Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see this?

• Total voters

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
And this is becoming a bit of a problem. I absolutely love to play Battle Zone every now and then, but when I joined a game yesterday, everyone just kept leaving and joining. I'm not going to write a full story here, as the suggestion itself is really simple. So as the games just fail to fill up, my suggestion is to start the countdown when there are 20 players in the lobby waiting. It's currently 33, which is just too much. They shouldn't go lower than 20, as it'd take ages to find someone and the map is simply too big to start with 10, maybe 15, players.
That's it. Make sure to vote and please let me know what you think.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
It's what happens to every gamemode cubecraft tries to force, and I've predicted it would happen to BZ too.
Games like UHC, arcade, prototype lobby etc, they all follow a certain pattern.
Week 1, everyone wants to try the gamemode
Week 2-4, gamemode is doing well but slowly losing players
Week 4-6, game still active but little players online, games take ages to start due to little players.
Week 6+, dead, new players can't even try the gamemode because there aren't enough players to start the game.

Now, this is because all those gamemodes, after you finish playing them, it's over. The game ended, that's it. Survival on the other hand, will not end after a few minutes. It'll continue for months. That keeps the initial excitement of week 1 (somewhat), and I think players will have a higher chance of sticking with it. Even if it does lose some players, it doesn't have the problem other dying gamemodes have: Not enough players to start the game. With 1.13 around I think it has a lot of exciting features for players to explore, and it might just do a lot better than what skeptics initially thought.

Vqzi

Aug 24, 2017
I think it is a cool idea to add the /start for Emerald ranks and higher.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
So the game is obviously not popular anymore.

They tried keeping it popular with weekly updates, but it failed.
Lowering the players needed to start because a game isn't popular enough is a bad idea in my opinion.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Lowering the players needed to start because a game isn't popular enough is a bad idea in my opinion.
Some players still like to play the game every now and then. It's not like it's completely dead. I don't see why they shouldn't do this, to be honest. Lowering it wouldn't harm anything, and it will make the game at least playable. Currently, it's not. I don't know if squads succeed to fill up, as I never play squads. They have two options. 1. Add this to make the game at least playable.
2. Let it die and remove it after a while.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
I've asked multiple times for the starting minimum to be reduced, but as I understand it, reducing it for this game would require us to redo how every game on the network decides when to start. Sadly, I don't think this will get implemented, but consider it escalated.

Reactions: Troublesomee

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I've asked multiple times for the starting minimum to be reduced, but as I understand it, reducing it for this game would require us to redo how every game on the network decides when to start. Sadly, I don't think this will get implemented, but consider it escalated.
But then we'll never be able to play a game of solo battle zone anymore :c

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on dave12555's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! If you require assistance with something, feel free to reach out to me or a staff member for help! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #54-
The original Enderman had green eyes, and emitted smoke particles. They were later changed to purple eyes, and now Enderman emit purple teleportation particles instead of smoke.
Desiderata wrote on Xi1m's profile.
relogging just to tell you (and those who care enough to read statuses) that digital circus ep 2 is out now apparently
GiGaGekkies wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Hottie
Top Bottom