• Total voters

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
Hello!

Due to so many different conflicting discussion/opinions going to make a bunch of threads in relation to some of the poll suggestions proposed from this thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/the-next-skywars-update.191642/ This will mean we get more direct information on each suggestion.

Balancing kits
Swordsman and the iron golem kit currently dominate SkyWars. A kit shouldn't give you this huge of an advantage and these need to be nerfed. Also are there any kits you would like to see removed and just think, this is useless what is the point of it!?

Community Staff suggested changes

Swordsman - Stone sword with sharp 2

Tank - Iron chestplate, chain leggings

Enchantment - less exp bottles (only 32) and less lapiz (only 16)

Blacksmith - add exp bottles to this kit (32 as well) and replace the chainmail helmet with a diamond helmet

Bomber - add golden boots with blast protection II and feather falling I, increase amount of TNT to 12 or 16, change string from 3 to 5, change redstone from 5 to 10

Redstone master - add a normal piston and redstone comparator.

Chicken - add a chicken hat to this kit, iron leggings and reduce the amount of eggs to 32.

Digger - Add 1 diamond ore, 8 iron ore and 5 coal ore. The kit already has an enchanted pickaxe and they’ll be able to get some gear/weaponry from mining the ores and smelting them.

Fisherman - Add unbreaking 3 and luck of the sea 3 to the rod and add a water bucket to the kit

Builder - add a wooden sword.

Noobly - add some armour to this kit like leather chestplate and pants.

Scout - this kit is completely fine.

Lumberjack - Add efficiency 3 to the axe.

Archer - Adding a chain chestplate with projectile protection 2.

Pyromaniac - Adding a fire resistance potion of 1 minute and 30 seconds

Joker - Changing 3 tnt to 8 tnt and adding a redstone block and 3 wooden pressure plates

Spiderman - Add a 1:30 jump boost potion.

Discuss what you make of these changes, whether they sound great or terrible. Make sure to vote!
Stay on topic and please don't discuss the addition of new kits, adding a separate thread for that.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I'm fine with every balance in this thread but...
I would prefer to have them switched around with chain chestplate and iron leggings. Tank was the only way to get iron leggings in normal mode other than crafting and it would be cool if we could keep that.

Edit: Fisherman is going to be my new main kit!

Last edited:

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
Swordsman
I don't really want changes to it, I'd like to let iron sword with sharpness II Stay.

Tank (Iron Golem)
I prever like to have Iron leggings and chestplate, with chainmail helmet and boots.

Bomber
Yes I agree with this. Don't know any reasons Why But I agree

Restone master
Yes add these things. BUT If the sticky piston stays.

Lumberjack
Yes it would be Nice to add an enchantment back to the kit.

Archer
Oh Yes, adding armor to kits is always good ^-^

Enchanter, Blacksmith, Chicken, Digger, Fisherman, Noobly, pyromaniac, Spiderman, Builder, Joker
I don't use these kits so I agree with the changes

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
Yeah. This would be Nice! HAHA the chicken is now my favorite kit. I think for giving the tank ful armor. I don't know why the redstone master will weaken. @Yoya Will be angry.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
There's one kit change which I just don't agree with.
I really think the Swordsman kit should stay like it's now (so an Iron sword with Sharpness II) as it's just perfect. You can win a Skywars game with this sword, but you do get killed sometimes by an enemy who doesn't have this sword but just a normal Diamond sword (you and your opponent have similar armour). I just really don't think the Swordsman kit should be changed. I simply love how it is now, the Swordsman kit.

And there's one kit which I find useless.
Fisherman - Add unbreaking 3 and luck of the sea 3 to the rod and add a water bucket to the kit
I find this kit useless. What do you want to do with this kit in a Skywars game and why would you even pick it as a kit for in your game?

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
I would prefer to have them switched around with chain chestplate and iron leggings. Tank was the only way to get iron leggings in normal mode other than crafting and it would be cool if we could keep that.
I'm sure there will also be some changes with chest items, so who knows how it will end up :P
Swordsman
I don't really want changes to it, I'd like to let iron sword with sharpness II Stay.
I disagree, this is one of the most used kits because it simply gives you the best sword in the game without even having to open a chest for it. It gives everyone who doesn't own or use this kit basically a big disadvantage.
Tank (Iron Golem)
I prever like to have Iron leggings and chestplate, with chainmail helmet and boots.
Chests are there for a reason, it's OP and not fun to instantly get enough gear to not have to loot chests.
I find this kit useless. What do you want to do with this kit in a Skywars game and why would you even pick it as a kit for in your game?
Edit: Fisherman is going to be my new main kit!
Some people seem to like it ;)? Of course the fisherman won't be the most overpowered kit, but it's a fun challenge to win with it and it could be really cool to get some cool items from fishing, which should be better now it has unbreaking and luck of the sea.

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Kits don't need to be better than the loot you can get, that's my opinion about it. Kits are extras that will help your gameplay by 5% max, not 50% like swordsman and/or Iron Golem. That's the reason why I agree with all of them, the ones that were top OP, get their nerf, the ones that were dead, revive. This will be something I'm already hyped for, although swordsman gets a nerf (normally).

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I'd much prefer it to be sharpness one, so it doesn't completely outclass the average sword in basic items. (average sword being the stone sword, unless people craft a diamond one.

Sounds good.

Sounds good, considering Lapiz and enchantment bottles are already a pretty common loot.

Blacksmith - add exp bottles to this kit (32 as well) and replace the chainmail helmet with a diamond helmet
No objections!

Bomber - add golden boots with blast protection II and feather falling I, increase amount of TNT to 12 or 16, change string from 3 to 5, change redstone from 5 to 10
As long as you guys manage to fix TNT-boosting in the next update (if it's even possible), I'll be very content with this change. I'd be okay with it being 12, as it doesn't need to be TOO overpowered of a strategy, if you know what I mean.

A single piston doesn't do much to be honest... I think it'd be a better idea to give the player 2-3 pistons and the same amount of slimeballs so they can craft stickies if needed.

Chicken - add a chicken hat to this kit, iron leggings and reduce the amount of eggs to 32.
Reducing the eggs is a good call, but giving the chicken kit iron leggings? Sounds a bit... iffy to me. It'd basically serve as a few free kills on (solo) maps like rainbow, and on top of that serve as a lightweight armour kit. I don't think it fits the chickens theme.

Digger - Add 1 diamond ore, 8 iron ore and 5 coal ore. The kit already has an enchanted pickaxe and they’ll be able to get some gear/weaponry from mining the ores and smelting them.
I feel like players (with the fortune ability) would place it & dig it up again a few times so they can get full iron out of it. If this exploit isn't fixed, then I think this kit would be really powerful compared to the rest.
I'm not sure if this exploit has already been fixed without me knowing about it, if so feel free to tell me.

+1

I rather not have this. This would make it a rushing kit which could lead to lots of people being (for example) knocked off while looting the first chest or being killed because they have no weapon.

Leather chestplate and leather boots, as it would kind of rival the spiderman kit otherwise.
And for pete's sake, please just remove the hoe! nobody farms in Skywars & it's just a filled inventory slot with a useless item.

Agreed.

Why would an archer have projectile protection 2? Sure, they shoot arrows, but it's unlikely that they'll use it near mid-game where everyone has iron chestplates. The enchantment seems pointless to me.
The chestplate itself would be better than/equal to the noobly kit's protection WITHOUT any chests with gear, so I think that's an okay piece of armour to distribute.

Simply said: Yes.

Joker - Changing 3 tnt to 8 tnt and adding a redstone block and 3 wooden pressure plates
As 3 TNT is usually not enough to kill someone, this would make a pretty good balance. It'd come close to being the bomber kit though.

I don't really see the point in this, as jump boost usually doesn't give you much of an advantage (Sometimes it's not at your advantage, as you can't run as fast as someone without the jumpboost). At least make it jump boost 2 so it's useful for jumping up 2 blocks.

Reactions: iLoveYouu

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
So I read through the buff and nerf ideas and I noticed I didn't even know half of those kits by name and/or items that come with it.
That is because I always pick swordsman, meaning that Swordsman needs to be nerfed. Even then, swordsman will probably be the most used kit simply because people dont wanna risk not-having a sword. But the sharp II iron is the best sword in the entire game and giving that for free is pretty weird actually :D

All the buffs and nerfs seem to be pretty cool and we'll probably see more variety in kit-usage after the update.
Seems pretty good to me :D

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
I'd much prefer it to be sharpness one, so it doesn't completely outclass the average sword in basic items. (average sword being the stone sword, unless people craft a diamond one.
Yea, I'm kind of debating between sharpness 2 and 1.
A single piston doesn't do much to be honest... I think it'd be a better idea to give the player 2-3 pistons and the same amount of slimeballs so they can craft stickies if needed.
A single piston is already a really nice addition to the redstone kit, I don't really mind if they got 2 normal pistons and/or 2 sticky pistons though. I wouldn't really want to see slimeballs being used in kits though, if you have enough friends with this kit you could create a slimeblock which can do some weird stuff..
Reducing the eggs is a good call, but giving the chicken kit iron leggings? Sounds a bit... iffy to me. It'd basically serve as a few free kills on (solo) maps like rainbow, and on top of that serve as a lightweight armour kit. I don't think it fits the chickens theme.
It's decently balanced with swordsman and iron golem, a bit of both worlds I guess.
I feel like players (with the fortune ability) would place it & dig it up again a few times so they can get full iron out of it. If this exploit isn't fixed, then I think this kit would be really powerful compared to the rest.
I'm not sure if this exploit has already been fixed without me knowing about it, if so feel free to tell me.
Yea if that's possible then we should get that fixed, maybe just have auto-smelt on completely in skywars?
I rather not have this. This would make it a rushing kit which could lead to lots of people being (for example) knocked off while looting the first chest or being killed because they have no weapon.
A rushing kit isn't that bad, it's just a wooden sword. If you pick another kit you'll basically be guarenteed to have better stuff and you should be able to get some items from a chest as well, so it shouldn't be that difficult to kill the rusher.
Leather chestplate and leather boots, as it would kind of rival the spiderman kit otherwise.
And for pete's sake, please just remove the hoe! nobody farms in Skywars & it's just a filled inventory slot with a useless item.
That seems fine yea.
Why would an archer have projectile protection 2? Sure, they shoot arrows, but it's unlikely that they'll use it near mid-game where everyone has iron chestplates. The enchantment seems pointless to me.
The chestplate itself would be better than/equal to the noobly kit's protection WITHOUT any chests with gear, so I think that's an okay piece of armour to distribute
It's just a cute little enchantment to make the chestplate look a bit better.
As 3 TNT is usually not enough to kill someone, this would make a pretty good balance. It'd come close to being the bomber kit though.
5-8 TnT seems fine to me for this kit to be honest.
I don't really see the point in this, as jump boost usually doesn't give you much of an advantage (Sometimes it's not at your advantage, as you can't run as fast as someone without the jumpboost). At least make it jump boost 2 so it's useful for jumping up 2 blocks.
I think it's a mistake, because you can't create a 1:30 normal jump boost potion in Minecraft unless you use some magic, so I assume it's supposed to be jump boost 2.

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
Personally I don't think the sharp 2 iron sword is that op in 1.9. In 1.8 it is a lot more powerful but in 1.9 it is only .5 Attack damage more than the diamond swords you find in chests. If you change it to a stone sharp 2 it will almost make the kit pointless because you will choose it and then half the time throw it out to replace it with a diamond sword. Plus all you have to do is enchant that diamond sword with sharp 1 and it's already better than the initial sharp 2 iron sword. My personal opinion, swordsman doesn't need to be changed. (For 1.9 at least)

Tank, I'm not too sure. I mean most of the time you are able to upgrade your armour from iron off of your spawn island. I'd say iron chestplate, chain legging and iron boots. No helmet.

Chicken I like the changes, maybe instead of iron legging give it gold unbreaking 3 leggings and gold unbreaking 3 feather falling 1 boots.

Just saying as well if you are changing them for being too op in basic, these kits (swordsman and tank) you basically throw out when OP chests are voted because you don't need them.

I can't really comment on many other kits because I don't use them that much so I don't know if they are too op/not op enough :p

KjoepKraft_

May 16, 2017
Yea, I'm kind of debating between sharpness 2 and 1.

A single piston is already a really nice addition to the redstone kit, I don't really mind if they got 2 normal pistons and/or 2 sticky pistons though. I wouldn't really want to see slimeballs being used in kits though, if you have enough friends with this kit you could create a slimeblock which can do some weird stuff..

It's decently balanced with swordsman and iron golem, a bit of both worlds I guess.

Yea if that's possible then we should get that fixed, maybe just have auto-smelt on completely in skywars?

A rushing kit isn't that bad, it's just a wooden sword. If you pick another kit you'll basically be guarenteed to have better stuff and you should be able to get some items from a chest as well, so it shouldn't be that difficult to kill the rusher.

That seems fine yea.

It's just a cute little enchantment to make the chestplate look a bit better.

5-8 TnT seems fine to me for this kit to be honest.

I think it's a mistake, because you can't create a 1:30 normal jump boost potion in Minecraft unless you use some magic, so I assume it's supposed to be jump boost 2.

please add the kit

Last edited:

Vreeself

Feb 22, 2017
Belgium
www.youtube.com
I should prefer iron leggings
Please keep it an iron sword, people who don't have the kid can get it by killing other players with a diamond sword. A stone sword is to mutch downrading the kit.

I do agree with the other kits.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Hello!

Due to so many different conflicting discussion/opinions going to make a bunch of threads in relation to some of the poll suggestions proposed from this thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/the-next-skywars-update.191642/ This will mean we get more direct information on each suggestion.

Balancing kits
Swordsman and the iron golem kit currently dominate SkyWars. A kit shouldn't give you this huge of an advantage and these need to be nerfed. Also are there any kits you would like to see removed and just think, this is useless what is the point of it!?

Community Staff suggested changes

Scout - this kit is completely fine.

Discuss what you make of these changes, whether they sound great or terrible. Make sure to vote!
Stay on topic and please don't discuss the addition of new kits, adding a separate thread for that.
Some of them I do agree on.
However, I like the Swordsman and Noobly kit to stay the way it is.
You have to be lucky to get a chest plate so i think maybe leather boots would be fine.

iFantastic

Aug 1, 2016
I think that this is a great idea but I want then that the swordsman kit is an iron sword with sharpness 1 maybe

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Nightmare wrote on linkxniko's profile.
Thanks for the follow!
Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
we want cubecraft 2023 :(
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Top Bottom