Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Give an argument. If you weren't planning on contributing to the conversation anyway, just don't comment.

Unbanning everyone is a dumb idea for aforementioned reasons, however Sentinel definitely has its history of false bans so maybe for Sentinel it might have a positive influence.
I usually give a very complete and structured argument together with my position on a topic. Feel free to check any of my interventions. But as for this thread, the idea was just so ridiculous that I felt like simply saying “no”. Not to mention this suggestion is coming from someone who has been begging the staff for an unban for a long time now.

Baba Yaga

Novice Member
Dec 26, 2019
The Mandalorian's ship
I usually give a very complete and structured argument together with my position on a topic. Feel free to check any of my interventions. But as for this thread, the idea was just so ridiculous that I felt like simply saying “no”. Not to mention this suggestion is coming from someone who has been begging the staff for an unban for a long time now.
Judging the suggestion by its maker you should not. Effective this suggestion can be, though not the right time it is now. As said before I have: "A risky play this would be, though only a last resort for more players this should be."

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Well, ive got banned from cubecraft for no reason and i wasnt home... 'banned by sentinel'

You want to unban everyone and start fresh because YOU got banned? No. If you are innocent you will be unbanned. IF you are I am sorry this has happend to you but there are thousands of players who don't deserve another chance and if you have been banned enough (permanently) another chance will do nothing but cause a problem.

Reactions: Eli

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Judging the suggestion by its maker you should not. Effective this suggestion can be, though not the right time it is now. As said before I have: "A risky play this would be, though only a last resort for more players this should be."
Perhaps, but I’d rather see a less drastic measure like replacing permanent punishments with 1 year bans. That would get a lot of people unbanned, and not completely discourage permanently banned players from never coming back on the server.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
So you are saying that we should unban hundreds of thousands of alts used by cheaters to cheat?
So people with 100+ alts don't need to continue buying alts but can reuse the ones they have?
So basically the effort made by everyone, moderators, the anti-cheat and the community would be for nothing.

I agree with @Elivat when I say that it's a big step in the wrong direction.

Besides, when someone is wrongly banned, they (should if it isn't already being done) reverse the ban of everyone that was banned by that specific detection.

In your case, if you where banned a couple of years ago, you can try to reappeal your ban.

CloudI

Nov 7, 2019
Belgium
Im banned since October, I was on a trip with school, came back and BOOM banned... don't know why, how or by who but this is unacceptable. I've bought gold rank and now it's gone by an anticheat that made a mistake.

NoHacksJustGavin

Novice Member
Sep 2, 2019
Your order of words in sentences is a bit strange, so I only understood the first part.

No, the temporary ban is not a warning. That's true, but you can see it as a warning for a hacker before a permanent ban and that's what I meant.
No, that's not how it works.

Players don't have to be innocent to appeal, even though being innocent is the best way to appeal because you can say it in as many appeals as you want, so guilty players can appeal.
For example, I was perm banned by Sentinel because I hacked 3 times while my IGN used to be 02G_Plays_Mc. I appealed saying that I'm sorry for hacking, and my appeal got accepted.

I hope my response helps you. :)

Im banned since October, I was on a trip with school, came back and BOOM banned... don't know why, how or by who but this is unacceptable. I've bought gold rank and now it's gone by an anticheat that made a mistake.
The ban reason says "Sentinel caught you cheating" when you get banned by the anticheat. Don't worry. Just make an appeal saying that you are innocent, and you'll be unbanned.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Just make an appeal saying that you are innocent, and you'll be unbanned.
No, that’s not how it works.
During my one year as a staff member i’ve never accepted appeals with only that one sentence. You’d need valid evidence of not being at home during the time or else I would’ve denied the appeal and probably other staff members do so. There are many players that lie, so they rather not trust your word but want to see some evidence.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands

Players don't have to be innocent to appeal, even though being innocent is the best way to appeal because you can say it in as many appeals as you want, so guilty players can appeal.
For example, I was perm banned by Sentinel because I hacked 3 times while my IGN used to be 02G_Plays_Mc. I appealed saying that I'm sorry for hacking, and my appeal got accepted.

The ban reason says "Sentinel caught you cheating" when you get banned by the anticheat. Don't worry. Just make an appeal saying that you are innocent, and you'll be unbanned.
I'm not saying it's a fact, but I am seeing that temp ban as a warning for hackers/rule breakers myselfg, and those people should see that temp ban as a warning for a perm ban.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia

But did you appeal a year after your permanent ban? That’s usually the amount of time moderators make people wait to remove their permanent bans, if they feel like it.

Ducky is correct in the sense that temporary bans can very well be considered warnings toward a greater punishment (that being the permanent ban). Not being officially called a warning doesn’t disqualify it of being so.

Edit: Whats the point of adding further burocracy to punishment tracks? Hackers shouldn’t require explicit warnings before being banned.

NoHacksJustGavin

Novice Member
Sep 2, 2019
But did you appeal a year after your permanent ban? That’s usually the amount of time moderators make people wait to remove their permanent bans, if they feel like it.

Ducky is correct in the sense that temporary bans can very well be considered warnings toward a greater punishment (that being the permanent ban). Not being officially called a warning doesn’t disqualify it of being so.
Yes I did appeal a year after my permanent ban.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Top Bottom