Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think that there should be at least one game per map?

• Yes! Please!

• Noooooo! I don't care if there is none of my favorite maps available

• Don't care. Works either way.

Results are only viewable after voting.

My__username

Novice Member
Apr 18, 2017
Hello cubecraft
I would like to make a suggestion: at least one game per map. I am an eggwars player and have been playing on it since sentinel was introduced (A long time). Currently, I have diamond rank, so I can choose maps. However, map choosing may not be the most worth, if you know what i mean. Personally, I hate the map toys and loves forest (in speed), so I am really irritated when there is like 6 toys matches and 0 forest matches. So, I think that making sure there is at least one game per map will make this server better.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I disagree
Firstly not always being able to play your favourite map can prolong your enjoyment of that map, since after a certain number of games on that map it becomes boring to play since games start to repeat so to say. This happened to me with pirates on skywars, at one point it was 1 of my favourite maps and I would get really lucky and continually find it on the board. However eventually I got bored of it. I like it again now but it just goes to show you what I mean.

Secondly the reason there are only a certain amount of maps open at once a,ready is to reduce lag on the server however this would likely increase lag due to so many world being open at once
Not to mention every time a map filled up and started another would open, so you theoretically have 10 games on the same map running at the same time

Third if you had someone who was much much better than you playing in the same game with you every time since you want to play the map but they always join that map, it is kind of unfair that you can never be in a different game on that map

Also to the argument that there could just be multiple of one map open at a time:
1. Again lag
2. When you use the board you probably don't know which they might have joined and with the map selector there woLux bring you to the most filled up choice of the maps

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
Currently maps get chosen to be available randomly. I'm not quite sure how the system works, but I don't think it'd be able to handle having such an amount of maps available for us all to pick.

For example: I would really love to play City in EggWars, so I choose the map City, seconds later @Shinte arrives in the lobby and decides to play the map TeaParty. Then there's @NLodjo who'd love to play Rome, @Speelt who would love to play Magic and several more people who all have their favorate map that they now can instantly join whenever, so they don't have to wait for it to pop up in the menu. This means that the server would have to run a lot of maps at the same time and instantly replace it with a new one once the current map is filled.

It's a nice idea in theory, but I don't see it working out very well in reality.

Tristayy

Novice Member
Apr 19, 2017
Outer Space
I think that it would be better if you were able to queue/wish what the next map starting would be so when the next map is being created, you will have the first in the queue. Having one of every map would just leave it all empty.

My__username

Novice Member
Apr 18, 2017
I know what you guys are thinking, but the thing is: pple probably will choose to go to the map with more players anyways.
Besides, there is so many pple in eggwars that the servers will probably be filled anyways.

Shinte

Novice Member
Jun 23, 2017
Finland
Having each map available to go to at each time.

Let's think what this would cause if this really would to be added;

> Too much games running at once as said. If you meant there would be always your favorite map where to join, the games would mainly need a lot of power from the server to handle this situation. So, how it would feel to have 1000, 10.00. 100.000 games running at once in EggWars? Possibly epic from average player's vision, but definitely not to the people that are responsible to keep the server up.

If your feature would be added to the server overall, think all those EggWars, SkyWars, Lucky Islands, BlockWars games for an example. This would make the server have to handle a lot of games at same time. Because all the games aren't that short; The amount of games each minute would increase notable.

> I don't see any point of adding this anyway. Each map has a chance to give you different amount of game experience, each map includes different strategies which would let you to enjoy the game more.

> It's just boring. Playing that same map over and over again, that would make you to get an interest to the specific map less. There is always the map that may be your 2nd favorite, map that is your 3rd favorite; You can simply play these if you're not willing to wait your number one favorite map for a moment.

> I mean, seeing something different every time is just refreshing. I would like to have rome running at each time.. but sadly, I would feel it more like unpleasant to play if the server doesn't let me play other maps because my favorite map is in my way.

> During the time when here is late in Europe. Most of our players are Europeans; And during the late time unfortunately Cube's players starts to decrease; Having usually total of 5000 players online or less than that. If they starts to choose their favorite maps, there may be a chance no one isn't joining your favorite map, because people have different opinions and they may like the different things than you do.

- Currently, thank god still the server brings the maps randomly. So even then when here is not a lot of people they may join the map other than their favorite map, because they simply wants to play, right? I'd rather to keep it as this. Waiting ages for one simple game to fill isn't just worth it.

I'd say this suggestion isn't necessary because of the reasons above. However opinions are opinions; I won't be supporting this.

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
I see why you think this could be a good idea to be implemented but it's not very practical when you look at the little details.

If there was always the ability to pick a map, it means the server would need to open up many extra game servers if some of the maps are more popular that others causing lag on the whole server, as mentioned by some of the players above.

It would also take away the fun of playing different maps because playing the same map over and over gets repetitive.

I just don't think this is a reasonable thing to be able to do.

Kloska

Duckerator
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 3, 2016
Sweden
When I've read all those other opinions, I've changed my mind. I agree with those who says no and I agree with their arguments.

My__username

Novice Member
Apr 18, 2017
Having each map available to go to at each time.

Let's think what this would cause if this really would to be added;

> Too much games running at once as said. If you meant there would be always your favorite map where to join, the games would mainly need a lot of power from the server to handle this situation. So, how it would feel to have 1000, 10.00. 100.000 games running at once in EggWars? Possibly epic from average player's vision, but definitely not to the people that are responsible to keep the server up.

If your feature would be added to the server overall, think all those EggWars, SkyWars, Lucky Islands, BlockWars games for an example. This would make the server have to handle a lot of games at same time. Because all the games aren't that short; The amount of games each minute would increase notable.

> I don't see any point of adding this anyway. Each map has a chance to give you different amount of game experience, each map includes different strategies which would let you to enjoy the game more.

> It's just boring. Playing that same map over and over again, that would make you to get an interest to the specific map less. There is always the map that may be your 2nd favorite, map that is your 3rd favorite; You can simply play these if you're not willing to wait your number one favorite map for a moment.

> I mean, seeing something different every time is just refreshing. I would like to have rome running at each time.. but sadly, I would feel it more like unpleasant to play if the server doesn't let me play other maps because my favorite map is in my way.

> During the time when here is late in Europe. Most of our players are Europeans; And during the late time unfortunately Cube's players starts to decrease; Having usually total of 5000 players online or less than that. If they starts to choose their favorite maps, there may be a chance no one isn't joining your favorite map, because people have different opinions and they may like the different things than you do.

- Currently, thank god still the server brings the maps randomly. So even then when here is not a lot of people they may join the map other than their favorite map, because they simply wants to play, right? I'd rather to keep it as this. Waiting ages for one simple game to fill isn't just worth it.

I'd say this suggestion isn't necessary because of the reasons above. However opinions are opinions; I won't be supporting this.
There will not be 1000 games running at once. Just 1 game per map. It wont cause lag.
It won't get boring. You can just choose a different map when you got bored.
Stone ranked players cannot choose maps. That means they will only choose the maps that are available on the signs, which are the ones that will start the soonest. Since most of the players are stone ranked, a game will always be able to start fast.
Besides, what is the point of having about 5 games of one map instead of moving it to others?
As it of the slow games issue, you can play speed eggwars if u have limited time, and it will not be considerably longer because of the number of stone players, as mentioned above.

I know what you guys are thinking, but I still think this will be a nice feature to add.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
This should be quite doable. Another way to implement such a thing is to let certain rankers open up a game server for a map when there's no server available with that map. Of course there would have to be some precautions to prevent abuse. I also suggested this to the management like a long time ago, they're aware that something like this should be implemented, but I'm not sure when they'll figure out their priorities.

My__username

Novice Member
Apr 18, 2017
This should be quite doable. Another way to implement such a thing is to let certain rankers open up a game server for a map when there's no server available with that map. Of course there would have to be some precautions to prevent abuse. I also suggested this to the management like a long time ago, they're aware that something like this should be implemented, but I'm not sure when they'll figure out their priorities.
This is a good idea!

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
There will not be 1000 games running at once. Just 1 game per map. It wont cause lag.
There are usually quite a lot of games running at once. Just because you only see 1 or 2 open lobbies, doesn't mean there's that many games of said map. New lobbies are opened while dozens of games are already in progress.

Besides, what is the point of having about 5 games of one map instead of moving it to others?
Randomization + the maps that people like to play less are left behind as the scraps that nobody wants. They eventually get reset and "reincarnate" into a different map.
As it of the slow games issue, you can play speed eggwars if u have limited time, and it will not be considerably longer because of the number of stone players, as mentioned above.
Speed Eggwars isn't the same as normal Eggwars.
If you want to play your favorite map, you're not just going to go and play a different one on a different mode.

The one problem I see with this is simple: Lack of available servers.
As I said above, games are always in progress, and the lobby count in the mannequin says nothing about how many games are playing at that time. There could be 3 games of Teaparty in progress, while there are none in the mannequin. This doesn't mean there's no games of said map in progress.
The same applies to 0 games in progress, but 3 in the mannequin. The count in the mannequin has no link to the other active games whatsoever.
For all we know, there could be 8 servers dedicated to one map alone, lobbies and active games included. Now apply that to every single map on every single gamemode, and there you have it. Huge amounts of available servers would be required, potentially causing quite some strain on the server, which results in decreased performance.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Hello cubecraft
I would like to make a suggestion: at least one game per map. I am an eggwars player and have been playing on it since sentinel was introduced (A long time). Currently, I have diamond rank, so I can choose maps. However, map choosing may not be the most worth, if you know what i mean. Personally, I hate the map toys and loves forest (in speed), so I am really irritated when there is like 6 toys matches and 0 forest matches. So, I think that making sure there is at least one game per map will make this server better.
There is, it is just that some games are in progress. And if you mean available at all times, that would be a lot of games as many players play eggwars. Also it is not really necessary as you should just be patient.

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
I disagree
Firstly not always being able to play your favourite map can prolong your enjoyment of that map, since after a certain number of games on that map it becomes boring to play since games start to repeat so to say. This happened to me with pirates on skywars, at one point it was 1 of my favourite maps and I would get really lucky and continually find it on the board. However eventually I got bored of it. I like it again now but it just goes to show you what I mean.
Pirates is removed anyways, but I see your point.
Secondly the reason there are only a certain amount of maps open at once a,ready is to reduce lag on the server however this would likely increase lag due to so many world being open at once
Not to mention every time a map filled up and started another would open, so you theoretically have 10 games on the same map running at the same time
There's lag anyways, so I don't see your point
Third if you had someone who was much much better than you playing in the same game with you every time since you want to play the map but they always join that map, it is kind of unfair that you can never be in a different game on that map
I see your point. (Actually I don't see your since you didn't end your sentence with a point) However, I can take down your point, with your first point: it will get bored anyways, since you play the map all over again. Also just join an another map. Or have a bit patience.
Also to the argument that there could just be multiple of one map open at a time:
1. Again lag
2. When you use the board you probably don't know which they might have joined and with the map selector there woLux bring you to the most filled up choice of the maps
1. Again there's lagg anyways.
2. I have no idea what you mean with woLux, and sometimes a less filled map will be ready earlier. Again patience.

((Don't take this as a personal offense, (btw, you know I like making jokes) also most of the time you have really great opinions, but this time I just firmly disagree.))

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
FkhsjevXEBQvIe3.jpg
to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
will you guys still love me if chapter 4 turns out to be shorter and more underwhelming
Top Bottom