• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
Hey everyone, today I helped out a Spanish player appeal. The main reason why he could not do it, is because the language used on the ban message (when he logged in), was not in his language.

Having the ban message appear in multiple languages (e.g Spanish and Dutch), would mean that players might find it easier to appeal. This will then reduce the amount of "I'm banned" threads on the forums. You might say "They can just use google translate". My response is that it is fairly evident that most players will skip that step and just come on the forums for help. If common languages were added to the ban message, it would help prevent this issue.

If this was added, there would be a lot less people asking for help on the forums (helping save time for people replying and helping e.g Forums members and Staff members).

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
Don't see a reason why not, this would at least help a lot of people.

You could also link your ban message to the language in your setting menu, that way
you would only have to display one single language.

Reactions: dhdlos

ISTY.

Forum Expert
Dec 26, 2016
London
www.nasa.gov
I have it on English but i arent, Plus some people didnt set their language maybe on the correct place, so
QUOTE: Having the ban message appear in multiple languages
Is the best option
You mean like 3 ban messages, 1 in English, 1 in Dutch, and the other in Spanish? so no matter what language setting you have you will still know?

MooTa

Dedicated Member
Jul 25, 2016
YouTube
Amazing idea, if this is added, a lot of people will be able to appeal their self.

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
It would be great but people get banned for different things and mods+ need to create the ban reason how would you be possible to talk those languages and how do you need to know which language the player is speaking ? What if the player speaks Arabic ?

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
It would be great but people get banned for different things and mods+ need to create the ban reason how would you be possible to talk those languages and how do you need to know which language the player is speaking ? What if the player speaks Arabic ?

There is no way that you can cater for every language, plus I have never actually seen an Arabic person ask for help on the forums. I am suggesting that we try and support 2 extra languages (Dutch and Spanish). You can only be banned for a finite amount of reasons. All of the staff members can be given generic messages to suit those reasons, then all the staff have to do is fill in the blanks (e.g Appeal codes ).

An example of a generic message for Compromised account: (Google translate has been used, the real message would be more accurate).

English:
You have been banned from CubeCraft for:
Compromised Account. Please reset your password.

You can appeal at:
appeals.cubecraft.net using the appeal code: xxxx

Spanish:
Te han prohibido cubecraft para:
Cuenta comprometida. Por favor, cambie su contraseña.

Puede apelar en:
appeals.cubecraft.net Usando el código de apelación: xxxx

Dutch:
Je bent verbannen uit CubeCraft voor:
Gecompromitteerd account. Stel alstublieft uw wachtwoord opnieuw in.

U kunt een beroep doen op:
appeals.cubecraft.net met behulp van het beroep code: xxxx​

Reactions: Zombiepower

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
There is no way that you can cater for every language, plus I have never actually seen an Arabic person ask for help on the forums. I am suggesting that we try and support 2 extra languages (Dutch and Spanish). You can only be banned for a finite amount of reasons. All of the staff members can be given generic messages to suit those reasons, then all the staff have to do is fill in the blanks (e.g IGN's , Appeal codes etc).
I have seen some Arabic/Chinese people asking it ig and in my opnion it would be good to add those other language.People will understand what they did wrong and they will think about it.Now if they can't understand English they are doomed and they will never know what they did wrong

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
I have seen some Arabic/Chinese people asking it ig and in my opnion it would be good to add those other language.People will understand what they did wrong and they will think about it.Now if they can't understand English they are doomed and they will never know what they did wrong

Fair enough, just remember that the more languages you add the more time it will take to develop. It's best to start slowly :-P

Reactions: Zombiepower

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Great idea!
It helps those who wont be able to inderstand the english language when trying to appeal.
(Hopefully i read the idea right.)

Reactions: Grimmay
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈 🎂
Kloska wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Grattis på födelsedagen! :)
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
Thunder wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday!
Top Bottom