Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 59979

Hello there guys, gals and non-binary pals. This thread is something I've wanted to make for a while and it's more or less a suggestion for management to change it's attitude towards bedrock as well as some minor suggestions all related towards bedrock and its future.

I addressed the stats about the updates during 2019 here, but to summarise Java received way more updates compared to Bedrock, especially considering the player counts. Bedrock can get up to and over 6 times the number of players as Java 1.8 and 1.9 combined, yet all these up to over 20,000 players are crammed into 4 games - Skywars, Eggwars, Minerware and Survival Games. In the entirety of 2019 the only game added to Bedrock was Chaos Skywars: a game you have to pay to join which was just a version of Skywars with a slight twist. In 2020 they've so far added one new - Skywars Mega - which is just regular skywars but with big teams... It's been around 1 year and 8 months since the last game was added and it definitely doesn't take 2 years to make a game considering it only took just over 8 months for them to create and release skyblock. If this is the case, where are all the Bedrock games? Management needs to add new games to Bedrock, something like Lucky Islands or Blockwars would give people another reason to play Bedrock again before they get bored of playing the same 4 games over and over.
From what I've seen and heard over the past few months, there would be far more games on Bedrock if management actually focused a propotional amount of their development efforts on Bedrock. If there was say, 10 developers on Cube they should focus over half of them on Bedrock if we go by potential server growth and player count. I get that Cube was made as a Java server originally, but times have changed. Saying that it used to be this in the past does not give them the excuse to prioritise the up to around 8,000 Java players over the up to 21,000 Bedrock players. There are more players on Bedrock at every single time of the day, there is far more potential growth there, and a far far larger current playerbase who is for the most part ignored just because they're a newer community.

Most Bedrock players I've met and talked to have thought I was joking or lying when I mentioned that there was an anti-cheat on Bedrock. It's so ridiculous the amount of effort that has been put into the Bedrock anti-cheat. Yes, I know that there currently isn't an anti-cheat developer but even when there was an anti-cheat developer, next to no work was put into Bedrock Sentinel if any work was even put into it at all. A good idea might just to be to hire 2 sentinel developers, one for Bedrock and one for Java as Bedrock has a huge hackers issue, even compared to Java. I've played both versions myself and talked to loads of Java and Bedrock players and from what I've put together, Bedrock has a larger issue with hackers, especially considering how much easier it is to create alt accounts on Bedrock as you don't even have to pay once you own the base game. The anti-cheat needs a higher proportion of focus from the anti-cheat when one is hired or they just need to hire 2 anti-cheat developers. It's just ridiculous and is needed to support the Bedrock staff who need the support while they grow.

Sort of a part 2 to the anti-cheat section, but once again, there are god knows how many hackers. Despite this, Cubecraft refuses to implement one of a multitude of easy to implement solutions to fix this but no. They decided to spend way more effort implementing an entirely new forum system for Bedrock reports. I was even once in a call where mitgobla stated that he had worked out a way to create a pop up with the link in, but Luke completely ignored it and just changed the topic of conversation. This sort of attitude is the sort of attitude that makes Bedrock so awful as it is the attitude management permanently have towards bedrock. They've made progress hiring more Bedrock staff but they need to keep going, proven by the fact that as soon as the most recent helper round was promoted, Keanu said to Dubby "PLEASE DO BEDROCK REPORTS". There are messages that get broadcasted on Java about the translation team and even every single time you change lobby or game you get a link to the forum and the discord, if you need Bedrock staff so desparately why don't you try actually telling the Bedrock server that the forums exists and that you can report players at x location? Pop up messages every 10-30 minutes telling people where they can apply for helper would also probably massively increase the Bedrock activity on the forums and Discord and help with more staff and just a higher proportion of Bedrock members in the community as a whole. This whole situation might also be helped if Cube actually IP banned on Bedrock like they do on Java, especially considering how easy it is to create new bedrock accounts completely for free.

At first I thought that this was just an issue with Bedrock as a whole, but no it's just Cubecraft Bedrock. On Java, everything is smooth and runs fine yet Cube on Bedrock is ridden with bugs. From small things like spectator being slowed in some games to game breaking bugs like bows not working properly and random disconnections mid-game, it's almost as buggy as trying to run Assassins Creed on integrated graphics. They've made good progress, but there's still so much more work to do to make it an actually smooth playing experience. This point links back into the first section but they just need to spend more developer time on Bedrock. It's honestly disappointing how the entire of the recent thread on the development staff changes all seemed to be a Java thing when if anything needs it the most - Bedrock does.

To summarise: Bedrock is currently just ignored and left alone like it doesn't matter. Management have only made very small amount of progress and there are plenty of ways they could improve the server, some of which I've included in this thread. I'm getting almost infuriated with how long it's been with this little effort put into Bedrock and yet still

Krqpton

Apr 7, 2020
United States
Yes Molly I agreed, I may not be a bedrock player but I can understand you frustration. They do need to add more games to Bedrock it's only fair. There are like 9 games on java and only 4 on bedrock. However it is hard to do 2 servers at once. It's hard making a new game system for bedrock. Now I don't think they should give up and not try, but it's going to take sometime. Yes I may not be a helper but I really do know about servers. They are probably working on it but it's keep crashing or breaking. You really never know. The cheat sometime they do need to work on it or get a developer to do it. But still there are way more java players then bedrock players. Same thing with developers. It may be hard finding a bedrock developer. Plus bedrock had just recently came out, so not everyone is really playing on it yet. Yes I know you said they are more bedrock players on that server. But like I said there are people who don't like to play on bedrock bc of all kinds of things. Now with the staff most players must be playing on console and don't have a mic or a computer. That's why they play bedrock, and that's why maybe not everyone is applying for staff. If you would like to talk more about this you can always message me and I will give you my discord tag.

D

Deleted member 59979

The cheat sometime they do need to work on it or get a developer to do it. But still there are way more java players then bedrock players. Same thing with developers. It may be hard finding a bedrock developer. Plus bedrock had just recently came out, so not everyone is really playing on it yet. Yes I know you said they are more bedrock players on that server. But like I said there are people who don't like to play on bedrock bc of all kinds of things.
There most certainly aren't more java players than bedrock players and that's not even opinion. Look at https://stats.cubecraft.net/ and see how Bedrock is permanently at a much higher playercount than Java. Bedrock came out in 2011 and the Cube Bedrock server turns 2 years old in a week today, plus they had additional time to develop beforehand with the help of Minecraft themselevs. They have had plenty of time to work on Bedrock. Sure, there are people that don't play Bedrock and would rather play java, but far far more people play bedrock.

Krqpton

Apr 7, 2020
United States
There most certainly aren't more java players than bedrock players and that's not even opinion. Look at https://stats.cubecraft.net/ and see how Bedrock is permanently at a much higher playercount than Java. Bedrock came out in 2011 and the Cube Bedrock server turns 2 years old in a week today, plus they had additional time to develop beforehand with the help of Minecraft themselevs. They have had plenty of time to work on Bedrock. Sure, there are people that don't play Bedrock and would rather play java, but far far more people play bedrock.
True. Maybe they just don't thing bedrock is as fun as java. Tbh I really don't know what the manager thinks about. It and I do agree it. But java did came out way before bedrock correct?

Entrustious6679

Mar 28, 2020
Playing CubeCraft Skywars
Hello there guys, gals and non-binary pals. This thread is something I've wanted to make for a while and it's more or less a suggestion for management to change it's attitude towards bedrock as well as some minor suggestions all related towards bedrock and its future.

I addressed the stats about the updates during 2019 here, but to summarise Java received way more updates compared to Bedrock, especially considering the player counts. Bedrock can get up to and over 6 times the number of players as Java 1.8 and 1.9 combined, yet all these up to over 20,000 players are crammed into 4 games - Skywars, Eggwars, Minerware and Survival Games. In the entirety of 2019 the only game added to Bedrock was Chaos Skywars: a game you have to pay to join which was just a version of Skywars with a slight twist. In 2020 they've so far added one new - Skywars Mega - which is just regular skywars but with big teams... It's been around 1 year and 8 months since the last game was added and it definitely doesn't take 2 years to make a game considering it only took just over 8 months for them to create and release skyblock. If this is the case, where are all the Bedrock games? Management needs to add new games to Bedrock, something like Lucky Islands or Blockwars would give people another reason to play Bedrock again before they get bored of playing the same 4 games over and over.
From what I've seen and heard over the past few months, there would be far more games on Bedrock if management actually focused a propotional amount of their development efforts on Bedrock. If there was say, 10 developers on Cube they should focus over half of them on Bedrock if we go by potential server growth and player count. I get that Cube was made as a Java server originally, but times have changed. Saying that it used to be this in the past does not give them the excuse to prioritise the up to around 8,000 Java players over the up to 21,000 Bedrock players. There are more players on Bedrock at every single time of the day, there is far more potential growth there, and a far far larger current playerbase who is for the most part ignored just because they're a newer community.

Most Bedrock players I've met and talked to have thought I was joking or lying when I mentioned that there was an anti-cheat on Bedrock. It's so ridiculous the amount of effort that has been put into the Bedrock anti-cheat. Yes, I know that there currently isn't an anti-cheat developer but even when there was an anti-cheat developer, next to no work was put into Bedrock Sentinel if any work was even put into it at all. A good idea might just to be to hire 2 sentinel developers, one for Bedrock and one for Java as Bedrock has a huge hackers issue, even compared to Java. I've played both versions myself and talked to loads of Java and Bedrock players and from what I've put together, Bedrock has a larger issue with hackers, especially considering how much easier it is to create alt accounts on Bedrock as you don't even have to pay once you own the base game. The anti-cheat needs a higher proportion of focus from the anti-cheat when one is hired or they just need to hire 2 anti-cheat developers. It's just ridiculous and is needed to support the Bedrock staff who need the support while they grow.

Sort of a part 2 to the anti-cheat section, but once again, there are god knows how many hackers. Despite this, Cubecraft refuses to implement one of a multitude of easy to implement solutions to fix this but no. They decided to spend way more effort implementing an entirely new forum system for Bedrock reports. I was even once in a call where mitgobla stated that he had worked out a way to create a pop up with the link in, but Luke completely ignored it and just changed the topic of conversation. This sort of attitude is the sort of attitude that makes Bedrock so awful as it is the attitude management permanently have towards bedrock. They've made progress hiring more Bedrock staff but they need to keep going, proven by the fact that as soon as the most recent helper round was promoted, Keanu said to Dubby "PLEASE DO BEDROCK REPORTS". There are messages that get broadcasted on Java about the translation team and even every single time you change lobby or game you get a link to the forum and the discord, if you need Bedrock staff so desparately why don't you try actually telling the Bedrock server that the forums exists and that you can report players at x location? Pop up messages every 10-30 minutes telling people where they can apply for helper would also probably massively increase the Bedrock activity on the forums and Discord and help with more staff and just a higher proportion of Bedrock members in the community as a whole. This whole situation might also be helped if Cube actually IP banned on Bedrock like they do on Java, especially considering how easy it is to create new bedrock accounts completely for free.

At first I thought that this was just an issue with Bedrock as a whole, but no it's just Cubecraft Bedrock. On Java, everything is smooth and runs fine yet Cube on Bedrock is ridden with bugs. From small things like spectator being slowed in some games to game breaking bugs like bows not working properly and random disconnections mid-game, it's almost as buggy as trying to run Assassins Creed on integrated graphics. They've made good progress, but there's still so much more work to do to make it an actually smooth playing experience. This point links back into the first section but they just need to spend more developer time on Bedrock. It's honestly disappointing how the entire of the recent thread on the development staff changes all seemed to be a Java thing when if anything needs it the most - Bedrock does.

To summarise: Bedrock is currently just ignored and left alone like it doesn't matter. Management have only made very small amount of progress and there are plenty of ways they could improve the server, some of which I've included in this thread. I'm getting almost infuriated with how long it's been with this little effort put into Bedrock and yet still
Yes, there is room for a few more mini games in my opinion. However, the constant new maps and Easter hunts are perfect to make up for it! The staff are very quick to look at reports and an anti chest is being developed!

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
the constant new maps and Easter hunts are perfect to make up for it!
No it really doesn’t... it doesn’t make up for the missing games. Java gets way more maps then Bedrock... and these events are on both networks so it’s not making up for anything.

The staff are very quick to look at reports and an anti chest is being developed!

They are faster to look at reports now yes, but at the same time players have to go out of their own way to take the time to upload footage of a hacker to YouTube and give the link and reasons. The hacker issue is relying on players, and I bet you 90% of them will not report or doesn’t have anything to capture the hacker with, or even a forums account. Wouldn’t it be just so much easier if moderators actually moderated Bedrock? I understand it’s volunteer work, but like Molly mentioned they need to start accepting more Bedrock based helpers. On top of that, the anti-cheat isn’t being developed. They’re waiting for an anti-cheat developer. Even if Rubik (one of the only devs for Bedrock) is actually making an anti-cheat he’s working on it solo. It’s ridiculously hard and time consuming so it won’t be out anytime soon unless they hire someone.

Entrustious6679

Mar 28, 2020
Playing CubeCraft Skywars
No it really doesn’t... it doesn’t make up for the missing games. Java gets way more maps then Bedrock... and these events are on both networks so it’s not making up for anything.

They are faster to look at reports now yes, but at the same time players have to go out of their own way to take the time to upload footage of a hacker to YouTube and give the link and reasons. The hacker issue is relying on players, and I bet you 90% of them will not report or doesn’t have anything to capture the hacker with, or even a forums account. Wouldn’t it be just so much easier if moderators actually moderated Bedrock? I understand it’s volunteer work, but like Molly mentioned they need to start accepting more Bedrock based helpers. On top of that, the anti-cheat isn’t being developed. They’re waiting for an anti-cheat developer. Even if Rubik (one of the only devs for Bedrock) is actually making an anti-cheat he’s working on it solo. It’s ridiculously hard and time consuming so it won’t be out anytime soon unless they hire someone.
I suppose right now there are inconsistencies in the foundation. However, be rest assured the Bedrock CubeCraft server is rapidly growing and is being developed accordingly.

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
Hi there,
I don’t think that the focus should change to Bedrock, this year anyway. I’m sure you would have noticed the difference in player-count between the two servers. CubeCraft have been improving the Java server immensely for the past couple of years so that they can get their player-count up to the same level as Bedrock. This is also why they added SkyBlock exclusively to Java (for now). Ever since the Bedrock server was released, I agree that there hasn’t been as much of a rush to get new features implemented as there was for Java, but with reason. I think that this is CubeCraft’s only option they have, because if they don’t act fast, the entire Java network could fall out.
This year especially, the Java platform has seen many changes. I’m sure you would have seen the announcement explaining that CubeCraft will be focusing on Java Edition this year. So far this year, there has not been a great number of new features on Bedrock. But just remember that the Bedrock platform has not been completely left out. There have been new features such as SkyWars Mega, Easter Updates, etc. There has also been a massive bug-fix (see the post here), SkyWars Chaos open week, and an increased party and friend limit (for now). However, I am personally a Bedrock player I do agree with you that there are a few obvious bugs, such as the Easter bundle prefixes not having a space between the prefix and the gamer-tag. This is very obvious, and should have been fixed from the start.
Like you mentioned, CubeCraft are looking for a new dedicated anti-cheat developer for both networks, especially Bedrock. Bedrock (C++) and Java (Java) are completely different coding languages, so the developers actually had to start from scratch when developing the new Bedrock Sentinel. When doing so, CubeCraft did not have a lot of experience with C++ so it was very different for them, therefore Sentinel wasn’t perfect. The Java platform seems to be going smoothly with their anti-cheat, so I don't see the need for hiring two developers.
I'm sure you would have noticed that CubeCraft are hiring more helpers (to eventually evolve into moderators). They did mention in the announcement that they will be looking for more helpers on the Bedrock platform, because as we know there are not as many currently. They have already hired about three times as many volunteers as there were before, with about 5 of them being on the Bedrock platform. So hopefully as time goes on, moderators will catch cheaters before you have to.

Overall, if CubeCraft don't act quick enough on the Java edition it could fall out, hence the reason why Java has more attention for now. The only thing that I do agree with is that there are quite a lot of obvious bugs around the server that should have been fixed from the start. Thanks for your suggestion anyways :).

Reactions: Entrustious6679

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net

A very similar post was made about this a while ago where it stated that java players are the reason bedrock doesn't get updated. And, as many people stated in that thread, a lot is being done for bedrock and java has the same issues. The staff team just brought a bunch of bedrock players on as helper.
Bedrock is
Not
currently just ignored and left alone like it doesn't matter.
Java has the same issues, We struggle with bugs and hackers constantly. Java's Sentinel is not perfect (or even close for that matter) and although it is harder to create alts on Java, hackers still do it, Its just more difficult. Also lets talk about games being added. Zed said "Over the past 6 months our Bedrock server and our marketplace team have had great success which we are incredibly proud of. However our Java network is and remains the heart of the CubeCraft Games network and it’s unfortunate we have not been able to put as much effort into as we would have liked." in this thread. Bedrock is very successful and now they are working to bring java back to its former glory. The reason that java is getting so much work rn is because of bedrocks success not because it is being ignored.

D

Deleted member 469419

Hello, I've read your suggestion, and I'm totally agree with you. I think that java and bedrock should have an exclusive developer for each, that would the easiest thing. Respect to the staff, you're completely right, Cubecraft should add more staff to bedrock which network reaches the 16k players, it should have 200 exclusive helpers/mods (At least) and other 200 to java, exclusive for each network.

About the bugs it should be good to make know the players that exist a web in which you can report bugs (as the reports)

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Bedrock came out in 2011
Bedrock was released with the better together update on September 20 2017.

From what I've heard, it's significantly more difficult to develop for bedrock because for a start, all maps have to be built by hand. I'm not sure if there are even any world edit tools to help but I've not heard much about that.

Apparently a lot of bedrock stuff has to be done on command blocks. Command blocks are just horrible to use for complex systems.

I would play Blockwars on bedrock tho. I'd be surprised if they bothered to balance it.

D

Deleted member 59979

Hi there,
I don’t think that the focus should change to Bedrock, this year anyway. I’m sure you would have noticed the difference in player-count between the two servers. CubeCraft have been improving the Java server immensely for the past couple of years so that they can get their player-count up to the same level as Bedrock. This is also why they added SkyBlock exclusively to Java (for now). Ever since the Bedrock server was released, I agree that there hasn’t been as much of a rush to get new features implemented as there was for Java, but with reason. I think that this is CubeCraft’s only option they have, because if they don’t act fast, the entire Java network could fall out.
This year especially, the Java platform has seen many changes. I’m sure you would have seen the announcement explaining that CubeCraft will be focusing on Java Edition this year. So far this year, there has not been a great number of new features on Bedrock. But just remember that the Bedrock platform has not been completely left out. There have been new features such as SkyWars Mega, Easter Updates, etc. There has also been a massive bug-fix (see the post here), SkyWars Chaos open week, and an increased party and friend limit (for now). However, I am personally a Bedrock player I do agree with you that there are a few obvious bugs, such as the Easter bundle prefixes not having a space between the prefix and the gamer-tag. This is very obvious, and should have been fixed from the start.
Like you mentioned, CubeCraft are looking for a new dedicated anti-cheat developer for both networks, especially Bedrock. Bedrock (C++) and Java (Java) are completely different coding languages, so the developers actually had to start from scratch when developing the new Bedrock Sentinel. When doing so, CubeCraft did not have a lot of experience with C++ so it was very different for them, therefore Sentinel wasn’t perfect. The Java platform seems to be going smoothly with their anti-cheat, so I don't see the need for hiring two developers.
I'm sure you would have noticed that CubeCraft are hiring more helpers (to eventually evolve into moderators). They did mention in the announcement that they will be looking for more helpers on the Bedrock platform, because as we know there are not as many currently. They have already hired about three times as many volunteers as there were before, with about 5 of them being on the Bedrock platform. So hopefully as time goes on, moderators will catch cheaters before you have to.

Overall, if CubeCraft don't act quick enough on the Java edition it could fall out, hence the reason why Java has more attention for now. The only thing that I do agree with is that there are quite a lot of obvious bugs around the server that should have been fixed from the start. Thanks for your suggestion anyways :).
The Easter updates are expected seasonal events that added basically nothing and always have been. They couldn't even be bothered to add the same amount of eggs as on java and cut it short at 15. Skywars mega is basically not new - it's literally just skywars but with slightly bigger teams and I wouldn't consider even consider it a different game. Plus, if they were focusing more on Java this year specifically then why last year did Java still get significantly more updates last year?
A very similar post was made about this a while ago where it stated that java players are the reason bedrock doesn't get updated. And, as many people stated in that thread, a lot is being done for bedrock and java has the same issues. The staff team just brought a bunch of bedrock players on as helper.

Not

Java has the same issues, We struggle with bugs and hackers constantly. Java's Sentinel is not perfect (or even close for that matter) and although it is harder to create alts on Java, hackers still do it, Its just more difficult. Also lets talk about games being added. Zed said "Over the past 6 months our Bedrock server and our marketplace team have had great success which we are incredibly proud of. However our Java network is and remains the heart of the CubeCraft Games network and it’s unfortunate we have not been able to put as much effort into as we would have liked." in this thread. Bedrock is very successful and now they are working to bring java back to its former glory. The reason that java is getting so much work rn is because of bedrocks success not because it is being ignored.
Have you ever played Bedrock? It's almost unplayable it's so buggy. The anti-cheat is so poorly developed that it might as well not exist. Sentinel on Java bans more than 100 people. Sentinel on Bedrock might as well not exist it's so underdeveloped. Sure, they've made improvements from before but it is still so much worse than Java. If playing on Java is like driving a standard Toyota Corolla down a 10 metre long road, playing on Bedrock is like using a chariot to try and circumnavigate the entire planet 20 times. Even the most active Bedrock players don't believe that it exists and the only info proving that it does is from Quetzi saying they were implementing some new sentinel detections that would be in effect next week - nearly 2 years ago now. In that thread all they talked about was the Marketplace content. The marketplace content is made almost entirely by designers afaik - not developers and has no impact on the bedrock server at all. Java might have the same issues, but to an insanely lesser degree. About 1/3 times I find myself losing or getting kicked from a game purely from a bug. And just because they have a lot of players, it doesn't mean that the server is any good. It's absolutely atrocious and the fact that you think it is similar to Java just shows that you know nothing about the situation as the gap is so significant.
Bedrock was released with the better together update on September 20 2017.

From what I've heard, it's significantly more difficult to develop for bedrock because for a start, all maps have to be built by hand. I'm not sure if there are even any world edit tools to help but I've not heard much about that.

Apparently a lot of bedrock stuff has to be done on command blocks. Command blocks are just horrible to use for complex systems.

I would play Blockwars on bedrock tho. I'd be surprised if they bothered to balance it.
Poor wording on my part there, Bedrock itself was released in 2011 but as I said the cube bedrock server turns 2 years old in a week (1st birthday thread was posted 25th april 2019). I do have to agree with you, it is harder to design on Bedrock presumably but they got the first 4 games in reasonably quick. Why did they all of a sudden just stop and make absolutely 0 properly new games in nearly 2 years when it took them only 8 months to make skyblock. Blockwars is something I would like to see on Bedrock though. I mean, I'd want any properly new game on bedrock but I think Blockwars would be one of the better choices.

Small sidenote - To all those about to comment that "java has the same issues java is worse lmao u know nothing about java" stop. I have played large amounts on both version of the game and know plenty about both parts. Yes, java has issues, but it shows nothing but ignorance if all of you just think I care only about java. I made this thread because there is too much of a split and this is something that absolutely pisses me off. The community is so split up, it's worse than politics. It is statistical fact that Bedrock received less updates than Java, and it is statistical fact that Java had a lower player count which needed to be supported in order to stay competitive. That does NOT change the fact that Bedrock is statistically worse than Java. It statistically takes less time for a java report to go through than a bedrock report. The arguments I brought to the table in my original thread were purely based on my experience of playing on BOTH SERVERS for an extended period of time. Do not act like I know nothing about one version or another.

Reactions: RelatedNoobs

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
The Easter updates are expected seasonal events that added basically nothing and always have been. They couldn't even be bothered to add the same amount of eggs as on java and cut it short at 15. Skywars mega is basically not new - it's literally just skywars but with slightly bigger teams and I wouldn't consider even consider it a different game. Plus, if they were focusing more on Java this year specifically then why last year did Java still get significantly more updates last year?

Have you ever played Bedrock? It's almost unplayable it's so buggy. The anti-cheat is so poorly developed that it might as well not exist. Sentinel on Java bans more than 100 people. Sentinel on Bedrock might as well not exist it's so underdeveloped. Sure, they've made improvements from before but it is still so much worse than Java. If playing on Java is like driving a standard Toyota Corolla down a 10 metre long road, playing on Bedrock is like using a chariot to try and circumnavigate the entire planet 20 times. Even the most active Bedrock players don't believe that it exists and the only info proving that it does is from Quetzi saying they were implementing some new sentinel detections that would be in effect next week - nearly 2 years ago now. In that thread all they talked about was the Marketplace content. The marketplace content is made almost entirely by designers afaik - not developers and has no impact on the bedrock server at all. Java might have the same issues, but to an insanely lesser degree. About 1/3 times I find myself losing or getting kicked from a game purely from a bug. And just because they have a lot of players, it doesn't mean that the server is any good. It's absolutely atrocious and the fact that you think it is similar to Java just shows that you know nothing about the situation as the gap is so significant.

Poor wording on my part there, Bedrock itself was released in 2011 but as I said the cube bedrock server turns 2 years old in a week (1st birthday thread was posted 25th april 2019). I do have to agree with you, it is harder to design on Bedrock presumably but they got the first 4 games in reasonably quick. Why did they all of a sudden just stop and make absolutely 0 properly new games in nearly 2 years when it took them only 8 months to make skyblock. Blockwars is something I would like to see on Bedrock though. I mean, I'd want any properly new game on bedrock but I think Blockwars would be one of the better choices.

Small sidenote - To all those about to comment that "java has the same issues java is worse lmao u know nothing about java" stop. I have played large amounts on both version of the game and know plenty about both parts. Yes, java has issues, but it shows nothing but ignorance if all of you just think I care only about java. I made this thread because there is too much of a split and this is something that absolutely pisses me off. The community is so split up, it's worse than politics. It is statistical fact that Bedrock received less updates than Java, and it is statistical fact that Java had a lower player count which needed to be supported in order to stay competitive. That does NOT change the fact that Bedrock is statistically worse than Java. It statistically takes less time for a java report to go through than a bedrock report. The arguments I brought to the table in my original thread were purely based on my experience of playing on BOTH SERVERS for an extended period of time. Do not act like I know nothing about one version or another.
I have played bedrock. It isn't as bad as you guys make it seem. Yes it is buggy and there are hackers, but java has the same issues.

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
I have played bedrock. It isn't as bad as you guys make it seem. Yes it is buggy and there are hackers, but java has the same issues.
Umm
Small sidenote - To all those about to comment that "java has the same issues java is worse lmao u know nothing about java" stop. I have played large amounts on both version of the game and know plenty about both parts. Yes, java has issues, but it shows nothing but ignorance if all of you just think I care only about java

Maybe you should read this again. ^

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England

Thank you for formatting a forum post about the issue so well, this issue I feel gets ignored purely because of the ignorance of a lot of staff and some java players, whenever bedrock players seem to bring this up we get comments telling us to get over it and we are moaning unnecessarily, there are a lot more problems with the server with having no IP ban system either which @rubik_cube_man openly admits there isn't one implemented, because of the systems used to play bedrock, it is actually harder to record and report than it is to download hacks for your system.

I have reported countless bugs with the game that go mostly ignored which i will list here:
1. Using the attack button on a generator activates it causing countless losses with PVP that isn't the fault of the player
2. Same problem with custom villagers as they have fixed the problem with the normal villager but not the villagers with custom skins
3. Can mine certain blocks like wooden slabs and wool while standing on top of them and the blocks will not respawn meaning you can clip into many places you are not meant to
4. There was a bug where you could break peoples eggs in spectate mode if they weren't covered by blocks (Fixed promptly by @rubik_cube_man)
5. In skywars team games (teams of 2, 4 and MEGA) if you die and you teammate gets the win while still being present spectating you will not have the win despite the screen saying "congratulations you win"
6. You cannot see the number of kills you get in a skywars game if you win a game but you can if you die
7. Party invites and friendslist become unviewable at random times where clicking on the option closes the social menu entirely
8. Diamond Duplications still exist and work
9. In the new egg map, the villager is placed in a corner meaning a player can stand inside the villager without being able to be hit as the villager pop up menu will get in the way
10. There are random unexplained areas on maps that you cannot place blocks in due to it being too close to a villager or generator that are at least 5 or 6 blocks away
11. Golden apple particles in eggwars cause a lot of lag in-game for the whole game dropping framerate down substantially
12. The minerware minigame "hide under block" has so many arrows spawned that it lags the game seconds before the arrows fall meaning it is random luck whether you win or not, you can also lose while hiding under the block correctly because of arrows lagging through the block
13. Moving the items into your crafting area on eggwars teams of 4 will allow you to bring them into the game with you very easily, (paper, end crystal and coal)
14. The minerware minigame "knock-off" has a random chance of knocking you into the cobwebs at the side of the map giving a player that has been knocked off a win.
15. Going afk can sometimes teleport you to a random superflat world where players are unable to get to you giving you the win easily by doing nothing.
16. Going afk can also get you stuck in your glass cage and unable to mine out of it despite it appearing invisible, this can be worked around by placing a block underneath the player where the cage would be

And there are plenty more bugs but they are the ones i can think of off the top of my head.

And these are just the bugs that the admins have just not bothered fixing, @RelatedNoobs made a bug report that has been sitting for months without even a response, there is NO staff activity on the bedrock server meaning it doesn't even get moderated, hacker reports on average take over a day to be even seen to, sometimes even weeks, bedrock is just extremely badly looked after and I feel is just a way of making money as opposed to a cared-for server. @Kloska Has told me however they aim to be able to get 100 bedrock staff by the end of this year to which I think is very unlikely to happen especially at the speed they employ staff.

Hope this info may help :)

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
@Kloska Has told me however they aim to be able to get 100 bedrock staff by the end of this year to which I think is very unlikely to happen especially at the speed they employ staff.
11 players in one cycle isn't enough? 11*8 = 88 staff and that's excluding what we already have right now. Bedrock staff are just starting to pick up because we again don't have staff who are very familiar with Bedrock so training Helpers without any knowledge of Bedrock is quite difficult but it seems that we are starting to get a grip on it more recently.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
As Story said, now that Cubecraft is getting more and more staff I think these issues will be resolved. If you just have patience... And the fact that bug reports take long is also a Java issue, Cubecraft just doesn't have that many staff members that are able to do so. Things aside, I have full confidence that Cubecraft will take more interest, maybe, after they have requited more staff.

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
11 players in one cycle isn't enough? 11*8 = 88 staff and that's excluding what we already have right now. Bedrock staff are just starting to pick up because we again don't have staff who are very familiar with Bedrock so training Helpers without any knowledge of Bedrock is quite difficult but it seems that we are starting to get a grip on it more recently.
However it depends on the speed of each cycle, i really hope you get that many staff by the end of the year however i feel its a very ambitious goal to go for 100 staff in a year, i would estimate probably 50 by 2021

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Xi1m wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
happy birthday :3
Top Bottom