Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you be happy with these kit balances

• Total voters

KjoepKraft_

May 16, 2017
Hello!

Due to so many different conflicting discussion/opinions going to make a bunch of threads in relation to some of the poll suggestions proposed from this thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/the-next-skywars-update.191642/ This will mean we get more direct information on each suggestion.

Balancing kits
Swordsman and the iron golem kit currently dominate SkyWars. A kit shouldn't give you this huge of an advantage and these need to be nerfed. Also are there any kits you would like to see removed and just think, this is useless what is the point of it!?

Community Staff suggested changes

Swordsman - Stone sword with sharp 2

Tank - Iron chestplate, chain leggings

Enchantment - less exp bottles (only 32) and less lapiz (only 16)

Blacksmith - add exp bottles to this kit (32 as well) and replace the chainmail helmet with a diamond helmet

Bomber - add golden boots with blast protection II and feather falling I, increase amount of TNT to 12 or 16, change string from 3 to 5, change redstone from 5 to 10

Redstone master - add a normal piston and redstone comparator.

Chicken - add a chicken hat to this kit, iron leggings and reduce the amount of eggs to 32.

Digger - Add 1 diamond ore, 8 iron ore and 5 coal ore. The kit already has an enchanted pickaxe and they’ll be able to get some gear/weaponry from mining the ores and smelting them.

Fisherman - Add unbreaking 3 and luck of the sea 3 to the rod and add a water bucket to the kit

Builder - add a wooden sword.

Noobly - add some armour to this kit like leather chestplate and pants.

Scout - this kit is completely fine.

Lumberjack - Add efficiency 3 to the axe.

Archer - Adding a chain chestplate with projectile protection 2.

Pyromaniac - Adding a fire resistance potion of 1 minute and 30 seconds

Joker - Changing 3 tnt to 8 tnt and adding a redstone block and 3 wooden pressure plates

Spiderman - Add a 1:30 jump boost potion.

Discuss what you make of these changes, whether they sound great or terrible. Make sure to vote!
Stay on topic and please don't discuss the addition of new kits, adding a separate thread for that.

please dont set swordsman to stone sword

Reactions: CubeTale

ImperialWolf

Jul 1, 2016
Skywars lobby and most maps
My short essay on kit balance:

If you had asked me, say, 1 year ago whether the kits are balanced, I would scream "NO" for ages. After a lot of games though, I can proudly say that I have found the meta, abused it, and switched to a more positive answer. The current most used kit is, as everyone knows, the fisherman. JK, you know what I am talking about, the iron thing that carries games on its own. The swordsman provides the *best* sword in the game since the very beginning, for free. It deters rushes, can be used for rushing on its own and many more! As someone above me said, it is the best kit. For now. As everyone would like to see more viable kits, I will post my thoughts on the subject with balance for each kit. (I will make an entire skywars guide after the update)> Right now we see OP kits, and UP kits. Nothing in between. My most important input will be: don't nerf a kit based solely on the amount of people who use it. This will bring down most kits to tier chicken after a few updates.

Swordsman: Sharp 1 instead of 2: The proposed stone sharp 2 is too fragile(only about 150 uses) while providing a similar damage output. This kit will give a free sword of high class, while not breaking everything with the 7.5 damage we have seen. A stone sharp 2 unbreaking 1 is also a good idea, keep this in mind.

Blacksmith: some XP bottles and a better helmet(iron) is what it needs, because right now, you are stuck with a useless helmet and... nothing else.

Enchanter: a reduction of the XP bottles and lapis provided is probably the best idea to keep the "passive" feel to the kit, while not making it a late-game changer. Maybe 48 bottles and 24 lapis?

Lumberjack: this kit is totally fine

Archer: either a power 1 bow, or more arrows. No one ever uses it, so it needs a slight buff, considering that bows and arrows are common loot.

Chicken: add a leather chestplate? Never used it, but I saw it once on sundae. Kind of useless unless you add a full ench dia armor...

Scout: The kit is fine as it is

Miner: Adding ore to this kit will make it waaaaay too slow to pay off in a real game. My best bet is giving it a better pickaxe(diamond eff 1 maybe)

Spiderman: Leaping potion as people suggested. Won't affect much the balance itself, but it will make you able to jump over the webs, so why not?

Iron golem: A balanced kit, this is the ~~~ cutoff between a good and a bad kit.

Fisherman: Luck of the sea 3 rod with unbreaking, you can get some nice loot while out of combat.

Bomber: A nice troll kit, keep it like that.

Joker: I would like it removed, too many teamkillers with it. Discuss!

Redstone master: 4 pistons and 3 slimeballs instead of the 1 sticky it currently has. The traps will be bigger and harder to spot.

Well that's it I guess, I will refer a lot more to balance after the patch, because we will see a lot more people choosing non-standard kits (literally anything that isn't swordsman).

D

Deleted member 100818

Balancing kits
Swordsman and the iron golem kit currently dominate SkyWars. A kit shouldn't give you this huge of an advantage and these need to be nerfed. Also are there any kits you would like to see removed and just think, this is useless what is the point of it!?

Agreed

Community Staff suggested changes

If kit tank (iron golem) will be what it says it will be, then I totaly agree, kits need to be more fair instead of being guided by 2 single kits.

As I said if kit swordsman will be the same as it says it will be, then I would love to see this.

Indeed it might be too OP but that depends on what weapon you have to enchant because don't forget you ain't got no armor so if you wanna make the kits a bit more fair I would've added a chain chestplate with protection 1 in this kit. If so then it would be a great kit to me.

Blacksmith - add exp bottles to this kit (32 as well) and replace the chainmail helmet with a diamond helmet
Would love to see this one too

Bomber - add golden boots with blast protection II and feather falling I, increase amount of TNT to 12 or 16, change string from 3 to 5, change redstone from 5 to 10
Yeah, I've seen a lot of people trying to go to mid with this kit and if it fails but there's still ground this kit will help a lot.

I guess this is the "trap" kit? Never really used this one but if this kit if based on traps then maybe 3 normal pistons?

Chicken - add a chicken hat to this kit, iron leggings and reduce the amount of eggs to 32.
Would love to see someone with a chicken on his face :') The armor seems really fair to me but for the eggs I might got another idea. Why not putting 32 eggs in his 5 (4th in Java Language) hotbar and it will fill (1 egg per 2 seconds). Would be fun. (change the delay time if you think this is too OP or too weak tho)

Digger - Add 1 diamond ore, 8 iron ore and 5 coal ore. The kit already has an enchanted pickaxe and they’ll be able to get some gear/weaponry from mining the ores and smelting them.
Seems quite fair to me, although I do not get the point of 1 diamond ore, why nor making it 2 for a sword?

Fisherman - Add unbreaking 3 and luck of the sea 3 to the rod and add a water bucket to the kit
I've never realy knew the point of this kit, so I will agree with this although I don't really know what to do with this kit so this will proably be one of the weakest I guess.

It's indeed way better. But why not adding just 5 more extra blocks (bricks)

Yes please :c

Agreed

Well this kit was not strong at all so adding this is the least you could do.

Maybe a normal chain legging would be good too

Good thinking with the theme of the kit (fire) Agreed

Joker - Changing 3 tnt to 8 tnt and adding a redstone block and 3 wooden pressure plates
Perfect just only maybe a head of the joker would make it really awesome

What about the ability to climb too? IF that's even posible to create in a plugin, because as far as I know it's only posible in hacked clients but it would be awesome to see.

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
This is a very late reply, but I think I want to express my opinion on this.
Please, please, please, keep this kit the same. It will ruin the whole fact of Normal Mode, and many, MANY, good players will be outraged.

I personally don't like this kit, but maybe add an iron helmet as well?

In my opinion, using your resources in Sky Wars is a good tactic. For instance, the original Enchantment kit. A lot of players have used it for YouTube challenges, or just challenges in general, to get a knockback sword or something else.

I've never used this kit before, so I'm okay with whatever.

Yes, yes, yes! I love doing TNT jumping, so this will help so much. I know some other people, as in @Yoya, will also like this, since it can also be used for traps.

I'll love this.

Alright, now I've never used this kit before, I really just want to use the Chicken Hat. XD

Won't this be more of an advantage to the one achievement, I can't remember what it is called, to mine/have 15/16 diamonds?

A lot of people now play on the newer version of MineCraft, and I personally don't like the fishing rod as people do try to spam it and it creates a lot of lag.

Uh. Sure.

I've never used this, so I'm okay with whatever.

A, OKAY!

I've also never used this, so, yeah.

I personally hate bow spammers, and I know that is rude to say, but they just get under my skin a bit, and I don't think this will help.

Sure?

YES! More traps! Woohoo!

Omg, this will be fun. XD

In my opinion, I'd prefer all and any kits to be changed except for the Swordsman. I love that kit, and a lot of other people do as well, and I think it will break a lot of Sky Wars' players to see it be changed to a stone sword.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Please, please, please, keep this kit the same. It will ruin the whole fact of Normal Mode, and many, MANY, good players will be outraged.
I, as a good player, would love this to be changed.
Most of the time this kit is picked and most of the time the same sword is the reason you win some fights, and maybe even the whole match.
Imo, kits shouldn't be the ticket to winning a game.

Reactions: Power Ranger

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
I, as a good player, would love this to be changed.
Most of the time this kit is picked and most of the time the same sword is the reason you win some fights, and maybe even the whole match.
Imo, kits shouldn't be the ticket to winning a game.
I disagree.
I've loved this kit, and it made me actually love voting Normal Mode.
When I first started playing Sky Wars, I would always vote OP. Yet, I'd barely ever win.
Once this kit was noticed, I started using it in OP. It didn't help much.
I saw more and more good players start to play on the server, all using the swordsman kit and voting Normal, so I started to do that.
It has helped me grow so much in PVP. I love this kit. If it were changed, I'd most definitely stop playing Sky Wars.
So, I hope they don't change it.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I saw more and more good players start to play on the server, all using the swordsman kit and voting Normal, so I started to do that.
It has helped me grow so much in PVP. I love this kit. If it were changed, I'd most definitely stop playing Sky Wars.
So, I hope they don't change it.
Yet that is because it's incredibly unbalanced. It's the strongest weapon in normal mode without enchanting tables, and it basically makes rushing always work since you can get to another island before they can even loot their chests.
Yes it's fun, but that's because it's overpowered compared to all of the other kits. You like it because it's so powerful.

Reactions: CyberAutumn

user947836

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Please leave the kits the way it is. And okay, swordsman and iron golem are maybe too good, but that's fine, the kit isn't cheap to buy.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I like all the balances, but I don't like the swordsman balance.
This is because I paid 1200 points (when I bought the kit it cost 1200 points).
The kit is a kind of a reward for the points you have saved.
I think it's the PvP kit for the professional or the beginning PvP'ers.
But.... Just balance the kits if you want to, I won't have problems with it xD!

NiekZGV

Jul 2, 2017
I think its just good how it is becose u buy that with points u work for. And a diamond sword is not ferry less :)

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Bday!
Basketman wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow!
Thunder wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday!
Halloween Zoomed.png

I miss spooky season :(