• No

Votes: 20 46.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I disagree even if I dont use the mod I dont think other people have an advantage I think they Have a disadvantage :/ Normal players only need to look out for their Health while players with Damage Indicators also need to look out for their opponents health while in Combat... That can distract them while in fight.. I also think that the Tactics wouldn't change even if you could see your opponents health or not... They would still run away if their health is low and they would still focus you if your health was low... People seeing other people health has also some advantages. Lets say your playing TeamSkywars or any other team game and your team mate can see your health and he/she sees your losing, They could go to you to protect you while regening. Also could they help you by giving you potions or something.... Not only that but by banning the Damage Indicators mod will mean banning other mods... And why are you complaining you should actually be happy that the DM mod is allowed .-. And I dont really think that combat changes by seeing your opponents health.. Anyway I'll stay neutral in this.

zSem_

Dec 19, 2015
rip my headset input :(
I'd love to see this mod disappear from the list of allowed mods. It does, in my opinion, give the player that uses it an unfair advantage since the player that does not use the mod can't see on how many health the opponent is , the only thing he can do is make a wild guess of how low that player is on health, which is absolutely unfair if you would ask me.
agreed you can see the HP from a other person and mabey you have iron and 8 hp and you see someone with dia armour and 3 hp you can easy kill him because you know his hp when you didn't have this mod you will run away so... so please remove it from allowed list or what so ever :P

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
I do not get why it is a "massive advantage" in any way. It just shows health. In what way will this affect your performance whilst pvping? It wouldn't, considering that the only advantage you would get is when someone is going to die, which you should already know very vaguely when they are going to die, if they begin to hide and stuff without damage indicators.

Reactions: Despacito 2

Arcane

Nov 26, 2015
A small box
Many of you are aware that damage indicators is an approved mod on this server, but most servers don't allow it. We know that it allows a user to see enemy health, which isn't a vanilla mechanic. Here's why it shouldn't be allowed, aside from just showing health.

-It's an unfair advantage. I've posted this on the updated rules thread, but I'll say it here again: knowing enemy health gives a HUGE advantage in PvP-based minigames. This allows the user to know when to engage enemies and when to back away.
Example 1: Suppose Player A has the mod installed but Player B does not. Player A sees Player B with 1 HP and decides to rush Player B. Player B, however, does not know Player A's health.
Example 2, reusing Player A and B from first example: Player A has taken a bit of damage and sees Player B with full HP. Player A can then tactically decide to retreat and wait for Player B to attack. Put from Player B's perspective, he has to assume Player A has full HP.

-It shows potion effects. Suppose a player has multiple potion effects. Potion particles would show a mixed color, but with that installed, one can see all the effects a player has, further determining whether to engage the opponent or not.

-It is also a hack in most hacked clients such as Wurst. This hack is known as healthtags, which does the same thing: shows enemy player health. It's ironic that hacked clients aren't allowed, yet this mod is. So, is it fine then to have a cheater use a hacked client with health tags only?

From my post on the updated rules thread: The only vanilla way to know how much HP a player has is to assume he/she has full HP and then note how much damage the target received. Even then, that calculation does not always work, as the target could have extra HP (gapples), enchants, or could have taken damage before the fight.

TL;DR: It's a hack.

Leave your feedback below.
The reason most servers don't allow it is because they implement it in a plugin - meaning it makes no difference
And anyway it's 1.10 pvp isn't exactly exiting

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I do not get why it is a "massive advantage" in any way. It just shows health. In what way will this affect your performance whilst pvping? It wouldn't, considering that the only advantage you would get is when someone is going to die, which you should already know very vaguely when they are going to die, if they begin to hide and stuff without damage indicators.
Sometimes I have no clue how many HP someone has while i'm about to die, so I run away. And we both regan, later he tells me that he had .5 HP. So if I had the mod I could've killed him because I could see his HP. So yes, it effects PvP'ing.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
I play just as well with them on or off, I tend to be more aggressive with them off.
In my opinion, they are also a distraction to your pvp at times, keeping your attention off your health... I know..
I like my better HUD mod as it shows the armor status where you want it on the screen to the pixel, it also shows fps and ping nicely it has tons of other graphic effects that I don't wanr to compromise because of a part of the mod which is not allowed ...

Last edited:

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
I disagree even if I dont use the mod I dont think other people have an advantage I think they Have a disadvantage :/ Normal players only need to look out for their Health while players with Damage Indicators also need to look out for their opponents health while in Combat... That can distract them while in fight.. I also think that the Tactics wouldn't change even if you could see your opponents health or not... They would still run away if their health is low and they would still focus you if your health was low... People seeing other people health has also some advantages. Lets say your playing TeamSkywars or any other team game and your team mate can see your health and he/she sees your losing, They could go to you to protect you while regening. Also could they help you by giving you potions or something.... Not only that but by banning the Damage Indicators mod will mean banning other mods... And why are you complaining you should actually be happy that the DM mod is allowed .-. And I dont really think that combat changes by seeing your opponents health.. Anyway I'll stay neutral in this.
Haha mateu, you only like post that don't agree with this suggestion :P

Actually i never use this mod and I dont see many problems! -+

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Many want a fun time on the server, not a time where every game has a user with an unfair advantage (*cough* kill aura, ESP, etc.). It's always necessary for players to watch their health to begin with, but it's considered a hack similar to ESP. It changes the tactics used in combat, not the actual "click-and-use" combat mechanics.

Now for your examples:
-It's not necessarily the case when one player is running away. What if he had gapple effects and enchants? That low health is easily made up for. Additionally, sometimes running away is used as a trap in order for the pursuer to fall for the bait.
-In a team game, the team should be cooperating with each other anyway, that is working together, sharing tactical information, relaying each others' health, and attacking together. Additionally, if a damage indicators user can see his/her teammate's health, then that means he/she can see enemy health too. That also leads to knowing what team to attack and knowing who can take more damage when status effects are also taken into account. The information gained isn't what the user would normally acquire in a game.
-There's currently 7 mods including damage indicators on the list. If it's taken out, only 6 of those approved mods remain on the list, none of which are affected by its removal.

AcidKirby

Jun 7, 2016
Planet Pop Star
discord.gg
I play just as well with them on or off, I tend to be more aggressive with them off.
In my opinion, they are also a distraction to your pvp at times, keeping your attention off your health... I know..
I like my better HUD mod as it shows the armor status where you want it on the screen to the pixel, it also shows fps and ping nicely it has tons of other graphic effects that I don't wanr to compromise because of a part of the mod which is not allowed ...

i agree with both these players health indicator is more distracting than it actually helps.. in certain moments it can help you.. but most of the times it just distracts you .. i just started using BetterHud mod a week ago.. and it seems like i've been more distracted than ever, but i wouldn't want it to get removed because i can see these certain other things like armor etc those also help, but it doesn't really affect my pvp style if someone is better than me.. showing me his hp doesn't let me win.. okay yeah if you see the hp you know when to attack and stuff, but even without knowing it.. you can easily know when to attack and when to run by just fighting and assuming how it went, if you're low you run if you have pretty decent health you can still go fight and try to win i don't think that this has a big advantage it has a big advantage in those little certain moments that can easily be avoided by other players just because you can see someone's health doesn't mean that you're better than them or that you have an advantage, a noob can have that mod and be spamclicking but he sees your health, SO WHAT? you're still gonna win right.. this i find unnecessary in my opinion -1

Reactions: Despacito 2

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
Damage indicators would help players plan a little ahead but having it will not improve your accuracy, it won't make you better at running when you try to escape.
So even if it is an advantage, if your opponent is better at PvP then having it won't really help that much. They can always catch up to you as you try to run and regen. It's not like you'll teleport to safety with this.

Loriayle

Jun 3, 2016
America
People who want this banned are such crybabies (Melanie Martinez crybabies unite!); "I'm not smart enough to download the mod so I'm just going to get it banned, hehe!" If you want a health indicator mod then you can have it, and considering it's not a hack- but a mod, people would use it whether it's allowed or not. A lot of servers use that pluggin- if you don't want others to have an "advantage" then debate for the server to add the pluggin, instead of whining about something no one will be able to control. What is the server going to do, take time and money away from things that could be used in bettering the server into making or buying a health mod indicator? Lmao I don't think that's even a thing. But yes, let's "ban" something that isn't a hack and that has been allowed to use for how long because a few kids who are either too lazy or not smart enough to download it think it's a disadvantage to others. Do you know how many players play CCG but don't regularly check the forums or don't even care if the mod they've been using isn't allowed? A lot. And ffs are you going to BAN people who aren't even hacking? How petty.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
People who want this banned are such crybabies (Melanie Martinez crybabies unite!); "I'm not smart enough to download the mod so I'm just going to get it banned, hehe!" If you want a health indicator mod then you can have it, and considering it's not a hack- but a mod, people would use it whether it's allowed or not. A lot of servers use that pluggin- if you don't want others to have an "advantage" then debate for the server to add the pluggin, instead of whining about something no one will be able to control. What is the server going to do, take time and money away from things that could be used in bettering the server into making or buying a health mod indicator? Lmao I don't think that's even a thing. But yes, let's "ban" something that isn't a hack and that has been allowed to use for how long because a few kids who are either too lazy or not smart enough to download it think it's a disadvantage to others. Do you know how many players play CCG but don't regularly check the forums or don't even care if the mod they've been using isn't allowed? A lot. And ffs are you going to BAN people who aren't even hacking? How petty.
I'm sorry, but not everyone that is agianst it in the thread is stupid . They probably do know how you can download it, but not everyone has a laptop that can handle it.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Optifine Safes lives...
Nope, didn't changed anything and I tryed a while ago to download a mod, but I instantly got a message that my laptop didn't had enough space or something like that to download it. I tryed different kind of mods and still nothing.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Many want a fun time on the server, not a time where every game has a user with an unfair advantage (*cough* kill aura, ESP, etc.). It's always necessary for players to watch their health to begin with, but it's considered a hack similar to ESP. It changes the tactics used in combat, not the actual "click-and-use" combat mechanics.

Now for your examples:
-It's not necessarily the case when one player is running away. What if he had gapple effects and enchants? That low health is easily made up for. Additionally, sometimes running away is used as a trap in order for the pursuer to fall for the bait.
-In a team game, the team should be cooperating with each other anyway, that is working together, sharing tactical information, relaying each others' health, and attacking together. Additionally, if a damage indicators user can see his/her teammate's health, then that means he/she can see enemy health too. That also leads to knowing what team to attack and knowing who can take more damage when status effects are also taken into account. The information gained isn't what the user would normally acquire in a game.
-There's currently 7 mods including damage indicators on the list. If it's taken out, only 6 of those approved mods remain on the list, none of which are affected by its removal.
You're so negative... :/ not every game has a Hacker... (Except if im in it.. ;) ) anyway these scenarios would occur even if the mod was not allowed... And its very diffcult to indetify if someone is using the mod or not... And by banning the mod will mean also banning other mods like LabyMods, 5zig mod (dont know the name correct me if im wrong) and the BetterHud.. Even other mods... Your exaggerating a little about it having huge advantages... .-.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Nope, didn't changed anything and I tryed a while ago to download a mod, but I instantly got a message that my laptop didn't had enough space or something like that to download it. I tryed different kind of mods and still nothing.
.-. Get more memory..
Or spare for a new pc... You cant have a worse pc than @TheJeroen or @Geova ... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
Top Bottom