone you reach here!

They say that the endings are the most important thing one can write.
The ending, the result, might be the outcome you’ve been wanting or looking for, or perhaps not in some cases - speaking generally - but don’t let your mind stray off of something that’s equally, if not, more important than the outcome, which is the journey. Reading your post, I’m sure you appreciate the journey too. Just think about it. The friends you’ve made and acquaintances you’ve gotten to know, the good experiences on the server itself, expression of your opinion and/or frustration(s) on the Forums if necessary; The list goes on.

A lot of people here on the Forums know me for my essay-long threads and replies, but I do that because I feel the ability to express myself well here. Even if some may not read the entirety of the thread, I know there’s always a few that do and appreciate my work. I’m glad and proud that there’s still more people who are willing to show some dedication and express themselves so detailed here. You are one of them.

• Heart
Reactions: LukaG_ and Lyriie

Lyriie

Sr. Mod
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Mar 31, 2018
This is a lovely post, and I'm glad that you have enjoyed your time on the forums so far! As you said, helping someone with something small can make a big difference for them. I hope that you will continue make such differences!

LukaG_

May 15, 2022
Europe
Finally some positivity spreading. I think it’s much appreciated. I’m glad some people still enjoy their time here on the Forums. I know I do. Congratulations on your 100th post, surely don’t let it be the last milestone you reach here!

The ending, the result, might be the outcome you’ve been wanting or looking for, or perhaps not in some cases - speaking generally - but don’t let your mind stray off of something that’s equally, if not, more important than the outcome, which is the journey. Reading your post, I’m sure you appreciate the journey too. Just think about it. The friends you’ve made and acquaintances you’ve gotten to know, the good experiences on the server itself, expression of your opinion and/or frustration(s) on the Forums if necessary; The list goes on.

A lot of people here on the Forums know me for my essay-long threads and replies, but I do that because I feel the ability to express myself well here. Even if some may not read the entirety of the thread, I know there’s always a few that do and appreciate my work. I’m glad and proud that there’s still more people who are willing to show some dedication and express themselves so detailed here. You are one of them.
Yea, I really love spending time on the forums and interacting with the community. You can just read about so many interesting things and respond to them in your own words. Plus I really like how friendly and welcoming people around here are, you just have to come back every so often...

I meant more the ending of my story/post, but yes it can be totally interpreted this way as well. And that's one of the greatest things since you can see, how others see your writing and then respond to it. When I was writing this, I didn't even think that someone would take "the ending" as a part of the story.

Otherwise, I totally agree, journeys are often even more important than the endings. I mean, the ending of my story was the post in front of you, but in this specific case, the learning and the time I spent away from everything and realizing I want to come back are more important than the final post.

Anyway, thank you so much for the kind words, I'm sure this is not the last time I'm writing a long message like this and I'll make sure to keep an eye out for some of yours in the future!

Reactions: Lyriie and Hoshi

LukaG_

May 15, 2022
Europe
This is a lovely post, and I'm glad that you have enjoyed your time on the forums so far! As you said, helping someone with something small can make a big difference for them. I hope that you will continue make such differences!
I really did try to write a nice post for everyone to read, so I'm really happy that you enjoyed it! I'm for sure gonna spend more of my time around here interacting with everyone! Thank you for helping out everyone on the server as a moderator and thank you for the kind words!

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on Muhh's profile.
:3
qKhalidd wrote on Shamel's profile.
happy birthday!
qKhalidd wrote on deoxyq's profile.
happy birthday!
Reesle wrote on deoxyq's profile.
Happy Birthday, Deoxyq!! 🎂🎈