Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Zalie

Jan 20, 2021
Story’s reply on this thread https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/remove-barrier-blocks-from-the-new-lobby.299014/#post-1394296 states “We will be doing this on Java only once we re-add the world border and place it further out, similar to the original hub”.

To be fair, this reply could be read two ways (we will ONLY be doing this on Java -or- we will be doing this on Java but ONLY once we re-add the world border), but I'm assuming it means only on Java. The thread was locked instantly, giving us no chance to clarify or enquire why.

So, if that is the case - why are the barriers not also being removed from Bedrock, so we too can explore everywhere? Thanks!

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
There is very little to actually explore outside the barriers, the reason for removal is elytra in Java, java users can fly around lobbies and the barriers are quite intrusive at this speed, leading to an unsatisfying flying experience.

Since these don't exist on Bedrock we wont be removing barriers there, we stand by this decision.

Zalie

Jan 20, 2021
Thank you for your reply, which I understand, although of course it’s disappointing. Also, just out of interest, why don’t we have elytra in bedrock?

Regarding barriers, please could you remove the barrier in the basement of the abandoned building next to the hot air balloon, so that the ladder and tunnel can be accessed?

That one is an invisible barrier which is actually preventing legitimate exploration within the existing world barriers, and it would be nice to be able to explore that further.

Thank you!

Zalie

Jan 20, 2021
(Accidental double post, so used it to add pics to show where I mean)

Attachments

• E05D83D8-8F11-4966-951D-CFE66EE0F83B.jpeg
    E05D83D8-8F11-4966-951D-CFE66EE0F83B.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 5B7461EB-01E4-460A-8334-D6BDF347E1AB.jpeg
    5B7461EB-01E4-460A-8334-D6BDF347E1AB.jpeg
    19.1 KB · Views: 76

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Thank you for your reply, which I understand, although of course it’s disappointing. Also, just out of interest, why don’t we have elytra in bedrock?

Regarding barriers, please could you remove the barrier in the basement of the abandoned building next to the hot air balloon, so that the ladder and tunnel can be accessed?

That one is an invisible barrier which is actually preventing legitimate exploration within the existing world barriers, and it would be nice to be able to explore that further.

Thank you!
We are discussing putting either elytra or /fly into the VIP levels system, however this is a February project so we're not final on any of the details yet.

I'll try find the invisible wall for you and correct it.

Zalie

Jan 20, 2021
That’s great, thank you so much! I'm looking forward to exploring there once the barrier is gone, and also to February and learning more about vip flying!

Zalie

Jan 20, 2021
Any idea about when the barrier by the ladder will be removed, please? I keep going to check as I'm keen to explore down there! 😁

Zalie

Jan 20, 2021
There must be something stopping us from getting through the doors onto the ladder though. There was a few of us trying, so it's not just me who can’t. 🤔.

Zalie

Jan 20, 2021
Ohhhhh, gotcha! Well that’s disappointing, I was hoping for exciting tunnels to explore. 😅 Okay, so my next area of interest is behind all the iron doors - are there actual tunnels behind them?

Reactions: Matriox

ENDERIUM

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2021
THE END
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
There is very little to actually explore outside the barriers, the reason for removal is elytra in Java, java users can fly around lobbies and the barriers are quite intrusive at this speed, leading to an unsatisfying flying experience.

Since these don't exist on Bedrock we wont be removing barriers there, we stand by this decision.
what happened to people with vip level 5 getting elytra

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
what happened to people with vip level 5 getting elytra
If I remember correctly it was a project for February, so that’s where it went. The future, I’d assume if elytra’s are added the barriers will be removed likewise.

Reactions: Story
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Xi1m wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
happy birthday :3
Top Bottom